Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Congratulations RIVERDALE!

• Please log in to reply
    8 replies to this topic

#1 Lost Old Dad

Lost Old Dad

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 5,834 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

Ladies Thank You for a very pleasant year to watch.

Now for the unbelievers.........UNDEFEATED State Champions!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 GCPioneer

GCPioneer

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 9,246 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:53 PM

... and National champions for USA Today and unapproved website...

Congrats to that group... one of the best high school teams to ever come through Tennessee!
    Gibson Co. Pioneers
    2009 and 2010 AA Girls Basketball State Champs, 2016 Single A State Runner-Up
    2009 record - 35-0, 2010 record - 35-1, 2016 record - 37-1

#3 Indian

Indian

Hall of Famer

• CoachT+
    • 14,884 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:23 PM

Not sure who was an unbeliever except hopefully their on-the-court opponents.

#4 wingman10

wingman10

God Bless America!

• Members
    • 37,831 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

unbelievers?

#5 Lost Old Dad

Lost Old Dad

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 5,834 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

unbelievers?

Yep, those Bradley folks, and others that couldn't even get past Stewarts Creek.

I refused to say anything before, because I am a firm believer in BEAT them first, then talk.

Congratulations Anastasia of being named Gatorade Player of the Year and to Coach for being named Coach of the year. Both awards a VERY WELL deserved.

#6 anotherback

anotherback

Champion

• Members
    • 2,288 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

Yep, those Bradley folks, and others that couldn't even get past Stewarts Creek.

I refused to say anything before, because I am a firm believer in BEAT them first, then talk.

Congratulations Anastasia of being named Gatorade Player of the Year and to Coach for being named Coach of the year. Both awards a VERY WELL deserved.

Congrats. However only one Bradley "folks" was being absolutely a whatever he is. The rest thought they had a chance to beat Stewart's Creek. Several thought they could of given Riverdale a better game not so much myself as I've stated from game one I saw them. Um not a Bradley fan persay but I support all our local kids just not some of the adults for lack of a better word. If you look at the substate game the missed free throws alone Bradley could of won. Could of not should of. That said I thought and think that this years version of Riverdale is one of if not the best team I've ever seen in TN. Memphis Central gave them a great game but all it did was elevate the play of MS Basketball. She's a special talent. And I thought they looked pretty composed even when they briefly lost the lead. Great game and a great way to end the season. Enjoy the championship.

#7 riverdaleman

riverdaleman

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 5,850 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

It was a fun year watching these ladies. Only in one game did I hear any opponent not appreciate our girls  It was more funny than insulting.  Lawrence County fans chanted overrated  when down by 30. What a great season with some special players to watch. I am very blessed as a Riverdale fan to see the players we have had come through the past 10years now.

GO RIVERDALE WARRIORS

#8 kwc

kwc

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 6,534 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:42 AM

Memphis East boys basketball team just recently were denied the opportunity to play in the post season Dick's Invitational Tournament. That means that Rverdale won't be able to participate either. 

It would have been nice to have a girls team and a boys team from the state of Tennessee participating in this prestigious tournament. It would have been even better if both had participated and won the darn thing!

We will never know now.

Oh well, thought i'd let you guys know.

kwc
    2016 Class 6A State Champions, 2015 Class 6A Semi-finalist, 2014 Class 6A Semi-finalist2013 Class 6A Quarter-finalist, 2012 Class 6A State Champions, 2011 Class 6A State Runner-up, 2010 Class 6A Semi-finalist, 2009 Class 6A Quarterfinalist

#9 GoPats2019

GoPats2019

Trainer

• Members
    • 212 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

The TSSAA is crap. I remember Sonny Gray being denied the opportunity to play in an elite event because of the TSSAA. 

Memphis East and Riverdale are being cheated. 

Spirit Style Chooser: