Harriman plays Mitchell in round one of the Class A State Tournament

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Harriman, I'm pulling for you guys. I give you guys a hard time but all in good fun. I have alot of respect for Harriman!

It wouldn't be fun if we couldn't go at it with each other!! The both of us have programs that we should be incredibly proud of. Football for y'all and basketball for us. There's nothing better than seeing our small towns get together and get behind these kids and cheer them on! Every time a local team makes it this far it's not just that town that supports them, it's like the surrounding county gets behind them! It's fun to be fierce rivals against each other but supporting each other in the grand scheme says everything about the both of our communities!

Ready for this to play out! It's gonna be a lot of fun. We started getting hot again after that really bad showing against Meigs in the regional semis (props to Meigs, Zy wasn't ready to go home). It sucks having this huge break before the state tournament! If we come out firing on all cylinders for 4 quarters this will be a game nobody wants to miss. If we come out slow and let them build a early lead it will be hard to battle back against this caliber of team. I really feel there are quite a few middle and west Tennessee posters that don't have a clue about the athletes we are bringing to the Boro. GCA fans will tell you this team is no joke as we battled in every single game we've played this year and it came down to last second shots for Harriman in 2 of the 4 and a crazy GCA run in the 4th quarter that went into overtime where they pulled it out in the first one, and we stole the show in the Region Championship. Proud of our guys and what they've accomplished this year. Hopefully we come out hot and wake some of these people sleeping on Harriman.

Edited by bluedevil6913

Ready for this to play out! It's gonna be a lot of fun. We started getting hot again after that really bad showing against Meigs in the regional semis (props to Meigs, Zy wasn't ready to go home). It sucks having this huge break before the state tournament! If we come out firing on all cylinders for 4 quarters this will be a game nobody wants to miss. If we come out slow and let them build a early lead it will be hard to battle back against this caliber of team. I really feel there are quite a few middle and west Tennessee posters that don't have a clue about the athletes we are bringing to the Boro. GCA fans will tell you this team is no joke as we battled in every single game we've played this year and it came down to last second shots for Harriman in 2 of the 4 and a crazy GCA run in the 4th quarter that went into overtime where they pulled it out in the first one, and we stole the show in the Region Championship. Proud of our guys and what they've accomplished this year. Hopefully we come out hot and wake some of these people sleeping on Harriman.

I'm not doubting you guys have some athletes at all but like I said to sportswriter you guys have lost every game to any good team you have played. The only game you guys won was against GCA in your 4th meeting. Name one team who you consistently beat on the level of say Mitchell?

It's easy to have playmakers vs teams like Meigs, Warthburg, etc. I am not saying you're uncapable of beating Mitchell as anything can happen especially in the first round but it's highly unlikely.

I'm not doubting you guys have some athletes at all but like I said to sportswriter you guys have lost every game to any good team you have played. The only game you guys won was against GCA in your 4th meeting. Name one team who you consistently beat on the level of say Mitchell?

It's easy to have playmakers vs teams like Meigs, Warthburg, etc. I am not saying you're uncapable of beating Mitchell as anything can happen especially in the first round but it's highly unlikely.

I'm not gonna disagree with you. It just seemed like there was a curse with Grace the last 4 minutes of those games. Outplay them (mostly) for the first 3 and a half quarters and then whatever could go wrong did the last 4 minutes of those games. The top 3 teams in this district would run with any other top 3 teams in every class A district not named Memphis. The fact of the matter is Mitchell's don't grow on trees around here. I would have loved to see where we matched up to a team of that caliber before this matchup. Those caliber teams are the AAA schools with heavy tradition around here who just don't schedule small A schools because they're too busy playing bigger and better schools prepping themselves for their own region championships and state tournament runs. We don't have the money in our schools to go out of state and play the big time flashy tournaments like the storied programs do because these runs are usually once a decade for us maybe twice. If we were able to produce teams like the one we have this year I'm sure we would play the big Christmas tournaments to play better competition. But we don't, and that's part of the reason the school board has approved to consolidate all of the county schools into one mega school (pending funding approval from the county commission). This is the reason we need to make some noise in this tournament and show the school board we can be just fine as our own schools. We're fighting for something more.

Clay County knows all to well about consolidation. If the school board approves it then pretty much it's usually a done deal per TN TCA. They fought it tooth and nail but in the end it happend.

County commission will just be a formality to get the funding to build. I can't say it's been a bad thing for Clay but could see where people don't want to leave their school.

Best of luck to you guys on Thursday as I would like to see someone besides Mitchell take home a gold ball.

Clay County knows all to well about consolidation. If the school board approves it then pretty much it's usually a done deal per TN TCA. They fought it tooth and nail but in the end it happend.

County commission will just be a formality to get the funding to build. I can't say it's been a bad thing for Clay but could see where people don't want to leave their school.

Best of luck to you guys on Thursday as I would like to see someone besides Mitchell take home a gold ball.

Thanks! I really hope it doesn't.. with the numbers all 5 Roane County schools posted for this years classifications we would be the 6th largest school in the state. I don't like the sound of that...

Harriman has this annoying knack for taking crappy first shots on possesions but rebounding the crappy and getting a ton of putbacks. What happen to GCA in the region was the put backs and the jumpers where falling in. Mitchell should look out. Harriman is not a team you want to let get a fast start. GCA lost our region game to them by giving up 41 points in the first half.

My advice to mitchell is rebound well and get up early. You wont rattle pace or mcclain. Harrimans not been a great free throw shooting team the games I have seen and that can hurt you bad at state. I am really looking forward to watching our district mates. Pulling for Harriman! ðŸ‘ðŸ¼ðŸ€