Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Macon County vs Knox Catholic Class AA State Tournament

• Please log in to reply
    76 replies to this topic

#1 MCFAN3

MCFAN3

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 35 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Thoughts? Thinking this will be the game to watch first round.

Edited by MCFAN3, 3 weeks ago.

#2 Shozen

Shozen

Competitor

• Members
    • 489 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Macon County is going to give any team all they want in the first round. However I feel since MC doesn't have a complete stud scorer to match Luke Smith then he might be to much to handle as he is a true scorer surrounded by a good team. I will say Knox Catholic will win in the end but I will be pulling for MC!

Edited by Shozen, 3 weeks ago.

#3 PrinceOfHillsdale633

PrinceOfHillsdale633

Trainer

• Members
    • 165 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Tigers by 10.

#4 QSouth89

QSouth89

Record Holder

• Members
    • 3,372 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Macon County is going to give any team all they want in the first round. However I feel since MC doesn't have a complete stud scorer to match Luke Smith then he might be to much to handle as he is a true scorer surrounded by a good team. I will say Knox Catholic will win in the end but I will be pulling for MC!

Catholic is very unselfish, as a team, they have close to 500 assist. People look at Smith's scoring but he averages 7 assist a game. Team averages around 72 ppg and gives up 48 ppg. I really don't know anything about Macon, to make an early prediction wouldn't be possible. To get here they must be a very talented team. Good luck next week to all teams.

Edited by QSouth89, 3 weeks ago.

#5 UpperCumberlandMan

UpperCumberlandMan

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 6,407 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Macon has three aspects of thier game. First, the have 3 big kids down low. Not the tallest type kids but thick wide body football build types. They all three roate in and out and rebound well and score when needed. Secondly, they have guards that can shoot the three. About four kids play gaurd and they can all shoot it well from 3 point range. Third is the Carlisle kid. Very good athlete, strong gritty kid that can run and jump and battle with the best of him. If Macon is hot from outside, they are very dangerous. If not, they are very average.

#6 QSouth89

QSouth89

Record Holder

• Members
    • 3,372 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Macon has three aspects of thier game. First, the have 3 big kids down low. Not the tallest type kids but thick wide body football build types. They all three roate in and out and rebound well and score when needed. Secondly, they have guards that can shoot the three. About four kids play gaurd and they can all shoot it well from 3 point range. Third is the Carlisle kid. Very good athlete, strong gritty kid that can run and jump and battle with the best of him. If Macon is hot from outside, they are very dangerous. If not, they are very average.

Most of the kids for catholic play football. A couple of them have already signed football scholarships. Should be a very intriguing match up.

Edited by QSouth89, 3 weeks ago.

#7 MCFAN3

MCFAN3

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 35 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Macon has a great inside game and can shoot the three really good when hot. Ashburn and Carlisle are overall the best players. If they're hot, including Welch, I think Macon will win by 8.

#8 Shozen

Shozen

Competitor

• Members
    • 489 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's going to take Macon's game vs Tyner x2. Especially if Luke is on fire. I wouldn't be surprised if MC won just think Knox Catholic is the overall better team. Wish MC the best of luck!

I actually hope MC wins it all since the ESPN Basketball Analyst Hyperquick called them weak as water.

Edited by Shozen, 2 weeks ago.

#9 QSouth89

QSouth89

Record Holder

• Members
    • 3,372 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's going to take Macon's game vs Tyner x2. Especially if Luke is on fire. I wouldn't be surprised if MC won just think Knox Catholic is the overall better team. Wish MC the best of luck!

I actually hope MC wins it all since the ESPN Basketball Analyst Hyperquick called them weak as water.

Hyperquick called them weak? Macon looks pretty strong to me.  They won 29 games and made it to state that is far from weak.

Edited by QSouth89, 2 weeks ago.

#10 QSouth89

QSouth89

Record Holder

• Members
    • 3,372 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Macon has a great inside game and can shoot the three really good when hot. Ashburn and Carlisle are overall the best players. If they're hot, including Welch, I think Macon will win by 8.

Catholic has played a few teams with a good inside game this season. Sevier County, McCallie and Knoxville Christian (for people that may not know, Knoxville Christian has two post players that are 6'10 and 6'8.  Both being recruited by NCAA division 1 schools) Should be an interesting game between two really good teams.  I hope Jancek, Scott, and Anderson can rise to the challenge defensively of guarding their post players.

Edited by QSouth89, 2 weeks ago.

Spirit Style Chooser: