Next man up

anotherback

There are quite a few studs this year that are in 8th grade. From Higher Calling alone, Trae McDaniel, Bradley Fiveash, Cael Laxton, Jackson Bradford. You've got two light weight guys in Mason Smith and Trey Bates going to Beech, Cooper Flynn at Seymour. I would think Cody Chittum would start for McCallie next year as an 8th grader like Alex Whitworth did this year. David Dixon who is wrestling for Boyd Buchanan right now will be a stud wherever he ends up. I'm sure there are many more I'm missing but those are the ones that I know. 

Grey Carroll (Alcoa), Braden Ivy (not sure his school), Trevor Linderman (Union County), Matheson Meade (think he will be at a Knoxville school), Canion Elkins (Halls), Colby Dalon (Halls), Cooper Flynn (Seymour), Garrett Foreman (Pigeon Forge), Jacob Stamper (Alcoa), and a few others I could name...

I can add to this list after TNAAU state this weekend, but those are the ones I know of off the top of my head.

Grey Carroll (Alcoa), Braden Ivy (not sure his school), Trevor Linderman (Union County), Matheson Meade (think he will be at a Knoxville school), Canion Elkins (Halls), Colby Dalon (Halls), Cooper Flynn (Seymour), Garrett Foreman (Pigeon Forge), Jacob Stamper (Alcoa), and a few others I could name...

I can add to this list after TNAAU state this weekend, but those are the ones I know of off the top of my head.

Can Carroll compete at the upper weights as a freshman? Just asking. Know his family but haven't seen him wrestle.

Ivy is in the Morristown West system i believe. But i dont know if thats where he will end up Edited by Bump11

Ivy is in the Morristown West system i believe. But i dont know if thats where he will end up

After talking to his dad earlier this season it seems he will be taking the high school redshirt similar to what Cooper Flynn did this past year. I do not think he will be competing in high school until 18/19. He was mentioning him training with Miron during the summer and spending some time in Ohio! They are currently in the Morristown area, but he is still not sure where he will end up for high school... I would be surprised to see him at either Morristown school.

I just heard the name a couple days ago and haven't seen him wrestle myself, but I heard that Colby Dalon is the real deal! Was talking to a parent about him yesterday and has been extremely impressed with him. He said he will immediately compete as a freshman and he fits the mold of all those Halls wrestlers! Big and strong and can ride legs!

I just heard the name a couple days ago and haven't seen him wrestle myself, but I heard that Colby Dalon is the real deal! Was talking to a parent about him yesterday and has been extremely impressed with him. He said he will immediately compete as a freshman and he fits the mold of all those Halls wrestlers! Big and strong and can ride legs!

Colby is one of the best Middle School wrestlers this state has had the past few years but a year and half ago while wrestling for Minion Green at VAC, Colby suffered one of the worse unjuries I've ever seen in wrestling.. He ended taking almost 10 months off all sports to let his back heal.. He played football in the fall and wasn't going to wrestle this year but decided about a month ago to get back on the mat. His parents are letting him work at his own pace and do what he wants. He decided on the last day that he was going to wrestle AAU states this year. My son has gone and rolled with him a few times in past few weeks and Colby isn't fully back to where he was before the injury but he is still Colby Dalon and he is a phenom. He hasn't competed at all in year and half and had only practice for less than a month but if I was still doing the rankings I would have Colby as the favorite to win 115p at MS states this year. As for next year, I am not sure what they are doing but I wouldn't expect him at Halls or any TN HS for that matter.