Metro Nashville recruiting

runtheball

Also good point highlife. And you are right, if a kid goes to a coach first, the coach will talk. Heck that's just being polite if nothing else.

Parents do shop their kids and want to know what program offers the most. Playing time, positions, winning, college offers, etc. You also have "agents" for lack of a better word. Some are truly there to help kids. Some are there to promote themselves to better their business. I also think highlife is right in that it's probably not going to stop anytime soon. It may actually get worse.

If I have the proper relationship with my players, you can't steal them after they are part of my program. And anybody that you can steal, I didn't really need anyway.

What  about the ones you never saw that were recruited.The good players in your zone. Thoughts about that?  Is that okay? 

Edited by fb247

It's not ok, but it is where we are today. Parents shop their kids and schools recruit.

Complaining hasn't solved the problem, the problem has continually worsened over time. All an honest Coach can do is let kids zoned to him know own that he wants them and will treat them fairly and care about them.

The best recruiting tool is past players telling future players about how you treated them like family and truly looked out for them and helped develop them into being a good young man.

It's not ok, but it is where we are today. Parents shop their kids and schools recruit.

Complaining hasn't solved the problem, the problem has continually worsened over time. All an honest Coach can do is let kids zoned to him know own that he wants them and will treat them fairly and care about them.

The best recruiting tool is past players telling future players about how you treated them like family and truly looked out for them and helped develop them into being a good young man.

I do wish you would call me. I know you know how  or are smart enough .

• 1 month later...