Charlie Morgan resigns at Dobyns Bennett

stockton4182

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If DB comes after Coach Good, you can probably say goodbye to him at Crockett. Sweet Science is right; last year was an aberration. The Science Hill transfers have stopped. They may still get a player here or there but the best players are staying at Science Hill now. You won't see any of those guys transfer. DB is a step up for him and he would be a fool not to take it if offered. He's not going to get a better offer. Science Hill is his alma mater but the chance of him ever getting the HC gig there is slim. DB is the next best job. I'd be willing to bet that he'll be in Kingsport next season.

Edited by WBNC83

Ok.....Now that we got that out of the way. If the AD and school board says their starting the search for a new head coach and that will be a search state wide and maybe even nation wide, why does anybody think Good is in the running? He's a good guy and all but hasn't proved he can take a team to the promised land. Looks like to me his son is the one that put him on the map. Don't take me wrong, I think he a slightly above average coach but that's local. On a state level I don't see anything to be impressed with. I would hope with the tradition DB has that they would go after bigger name. But then again I have "ZERO" faith in the school board to make the right hire. They haven't made a decent hire in 20 years.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

WaCo, come on. DB threads never stay on topic. Just look at their football threads. The DB fans always sidetrack their football threads. So don't come in here complaining. Fact is, not a single DB fan was contributing to this thread. Edited because I just saw your last post. Well, here we go. Let's start moving this topic along.

Edited by WBNC83

WaCo, come on. DB threads never stay on topic. Just look at their football threads. The DB fans always sidetrack their football threads. So don't come in here complaining. Fact is, not a single DB fan was contributing to this thread. Edited because I just saw your last post. Well, here we go. Let's start moving this topic along.

Hey I know, and wasn't complaining. Just stating a fact. I think all the DB fans have given up on basketball and football. Maybe if they make a good hire it will get people interested again. We'll see.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

WaCo, 

Did you have a bad bag of popcorn from Wallace's News Stand? You have incredible negativity about DB sports. Even in Kingsport, where high school sports are incredibly important, your brand of onions and garlic is venomous and toxic. You have been carping about the basketball coach, who has now resigned, and now you are expecting a bad hire because "[t]hey haven't made a decent hire in 20 years." Take a step back and see all that is good about DB sports: great facilities, loyal (mostly) fans, longstanding rivalries, historic teams, iconic coaches and a long list of accomplished players. Patience is never a hallmark of DB supporters, but now there is a chance to change the paradigm in basketball. Could be an opportunity to find the next Van Huss. Has anybody made a trip to Carter County yet? That was the cradle of good coaches back in the day.