Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

TREZEVANT WHITE TO MELROSE

• Please log in to reply
    5 replies to this topic

#1 BARTLETTHSGRAD04

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,102 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

TREZEVANT COACH TELI WHITE REPLACES COACH CHESTER FORD AT MELROSE. COACH FORD IS NOW A ASSISTANT COACH AT BARTLETT. I THINK BARTLETT WILL BE A GOOD PLACE FOR COACH FORD. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD GREAT TALKS WITH COACH WHITE I WISH HIM GOOD LUCK AT MELROSE.

#2 BlackHavenSenator

BlackHavenSenator

Record Holder

• Members
    • 3,819 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

THIS IS BIG FOR MELROSE

Edited by BlackHavenSenator, 4 weeks ago.

I BLEED BLACK AND GOLD... Former Player, Coach, but ALWAYS The Senator 2012, 2016 6A STATE CHAMPIONS... RESPECT DA HAVEN

#3 DwightKSchrute

DwightKSchrute

Contender

• Members
    • 801 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

Uh oh, the mound is about to be back.

West Carroll War Eagles.     www.facebook.com/WCFOOTBALL

#4 kwc

kwc

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 6,502 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

Teli White leaving state football champ Trezevant to coach Melrose

John Varlas , USA TODAY NETWORK – Tennessee Published 9:33 p.m. CT March 28, 2017 | Updated 21 hours ago

Arguably the most successful football coach in Shelby County is joining forces with one of the area's tradition-rich programs.

Teli White — who guided Trezevant to Class 2A state championships in 2015 and 2016 — confirmed to The Commercial Appeal Tuesday that he will coach Melrose next season. White will replace Chester Ford, who led the Golden Wildcats to a 10-12 record in two seasons. Melrose finished 3-7 last year and missed the 3A playoffs.

"I'm excited about joining the Melrose staff next year and adding to their legacy of athletic excellence," White said.

Trezevant made history in December when it defeated Marion County 42-20 in the state title game to become the first SCIAA school to win back-to-back football championships. The result was a satisfying end to what was a times a tumultuous 10-5 season.

The Bears were forced to forfeit early season victories over KIPP and Martin Luther King Prep as well as a Sept. 29 game against MAHS while the school was investigated for alleged grade discrepancies involving football players. The football program was eventually cleared and allowed to resume its season while White served a five-day suspension.

In addition to winning two titles in 2A, White led the Bears to 4A championship game appearances in 2010 and 2014. He has a 91-38 record in 10 seasons.

Edited by kwc, 4 weeks ago.

kwc
    2016 Class 6A State Champions, 2015 Class 6A Semi-finalist, 2014 Class 6A Semi-finalist2013 Class 6A Quarter-finalist, 2012 Class 6A State Champions, 2011 Class 6A State Runner-up, 2010 Class 6A Semi-finalist, 2009 Class 6A Quarterfinalist

#5 Booger

Booger

Record Holder

• CoachT+
    • 4,284 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

like nobody couldnt see this comin.....and to think shelby county officials made him mad

Booger just sayin :popcorneater:

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and passed on to them to do the same. 40th President of the United States

#6 BlackHavenSenator

BlackHavenSenator

Record Holder

• Members
    • 3,819 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

The thing that is crazy is he'll have more Size and Talent from Orange Mound than he had in North Memphis. I sure hope some of those Borderline White Station guys will STAY with Melrose now LOL 

I BLEED BLACK AND GOLD... Former Player, Coach, but ALWAYS The Senator 2012, 2016 6A STATE CHAMPIONS... RESPECT DA HAVEN

Spirit Style Chooser: