State Tournament A, AA, AAA

PantherTown

Mitchell looks to have a straight shot to the Finals, who is likely to meet them there?

I'm not too familiar with the bottom half of the AA bracket, who is the best team to meet Catholic for the Gold Ball?

Southwind looks to have the highest possibility of getting to the Championship, with likely meeting East/OR... 

Any thoughts?

HH kids come from all over for the purpose of a national schedule. They play for something it's just not a gold ball.

They play to be recruited, its like a more organized AAU program. I can honestly say the same about East, those kids are there to get to the next level and be apart of something special bc they know they are behind a guy that can get them there. 

Catholic to me might be the best but might have the toughest road first Macon county is a solid team and will most likely take that game to the fourth quarter then you most likely have whites creek waiting with a ferocious defense with shooters and a 6'10 post waiting to block and adjust shots in the paint . He had a triple double in the finals of region . The bottom side I would say winner of maplewood and east Hamilton makes it to the finals . Bo Hodges's is playing the most agressive I have ever seen him . Funny someone said before district they thought he was ready to get to ETSU . Guess they were wrong a special player with not much help except on defense . East Hamilton has a nice big and they can really shoot it from deep . Man I hope I can make it to this game . Should be a barn burner

Personally, I don't want to hear any more Oak Ridge vs Memphis East, but that is just me. Oak Ridge has only one opponent to get ready for and that is Brentwood.

What do people in Middle Tennessee think of the Bruins? Are they big, fast, nice smelling? LOL Do they handle the press well? Do they like an up tempo style of play? Is it rue that when the bears attack you should lay down and play dead? When Oak Ridge goes vanilla will they go strawberry?

That is enough foolishness...for now.

Brentwood has some real length on the inside.  Two big posts combined for 39 of their 55 points in the sectional.  They can make foul shots and can work to get an open look.  I'd say they'll try to keep the game in the 50's to have a chance to win.  Honestly, it's a tough matchup for OR.  Bruins have routinely been to the Boro before and won't be overwhelmed at all. Should be a good game.  But for the important questions, they do smell good.  You should turn and run away, and they like to go peanut butter vs. vanilla.

A game that no one has talked about on any thread is Oakland v. Southwind.

Southwind is definitely the more athletic team but Memphis teams typically do not see a lot of zones. Oakland's coach, Troy Bond, is notorious for running zone. He runs a lot of 3-2 against not shooting teams, and a 1-3-1 / 1-2-1-1 trap that has bothered teams. 

They also have a sophomore (maybe junior) guard that has offers from MTSU and a few MTSU- level teams, that can score in bunches.

A game that no one has talked about on any thread is Oakland v. Southwind.

Southwind is definitely the more athletic team but Memphis teams typically do not see a lot of zones. Oakland's coach, Troy Bond, is notorious for running zone. He runs a lot of 3-2 against not shooting teams, and a 1-3-1 / 1-2-1-1 trap that has bothered teams. 

They also have a sophomore (maybe junior) guard that has offers from MTSU and a few MTSU- level teams, that can score in bunches.

Freeman will break the press and he along with Marshall and Williams can shoot you out of a zone. If they were in fighting distance of the East press with the D1 size that team has, the Oakland press/zone shouldnt phase them. The only thing about Southwind is you never know which team will show up. 

Edited by TonyG

That's good to know. I'm not too knowledgeable of Memphis teams this year other than East. I know Oakland is one of the lesser teams in the tournament -- I just know how Coach Bond played at Wilson Central before taking the job at Oakland.

Winner of this game should make it to the Finals, Indy nor Bearden should be able to play with either of these teams