Region 2A

bluedevil6913

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new pitching rules is one of reasons Connor A going to play again. Lets still hope he has the juice he had in 7th grade

Actually he has looked pretty good with control in some recent practice times with our coach. Honestly have to make sure he is in control with that heat, dont want to kill anyone. I got to admit I kind of excited to spit the seeds again!

JUICE!! He said JUICE!!! PED's!!!! Grace is back at it again with their cheating ways!!!!

I agree with BD6913 and 87ismine's assessment of the upcoming season.  Greenback will be one of the toughest teams, if not the toughest, in the Region. GCA, Harriman and Meigs will be strong teams as well. It will all come down to pitching depth and the new pitching rules. I don't think it will affect district play much, but will make non-district games pretty boring. This will relegate #1,2 and 3 PO's to district only pitchers for the most part. Excited to see how this year will shake out.

My prediction is GCA as Region 2A champs though, I'm only slightly biased to the Rowdy Rams.

I don't look for the Tigers to be as good as they were last year. Losing Malone hurts, hard to replace good Single A pitching. I think we'll be competitive, I just don't know if we'll have the arms to compete down the stretch.

I believe it's without question that Grace and Greenback are two of the best teams this side of Nashville this year.

Grace--yes--track record to prove it.

Greenback??--Pump the brakes--Very talented.......But have only advanced to play-offs once in 10 years.  Even then, they were knocked out in first round of Region.  They need to do way more than that to say they are one of the best teams in the Eastern side of the state. Gotta show up in May.......Scrimmages in March don't mean a thing.  

Grace--yes--track record to prove it.

Greenback??--Pump the brakes--Very talented.......But have only advanced to play-offs once in 10 years. Even then, they were knocked out in first round of Region. They need to do way more than that to say they are one of the best teams in the Eastern side of the state. Gotta show up in May.......Scrimmages in March don't mean a thing.

This team hasn't played the last 10 years and this coaching staff just took over last year(also Remember the football team hadn't made the semis since 91 and these coaches are the ones who got us over that hump,they know how to win)and they gave GCA and Meigs all they could handle.GB returns everybody!Just remember your post come post season. Edited by orngnblk

This team hasn't played the last 10 years and this coaching staff just took over last year(also Remember the football team hadn't made the semis since 91 and these coaches are the ones who got us over that hump,they know how to win)and they gave GCA and Meigs all they could handle.GB returns everybody!Just remember your post come post season.

This cat just doesn't understand the talent that is in that Sophomore class on the football and baseball fields. These kids from GB have been dominating since day 1 from Dixie Youth all the way up. My buddy coached all stars against them their last year of 11-12s and says they are the best Dixie team he's ever seen. Not to mention the upperclassmen they are playing with this year as well. GB baseball is going to be something else these next few years. Ole boy will eat his words at some point

This cat just doesn't understand the talent that is in that Sophomore class on the football and baseball fields. These kids from GB have been dominating since day 1 from Dixie Youth all the way up. My buddy coached all stars against them their last year of 11-12s and says they are the best Dixie team he's ever seen. Not to mention the upperclassmen they are playing with this year as well. GB baseball is going to be something else these next few years. Ole boy will eat his words at some point

He just said they have to prove themselves as one of the best in ETenn...he acknowledged they have good talent. I wouldn't grade him too harshly on that...seems legitimate to me....and I suspect they will show it come May.

Two teams will come out of region....At this point, there are at least four with a good shot. Three from 3a and one from 4a. Let the games begin. CF beat Harriman in a scrimmage last night. Both teams played most everyone. Doesn't mean much, just info. 

Never questioned their talent.  Very talented.  But we all know in that district at least 1 probably 2 teams will not make the playoffs that could be at the top of district 4.  With the new pitch count rules....district tournaments will be very tricky to advance through playing that many games in that many days.  

Often in baseball, it's not always the most talented teams that advance.  It is about whoever gets hot at the right time.  In 3A that could be several teams. 1 very good team and 1 pretty solid team are gonna be left without a chair when the music stops.  Both of which could compete very well with whomever advances from 4A

Never questioned their talent. Very talented. But we all know in that district at least 1 probably 2 teams will not make the playoffs that could be at the top of district 4. With the new pitch count rules....district tournaments will be very tricky to advance through playing that many games in that many days.

Often in baseball, it's not always the most talented teams that advance. It is about whoever gets hot at the right time. In 3A that could be several teams. 1 very good team and 1 pretty solid team are gonna be left without a chair when the music stops. Both of which could compete very well with whomever advances from 4A

my bad. I expect Greenback to be very good but baseball is a very funny sport. You are right. For the ball to be round it just doesn't bounce the right way sometimes. Pitching rules will hurt a lot of teams without depth. CAH how did Harriman look in the scrimmage? Blowout? Competitive?

Greenback will definitely be a force to be reckoned with this season. Lots of young talent, and anytime Roberts is on the mound (or at the plate for that matter), he is dangerous. They gave Meigs all they wanted last year in the district tourney, and I could see them going to the Boro in May if they stay healthy. But I will say hold the phone on them being the best team in the state. Meigs got a BIG dose of Loretto at the state tournament last year and Loretto has EVERYONE back. Scotts Hill also returns most of their starters and they were class A state champs last season, so it will be interesting to see how things play out. I will say though, if GB can translate the same success on the diamond that they've had on the football field the past 4 or 5 years, then many teams should be worried. Outstanding single A athletic program.

Greenback will definitely be a force to be reckoned with this season. Lots of young talent, and anytime Roberts is on the mound (or at the plate for that matter), he is dangerous. They gave Meigs all they wanted last year in the district tourney, and I could see them going to the Boro in May if they stay healthy. But I will say hold the phone on them being the best team in the state. Meigs got a BIG dose of Loretto at the state tournament last year and Loretto has EVERYONE back. Scotts Hill also returns most of their starters and they were class A state champs last season, so it will be interesting to see how things play out. I will say though, if GB can translate the same success on the diamond that they've had on the football field the past 4 or 5 years, then many teams should be worried. Outstanding single A athletic program.

Is Kane playing, or is he concentrating on NC football? I'm only asking, because somebody recently said he was not playing, which I couldn't imagine being true, unless he was asked not to by UNC. If he's back and playing, they are absolutely loaded. If he's not, that's obviously a huge hole to fill, but they're still extremely talented, and should be one of the favorites in Dist 3-A.   

Does it not figure we've had 70's temps all last month, and here we are at the start of the season, and we're dodging snowflakes?! :angry:  Welcome to baseball season in ETN! 

All of us up here with the rain-proof infield can't wait to see what our young pups can do! :hungry:  It should be a great high school baseball season. Here's to a terrific season of quality baseball with no major injuries and TWO TEAMS getting to Murfreesboro from Dist 3!

Is Kane playing, or is he concentrating on NC football? I'm only asking, because somebody recently said he was not playing, which I couldn't imagine being true, unless he was asked not to by UNC. If he's back and playing, they are absolutely loaded. If he's not, that's obviously a huge hole to fill, but they're still extremely talented, and should be one of the favorites in Dist 3-A.

Does it not figure we've had 70's temps all last month, and here we are at the start of the season, and we're dodging snowflakes?! :angry: Welcome to baseball season in ETN!

All of us up here with the rain-proof infield can't wait to see what our young pups can do! :hungry: It should be a great high school baseball season. Here's to a terrific season of quality baseball with no major injuries and TWO TEAMS getting to Murfreesboro from Dist 3!