Region 2A

bluedevil6913

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harriman canceled baseball game vs GB at Harriman today due to impending weather, but their softball game right next to the baseball field vs GB girls is still on. What?? Is their baseball field that much worse than the softball fieild?

If I remember correctly, their baseball field isn't very good at taking water. Also, it's Alot easier to play a softball game in a mud pit than a baseball game.

Just my .02

If I remember correctly, their baseball field isn't very good at taking water. Also, it's Alot easier to play a softball game in a mud pit than a baseball game.

Just my .02

Two things to note here:

1) BlueDevils probably saw all the beatdowns GB has put on everyone they've played, and the kids likely went AWOL.

2) If the gals were playing in the mud, it should've been very easy to find the boys! They are high school boys afterall..... That's worth at least $.05.

We got one in last night at GCA before the skies opened up 10-2 over Tellico. If we had kept our starter in after being up 10-0 and him only throwing 35 pitches in 4 innings, we would've been able to finish the second beatdown. Should've ended in 5, but had to go the distance. We were up 9-0 in the 2nd game when the lightning started. Thankfully, this time the field wasn't covered in hail like last week! Should be a peach rescheduling a district game with Tellico. It is so logistically convenient to anywhere in the world!

Just my .02

As a Harriman Baseball Alumnus I can tell you it is true that our field doesn't hold water very well. Our field is in so much better shape though these past 7-8 years as opposed to what it was like before then! Knowing how Coach Adcox is I would almost guarantee he cancelled in order to save Greenback the trip down here, only to waste gas and the game get cancelled as soon as they get here. I'd almost be willing to bet that was the reasoning behind the cancellation.

As a Harriman Baseball Alumnus I can tell you it is true that our field doesn't hold water very well. Our field is in so much better shape though these past 7-8 years as opposed to what it was like before then! Knowing how Coach Adcox is I would almost guarantee he cancelled in order to save Greenback the trip down here, only to waste gas and the game get cancelled as soon as they get here. I'd almost be willing to bet that was the reasoning behind the cancellation.

For that we are very appreciative! It is very hard and expensive to get a field in condition to take on water. We know that all too well at GB! It has taken years of work to get it where it is today and although it may not be cream of the crop it does look pretty good for a small 1A rural school who depends on coaches, Papaws, dads, and players to pull tarp, sweep/suck up water, rake and drag endlessly at all hours of day/night to get games in. Gotta love outdoor spring sports in the TN valley! Edited by ladykee

It should be interesting in region 2 between Grace and Greenback this year. I'd like to see Greenback win it this year.

Meigs may factor in as well... they've split with GCA already. I'm sure Oneida and CF would like to have a say also. Both have a couple good arms to lean on.

So far, I'd say everyone would agree that Greenback is head and shoulders above anyone around in A baseball. GCA completely blew 2 one-run ballgames in district to inferior teams early. I said early on we were very young, and we'd need to improve as the year goes on to have a shot to repeat our success. What couldn't be anticipated is, we've been completely decimated in our rotation with four injuries to solid starters. Plus, we lost the top 3 pitchers from last yr to grad. Most teams would have no shot with that IR. BUT.....we are getting better now that the young lineup is pretty much set, and the young arms are getting experience. We have a couple of bulldogs in the SR class to lead us on the mound. We will be ready for a good fight with Greenback when the time comes. In the meantime, we cannot look past anyone between now and then. We must win them all to have a shot. Good luck to all this week getting games in. This rain has to stop sometime.

So far, I'd say everyone would agree that Greenback is head and shoulders above anyone around in A baseball. GCA completely blew 2 one-run ballgames in district to inferior teams early. I said early on we were very young, and we'd need to improve as the year goes on to have a shot to repeat our success. What couldn't be anticipated is, we've been completely decimated in our rotation with four injuries to solid starters. Plus, we lost the top 3 pitchers from last yr to grad. Most teams would have no shot with that IR. BUT.....we are getting better now that the young lineup is pretty much set, and the young arms are getting experience. We have a couple of bulldogs in the SR class to lead us on the mound. We will be ready for a good fight with Greenback when the time comes. In the meantime, we cannot look past anyone between now and then. We must win them all to have a shot. Good luck to all this week getting games in. This rain has to stop sometime.

we have Alcoa Friday and Meigs county next week. Then the following week we play gca. Should be some good ball games.