Brentwood/Oak Ridge 1st round AAA State Tournament

SweetScience

Dude you make some of the dumbest posts. OR don't have two 4 star and a 5 star recruit like Moss, Lomax, and Chandler Lawson. Memphis East is ranked 3rd in the nation for a reason.

If you mean they play more sports then yeah maybe but from a Basketball standpoint which is what we are speaking about then OR has no where near the overall talent.

I have seen East play several times. I have seen Oak Ridge Play Several Times.Oak Ridge has Better Athletes

Interesting Note: I talked to Coach King earlier today and he said Brentwood never played Oak Ridge in his 30 years at the school.

In other words: this game could very well be the first time Brentwood has played Oak Ridge in basketball ever.

I think that would be correct. I don't recall us ever playing in football or basketball.

This guy loves to stir the pot. He doesn't have any affiliation with Oak Ridge. Please do not judge Oak Ridgers by this guy

I have no affiliation with OR or Memphis East, but I did stay at the Holiday Inn Express Last Night.

Seen both Multiple Times, Oak Ridge has the Better Kids, if Oak Ridge Team was from Memphis everybody would say that they are the best team since Coach Pitinos White Station Team that Produced 5 D1 Players. That's the Real Skinny. In Tennessee you have West Biase in Hoops & East Biase in Football. If they play it will be a Good Game, but as far as Athletes I say Oak Ridge Has Better Athletes.

I have no affiliation with OR or Memphis East, but I did stay at the Holiday Inn Express Last Night.

Seen both Multiple Times, Oak Ridge has the Better Kids, if Oak Ridge Team was from Memphis everybody would say that they are the best team since Coach Pitinos White Station Team that Produced 5 D1 Players. That's the Real Skinny. In Tennessee you have West Biase in Hoops & East Biase in Football. If they play it will be a Good Game, but as far as Athletes I say Oak Ridge Has Better Athletes.

If OR was from Memphis with this same team, they would still be listed under East.  OR is probably a really good team.  If they knew about the caliber of players that they were going to have this year, why not schedule more tougher games so they would be better prepared for the state tournament.  I compare OR to that Knoxville Bearden team a few years back when many of posters stated they were the best team in Tn period.  OR is a good team but they haven't been battled tested like Memphis East has all season with their schedule.  If OR plays an uptempo game without slowing the ball down, they will lose by at least 10 or more points.  You will not beat East with a run and gun style of play.  Memphis teams play like this night after night with better competition that any other team in the state.  If OR beat Brentwood, then it will be a game to see because of all the hype.  Don't overlook Brentwood because they could be the team that knocks OR out.  They are the typical team that will play totally opposite of what OR is looking for with precision.  

Edited by Icy

If they are the best team, why aren't they nationally ranked?  I compare OR to that Knoxville Bearden team a few year back when many of posters stated they were the best team in Tn period.  OR is a good team but they haven't been battled tested like Memphis East has all season with their schedule.  If OR plays an uptempo game without slowing the ball down, they will lose by at least 10 or more points.  You will not beat East with a run and gun style of play.  Memphis teams play like this night after night with better competition that any other team in the state.  If OR beat Brentwood, then it will be a game to see because of all the hype.  Don't overlook Brentwood because they could be the team that knocks OR out.  They are the typical team that will play totally opposite of what OR is looking for with precision.  

Most of that chatter was created when Bearden played Oak Hill Academy to 10 points in January that season.  Interestingly, that Bearden team played Oak Ridge in the region with the Wildcats playing a "freeze / slow down" game where Bearden won 29-14.  And I agree with you about Brentwood this year.

If OR was from Memphis with this same team, they would still be listed under East.  OR is probably a really good team.  If they knew about the caliber of players that they were going to have this year, why not schedule more tougher games so they would be better prepared for the state tournament.  I compare OR to that Knoxville Bearden team a few years back when many of posters stated they were the best team in Tn period.  OR is a good team but they haven't been battled tested like Memphis East has all season with their schedule.  If OR plays an uptempo game without slowing the ball down, they will lose by at least 10 or more points.  You will not beat East with a run and gun style of play.  Memphis teams play like this night after night with better competition that any other team in the state.  If OR beat Brentwood, then it will be a game to see because of all the hype.  Don't overlook Brentwood because they could be the team that knocks OR out.  They are the typical team that will play totally opposite of what OR is looking for with precision.  

As far as I know not one OR fan and I'm sure the players and coaches have been overlooking Brentwood. Anyone who has said anything about us beating Brentwood has been from outside sources not OR fans. Yeah, we may have one or two predict a win, but that's personal bias if anything. We are solely focused on Brentwood. I'm not even listening to the East/OR hype. 

Edited by SweetScience

I think OR has played a pretty strong schedule. They went on the road and beat Blackman who incidentally eliminated heavily favored Memphis Hamilton a few years ago in the same year that OR knocked out West TN team Arlington plus OR played in the Arby's Classic against strong competition.

I know OR won't overlook Brentwood. Assuming OR and East advance, it won't be a disgrace at all if OR doesn't beat East. After all, I don't think anybody else in Memphis beat East, either.