2016-2017 Class AA State Finals

ballinup90

.....and now there's 8! Congrats to all the teams who made it to "Murfreesboro in March"! This is probably the best class in the tournament this year. Here are the 8 teams looking to capture the gold 

Any thoughts or predictions?

East Nashville (defending champs)

Fulton

Gatlinburg-Pittman

Jackson South Side

Macon County

Pearl-Cohn

Upperman (defending runners-up)

Westview 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Side matches up well with Upperman. Defending Akira Levy will be no easy task, but they have athletic guards capable of slowing her down. Also, South Side has to do better offensively. That performance against Liberty won't cut the mustard against the Lady Bees.

Also I think Westview goes down to Gatlinburg-Pittman in round one. Not the same team as last year. Actually worse because Tasia is limited.

Have you seen them play in last 2-3 games? Limited?? She made three girls fall down last night with her moves. She is able to play a full game. If one didn't already know, you can't tell she was out all season recovering from torn ACL. I think Westview by 8

Not sleeping on anyone. I'm pulling for our neighbors to the North--the Westview Lady Chargers. Looking at Gat-Pittman schedule, they are a solid team with a lot of quality opponents. I hope that WV can get it done this year. IMO, WV has the pieces to do it. 2 Bigs, Great Ball Handler, multiple shooters that can nail the 3. They play the best defense in West Tennessee and sometimes it isn't pretty, but it's pretty enough. Some of the issues I've seen with WV is player-personnel rotation or lack thereof. Hopefully after last year's effort against East Nashville and what happened in the 4th quarter, they've figured it out and will get the players on the court which give the best chance to win. If WV rotates properly, let the bigs go get the ball and let your PG control the game...WV should get to the Championship. Nothing against GP, but 5 years in a row for WV is a hard feat to duplicate but their entire team has been on this stage every year of their high school careers. The opposite bracket with East Nashville, Upperman, South Side---that'll be the up and down the court bracket. I think SS matches up good with Upperman and the way they attack the boards and fly down the court. Levy is a great player, but her speed won't be any faster than SS's. SS's big is faster than most guards and she can leap. I'd love to see a WV/SS championship...for this year's Round 2 matchup. If that happens, I'm picking WV.  Go Region 7AA. 

Not sleeping on anyone. I'm pulling for our neighbors to the North--the Westview Lady Chargers. Looking at Gat-Pittman schedule, they are a solid team with a lot of quality opponents. I hope that WV can get it done this year. IMO, WV has the pieces to do it. 2 Bigs, Great Ball Handler, multiple shooters that can nail the 3. They play the best defense in West Tennessee and sometimes it isn't pretty, but it's pretty enough. Some of the issues I've seen with WV is player-personnel rotation or lack thereof. Hopefully after last year's effort against East Nashville and what happened in the 4th quarter, they've figured it out and will get the players on the court which give the best chance to win. If WV rotates properly, let the bigs go get the ball and let your PG control the game...WV should get to the Championship. Nothing against GP, but 5 years in a row for WV is a hard feat to duplicate but their entire team has been on this stage every year of their high school careers. The opposite bracket with East Nashville, Upperman, South Side---that'll be the up and down the court bracket. I think SS matches up good with Upperman and the way they attack the boards and fly down the court. Levy is a great player, but her speed won't be any faster than SS's. SS's big is faster than most guards and she can leap. I'd love to see a WV/SS championship...for this year's Round 2 matchup. If that happens, I'm picking WV. Go Region 7AA.

I think Westview has a chance to make it to the championship as well, but I'm curious on the rotation issues you mentioned? What rotation issues do you claim Westview has? They don't play a whole bunch of kids as it is...