Harriman plays Mitchell in round one of the Class A State Tournament

It's a lot more fun to get a first round win, then play a Mitchell team....BUT Mitchell can be a Lil dry in the first round giving you a good shot at a W...If Mitchell makes 2nd round, the band and dancers will show up and they step up to a totally different level.

Let me know how you like the MM band and dancers....It's a SHOW!

I agree with you based on their past showings in the tournament! I'll be sure to let you know what I think because I'm sure that the band will be amazing! I'm looking forward to every aspect of this trip! Just hoping we can make some noise down there!!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you based on their past showings in the tournament! I'll be sure to let you know what I think because I'm sure that the band will be amazing! I'm looking forward to every aspect of this trip! Just hoping we can make some noise down there!!

Good luck .

I hate to come in late and sound like a copycat, but Intense has it nailed. City had a good shot at them in the semis, and went cold. Mitchell has a couple of big, strong kids at post, but aren't polished scorers like they've had in previous years, and their outside shooters are not as good either. Before I get to sounding like Mitchell isn't good, you'd have had to see them for the past three years. Everyone assumes that Mitchell is one of those Memphis "run and gun" teams, but they're not...they'll take it if you give it to them, but they're very patient if they have to be to get a good shot. If Harriman can sustain defensive position without breaking down for long periods, and hit their three point attempts, they have a shot. Mitchell gave City plenty of open looks from behind the arc, and in the first half when they were hitting them, City built a decent lead. For the past few years I'd have taken Mitchell vs. the field in a heartbeat...this time around, I'd take the field even without Humboldt. Don't know who (or if), but I think that somebody takes them down. 

I'm taking Harriman and the unorthodox style of playground basketball.If any team can matchup with Mitchell I believe it is the Bluedevils.Fast,athletic and can run all night.HHS doesn't play a half court style game but their transition game is outstanding!This is going to be interesting to say the least.Let Mitchell underestimate them and it could get fun!I don't like Harriman very much from some past situations but I'm pulling for the Blue in this one.

If Harriman is the type of team that plays one on one playground basketball that will be the perfect storm for Mitchell. They are disciplined on D and will shut down this kind of offense with ease. Can Harriman play defense? We will soon find out! Sounds like whomever is refereeing this game better be in shape!

This is the year to beat Mitchell. I've seen them play this year and the last three and I assure you this is the year to get them. They are still really good but not at the same level. They will beat you with defense and discipline. Thy are very well coached. They do not have an offensive star like the past but they just make it so hard for you to score.

Humboldt is the beast from the West!

Humboldt isn't better than Mitchell...Middleton really beat if not for the lame lane violation call...Mitchell just plain beat Middleton!!!

If Harriman is the type of team that plays one on one playground basketball that will be the perfect storm for Mitchell. They are disciplined on D and will shut down this kind of offense with ease. Can Harriman play defense? We will soon find out! Sounds like whomever is refereeing this game better be in shape!

GCA is very disciplined and play good D but has a heck of a time with Harriman!

Mitchell over Harriman by 20+

Humbolt over Grace

Loretta over Celina

Oh no he's back from traveling all across the country being an elite ref. Are you sure you're not trying to play Leonardo DiCaprio in "Catch me if you can"? MC weak as water and in the glass house while Upperman are eating cheetos on the couch. You become irrevelant to me on predictions once you uttered this stupidity.

Loretta got sent home when Barack left the White House. Now if you're speaking about Loretto then they have a very slim chance of beating Clay.

Mitchell is unlikely to beat anyone by 20+ this state tourney and GCA can easily pull out a W if they are hot.

Edited by Shozen