Condolences to Coalfield

orngnblk

You all lost a good man in Coach Kries.He was a good coach and a great competitor. My prayers go out to his family and the Coalfield football family!

onb I remember Gary Kreis as a player at UT in the late 60's and a childhood hero....He had great hands and ran precise routes and started at SE on Doug Dickey's Vols for 2 years I believe...Thoughts and prayers to the family and the good people in Coalfield and Oliver Springs.....

Edited by STARSNBARS

onb I remember Gary Kreis as a player at UT in the late 60's and a childhood hero....He had great hands and ran precise routes and started at SE on Doug Dickey's Vols for 2 years I believe...Thoughts and prayers to the family and the good people in Coalfield and Oliver Springs.....

Never saw him play but have heard tons of stories.I did play against him 4 times,2 times in 1987 on our way to the championship and man did he want to beat us!!LOL.I am good friends with some players from that team and they said he wanted that second playoff game real bad!Good memories from one of the great coaches we are slowly losing! Edited by orngnblk

In remembrance of the ole ball coach I figured I'd throw his stats out there. Gary's regular season win/loss record was 147-61 (70.7%) and playoff record was 18-18 (50%) for an overall record of 165-79 (67.6%). Also he made the playoffs 18 out of the 21 years he coached (85.7%).