2017 Class A State Tournament

Play 4 Fun

hard for a single a team to beat them

True, but South Greene is a AA team now so I'd say the road to the championship will be much harder playing schools their own size or larger.  They'll be the one at the disadvantage next year but i doubt it will have an effect as far as getting to the state tournament because of the weak AA teams in East Tn.  That is unless they have to travel to McMinn Central for their substate game, then that won't be an easy undertaking for them.  After Lamb leaves they'll struggle to compete at the AA level.  

True, but South Greene is a AA team now so I'd say the road to the championship will be much harder playing schools their own size or larger.  They'll be the one at the disadvantage next year but i doubt it will have an effect as far as getting to the state tournament because of the weak AA teams in East Tn.  That is unless they have to travel to McMinn Central for their substate game, then that won't be an easy undertaking for them.  After Lamb leaves they'll struggle to compete at the AA level.

i think they would get Mcminn central since Jacobi will be gone. I look to see them back in the Boro in 2018.

You know, everybody keeps talking about the "weak" AA ball is in the East. But in the past 5 state tournaments, 7 of the 10 teams representing Regions 1 & 2 have made it to at least the state semifinals. That's 7 semifinalists out of 20. That's 35%. Not bad for the eastern 25% that's so weak.

South Greene has four gold balls and three silver in AA and two of those silver were due to losing against fellow Eastern teams in Unicoi and Meigs. They will compete with the Middle part of the state. We will all hate seeing Lamb graduate next year but will enjoy watching her on the next level. SG will also be gaining the younger sisters of TK Franklin and Morgan Williams who led their Nolachuckey team deep into the post season as well as an additional young lady. It may be awhile before we see another Lamb, but there are still plenty of players to step into the gym at Rebel Hill.