Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Travels & Charges

• Please log in to reply
    3 replies to this topic

#1 CASC95

CASC95

Trainer

• Members
    • 214 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

I have been at the State Tournament all week and I can't help notice all of the travel and charge calls. I would say that 60% of those calls should not been made. Has anyone else noticed this?

#2 BballLover865

BballLover865

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 54 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:44 PM

Yeeeeessssss!!!! I made a post about this as well. Apparently this decision was handed down from the T$$AA head of officials, was told this directly by a former official who has worked the state tourney, & championship Saturday we won't see these calls as much. It's effected every single game. It's been beyond frustrating to watch.

#3 CASC95

CASC95

Trainer

• Members
    • 214 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

I should have searched before I started a new thread. However, I'm not saying this to be mean, but sometimes I wander if the game is to fast for some officials, especially the travelling calls.  How many times do they call traveling as the player is about to make a move to the basket from either side of the wings. The charges have been crazy. It appears that a player only has to graze the defender as they are going to their side to be called. It has been frustrating to watch.

#4 BballLover865

BballLover865

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 54 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

I agree with the speed. Refs from East TN are 1000% not use to the speed of a Memphis East and such. But this has been infuriating to watch. They have made sure to become part of the equation of the outcome of the games. And I have no affiliation with any school either.

Spirit Style Chooser: