Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

2017 Rivalry Thursday Schedule(so far)

• Please log in to reply
    13 replies to this topic

#1 TheOgre78

TheOgre78

Trainer

• Members
    • 201 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

8/17  - Anderson County @ Carter

8/19  - Bearden @ West

8/24  - Mo East @ Jefferson County

8/31  - Mo West @ Farragut

9/7    - Bearden @ South-Doyle

9/14  - South-Doyle @ Sevier County

via RT's Twitter page.

#2 HurlyGurlyMan

HurlyGurlyMan

Manager

• Members
    • 29 posts

Posted A week ago

Why does BHS have two games? When was the last time BHS won a TV game? They lost twice last year! Wher is Central, Fulton, Maryville, Alcoa, A-E, Webb, Catholic, Halls, Gibbs, Oak Ridge, Greenback, GCA, Harriman,Greeneville, G-P, or better yet HVA that had their best season ever and has not lost to BHS since 2012. Is BHS big money paying to play on TV to get that QB and Condredge Holloway's son on TV? They better find some defense, a running game, an offensive line, and some game management skills or it will be 0 and 2 in 2017 on TV.

I might be wrong about the date but, 8/19 is a Saturday? Why play West on Saturday? So more people can see you get beat?

#3 orngnblk

orngnblk

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 8,958 posts

Posted A week ago

Why does BHS have two games? When was the last time BHS won a TV game? They lost twice last year! Wher is Central, Fulton, Maryville, Alcoa, A-E, Webb, Catholic, Halls, Gibbs, Oak Ridge, Greenback, GCA, Harriman,Greeneville, G-P, or better yet HVA that had their best season ever and has not lost to BHS since 2012. Is BHS big money paying to play on TV to get that QB and Condredge Holloway's son on TV? They better find some defense, a running game, an offensive line, and some game management skills or it will be 0 and 2 in 2017 on TV.

I might be wrong about the date but, 8/19 is a Saturday? Why play West on Saturday? So more people can see you get beat?

Hate to say it but Coalfield returns practically the WHOLE team and has one of the best QBs in the state.Their game with GB is always a humdinger!!

#4 TheOgre78

TheOgre78

Trainer

• Members
    • 201 posts

Posted A week ago

Why does BHS have two games? When was the last time BHS won a TV game? They lost twice last year! Wher is Central, Fulton, Maryville, Alcoa, A-E, Webb, Catholic, Halls, Gibbs, Oak Ridge, Greenback, GCA, Harriman,Greeneville, G-P, or better yet HVA that had their best season ever and has not lost to BHS since 2012. Is BHS big money paying to play on TV to get that QB and Condredge Holloway's son on TV? They better find some defense, a running game, an offensive line, and some game management skills or it will be 0 and 2 in 2017 on TV.

Yep Bearden @ West is on a Saturday at 7pm. They Play Cleveland the following Friday. West has a game the following Friday as well @ Hardin Valley. Truthfully I do not know why they are filling the schedule so early. :sad:

Hate to say it but Coalfield returns practically the WHOLE team and has one of the best QBs in the state.Their game with GB is always a humdinger!!

I thought about that too. Didn't want to say anything here or especially to them, them as in "MP" he can be a little rude from my personal experience(terrible contest foul ups, lol). When is the Coalfield vs GB game?

Edited by TheOgre78, A week ago.

#5 mountaineer

mountaineer

Trainer

• Members
    • 130 posts

Posted A week ago

Sept. 8 William Blount at Heritage 

This would be a great game for TV. 

#6 orngnblk

orngnblk

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 8,958 posts

Posted A week ago

Sept. 8 William Blount at Heritage

This would be a great game for TV.

I'm not so sure.A 3 win team wouldn't draw much attention.

#7 TheOgre78

TheOgre78

Trainer

• Members
    • 201 posts

Posted A week ago

Who else returns a good amount of starters this year? 1A, 2A & etc in East TN. Who should we be watching out for to make a run this year?

I know Scott and believe Oneida lost a lot of players at the skill positions.

#8 orngnblk

orngnblk

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 8,958 posts

Posted A week ago

Who else returns a good amount of starters this year? 1A, 2A & etc in East TN. Who should we be watching out for to make a run this year?

I know Scott and believe Oneida lost a lot of players at the skill positions.

Coalfield is the "Greenback" this year.Returns almost the whole team.GB will be good but hard to fill two Mr football finalists.Pitt will be very good again as usual,other than Coalfield being a lock no one else in the East is loaded.

#9 TheOgre78

TheOgre78

Trainer

• Members
    • 201 posts

Posted A week ago

Coalfield is the "Greenback" this year.Returns almost the whole team.GB will be good but hard to fill two Mr football finalists.Pitt will be very good again as usual,other than Coalfield being a lock no one else in the East is loaded.

Yeah Coalfield imho should(!) be shown on TV. I'll message MP on Twitter and see what he says. :wink: I was reading a thread in 1A-2A and saw Crow's comment that Oneida lost 14-22 starters. The local radio station started showing live broadcasts on their website from their cable station, maybe they'll show some of Oneida/Scott's games on there. Haven't seen a Prep Xtra schedule yet, but like I said IDK why RT is filling the schedule so early + showing the same teams so much, no offense(pun intended) to their fans. I'd just like to see a variety of teams I do not see that often on TV, seems only the larger schools are getting looked at for TV time. :-|

Edited by TheOgre78, A week ago.

#10 TheOgre78

TheOgre78

Trainer

• Members
    • 201 posts

Posted A week ago

Added -Sept. 21st to RT, Rockwood at Harriman

9/28: Rhea County at Catholic

8/17  - Anderson County @ Carter

8/19  - Bearden @ West

8/24  - Mo East @ Jefferson County