Clay Co. vs Harriman Single A State Championship

Shozen

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pulling for Clay County and congratulations on a great season, nearly winning it all and to Tyreke Key on an amazing tournament! But, I can't understand why when you have maybe the best player in the state, one who was setting records throughout the tournament, why would you let a player who had several turnovers go in for a shot with time running out and get a charge...instead of having Key shoot? Why would you bring someone off the bench to shoot a three when you have Key??? The last two minutes should have been all Tyreke Key.

Something similar happened 2 years ago in the last minute. I was there hoping to see Clay county win...7A fans should always support our 7A  teams when they make the state. The game against Knoxville Grace was tied with a minute to go. Clay County let Grace run the clock down to a couple of seconds and they hit a basket at the buzzer. I expected Clay County to foul to get the ball back and have the ball with the last chance to score.

Congratulations to a great Harriman team who pulled it out but I think Clay County let the championship slip away.