Region 2A

bluedevil6913

It looks like Meigs is doing their part, so I'm guessing they've got the 2-seed sown up (if it is runs scored, or runs allowed being the tie-breaker between two teams with same district records.) Unless my math is wrong...entirely possible, assuming Meigs takes care of business at Rockwood this week (not a guarantee by any means, but likely,) they would get the 2-seed no matter what happens between GCA and Gback. If Rockwood takes one, then things get crazy: Gback goes 2-0 v GCA, they get 1-seed & Meigs is 2-seed, GCA 3-seed. Gback 1-1 vs GCA, Gback still 1-seed, GCA 2-seed & Meigs is 3-seed. GCA 2-0 v Gback, GCA gets the 1-seed, Meigs 2-seed & Gback would be best 3-seed in the history of Class A baseball. All of that said, it seems Meigs controls its own destiny for the 2-seed bye if they beat Rockwood twice.

Any way you slice it, there's going to be at least one very good team packing it up for the season after the district tourney. Every team has at least one capable pitcher, so there's no looking past the first game any of us plays.

Let's hope for games to be played as scheduled Mon/Tue, so we can get on with the dist tourney. Its going to be a doozy!!! I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather it be like this than have only one team with a chance to make some noise. Is this a great sport, or what?!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rockwood take one game in the Meigs series. Big games this week and exciting district next. Weather should move out after lunch today with sunshine and strong wind. We should be able to play on GCA turf with those conditions I would think. Weather looking promising for game @ GB tomorrow. Early next week looks good too for start of district tourney! Whew!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rockwood take one game in the Meigs series. Big games this week and exciting district next. Weather should move out after lunch today with sunshine and strong wind. We should be able to play on GCA turf with those conditions I would think. Weather looking promising for game @ GB tomorrow. Early next week looks good too for start of district tourney! Whew!

Gonna be a bomb or two today with wind blowing out this hard. And, of course, I'm working the darn concession stand. :( I need to coach my better half on what games to sign us up for.....not the most important district game of the year!!! Come n get your cheeseburger ORNGNBLK....if you trust the cook. LOL!

I want to thank everyone for being so kind/patient with us in the concession stand last night. We were a tad short-handed for various reasons, not the least of which was because everybody wanted to watch the Greenback boys play.

I guess it's for all the marbles tonight at Greenback. Winner takes the district! I'm guessing there might be a few extra miles per hour on that fastball from Mr TarHeel tonight. We'll have our hands full for sure.

With mine being a pup, I'm looking forward to my 1st trip to your ballpark. If it is anything like the football environment, it'll be a great time.

I'll take onion, tomato and lettuce on that cheeseburger! See y'all at 6! It is 6, or is it 5:30? Ok, so I stir the pot once in awhile. Here's hoping for a cleanly played, injury-free barn-burner tonight!

I want to thank everyone for being so kind/patient with us in the concession stand last night. We were a tad short-handed for various reasons, not the least of which was because everybody wanted to watch the Greenback boys play.

I guess it's for all the marbles tonight at Greenback. Winner takes the district! I'm guessing there might be a few extra miles per hour on that fastball from Mr TarHeel tonight. We'll have our hands full for sure.

With mine being a pup, I'm looking forward to my 1st trip to your ballpark. If it is anything like the football environment, it'll be a great time.

I'll take onion, tomato and lettuce on that cheeseburger! See y'all at 6! It is 6, or is it 5:30? Ok, so I stir the pot once in awhile. Here's hoping for a cleanly played, injury-free barn-burner tonight!

Well #1 we don't have a concession stand so be prepared.  We sometimes have a guy with a food truck!

And #2 we really don't have coaches...the players would be better off coaching themselves!

And finally...we do have some wonderful fans..well for the most part.

Safe travels!!

Baseball is an unpredictable game. Two very good teams in GCA and GB played the past two nights. I bet we'll meet again at least once more before this season is complete. Both teams could get to state, or one, or none and Meigs, Harriman or Rockwood could get it done. No disrespect to the other two, but that extra play-in game will cost them with little pitching depth.

As for the soph starting pitching last night (why do I get the feeling he's a heck of a football player?), I think your coach made a calculated move based on the wind (thinking off-speed might be smart) and maybe underestimating our young kids a bit. Even when Willis came in (very good ballplayer, btw), we hit and scored until we let off the pedal, which CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN! I believe my soph got both of his hits last night off of him. He definitely should've started one of the games. He's the best "pitcher" we saw. If he starts, that game would've been more competitive without question. Our young pups are extremely good hitters...have been getting better and better all year. I'm pretty sure every extra base hit we had in the two games were ALL by frosh or sophs. I called that weeks ago on here, giving an honest assessment.....our young pups would have to step up for us to do anything, and they have.

I know y'all probably hate having to play on the turf, but it sure looks like it may help us all play some games with the weather coming this week. And, we have a concession stand! Good luck to all in the tourney!

Baseball is an unpredictable game. Two very good teams in GCA and GB played the past two nights. I bet we'll meet again at least once more before this season is complete. Both teams could get to state, or one, or none and Meigs, Harriman or Rockwood could get it done. No disrespect to the other two, but that extra play-in game will cost them with little pitching depth.

As for the soph starting pitching last night (why do I get the feeling he's a heck of a football player?), I think your coach made a calculated move based on the wind (thinking off-speed might be smart) and maybe underestimating our young kids a bit. Even when Willis came in (very good ballplayer, btw), we hit and scored until we let off the pedal, which CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN! I believe my soph got both of his hits last night off of him. He definitely should've started one of the games. He's the best "pitcher" we saw. If he starts, that game would've been more competitive without question. Our young pups are extremely good hitters...have been getting better and better all year. I'm pretty sure every extra base hit we had in the two games were ALL by frosh or sophs. I called that weeks ago on here, giving an honest assessment.....our young pups would have to step up for us to do anything, and they have.

I know y'all probably hate having to play on the turf, but it sure looks like it may help us all play some games with the weather coming this week. And, we have a concession stand! Good luck to all in the tourney!

You GCA baseball boys did exactly what we do, find a way to win. Super Proud of all the Rams and the way they've progressed during the season. These young men have been down this road before and know how to get it done.

DADGUM! It's good to be a RAM!

when Willis came in he gave up two hits in 5 innings. But thanks for the compliment. Gca is hitting the ball well right now. Their a good looking ball team to be so young. GHS has a few days of practice before the tourney starts to get them bats a going. Good luck to all. Go Kees!!!

You GCA baseball boys did exactly what we do, find a way to win. Super Proud of all the Rams and the way they've progressed during the season. These young men have been down this road before and know how to get it done.

DADGUM! It's good to be a RAM!

pride don't make me get o&b on here lol.

Baseball at its best requires not only physical ability but mental toughness, extreme focus, calculated decision making on a dime, and high game IQ with ability to adjust. It also requires the ability to play non-emotional while keeping the competitive fire alive. GCA tested us twice and we failed mainly due to lack of reasons stated above. Our same GB team played GCA much closer last year both times with 1 going down to the wire. I scratch my head and wonder if this GB team as a whole gets any of this? You know same behavior & mindset=same results. Some say there isn't such a thing as a good loss but I beg to differ in this instance. Back to back games gave little time for necessary adjustments and we somewhat repeated the first game with glimmers of the real "us" as a whole. They say when the going gets tough the tough gets going. We need to find another level of toughness. Baseball toughness! Not intended as a rant but an honest post based on what I see and many years experience playing (softball albeit but same attributes.....My pitching was done underhanded lol), coaching, & watching. We should be ready come district tourney time and hope we show our best.