Harriman gets Snubbed

Swipes

D1 matters! D1 only matters if you are truly good enough or think youre good enough to go pro. I agree with the post about a free college education, degree and no debt is what matters. I played D2 ball and was very successful and wasnt expecting to go pro and had the opportunity to play overseas and chose not to. I guess everybody looks at the picture differently. I know a couple kids in the all star game in Cookeville that havent signed, wont sign, signed D2 and signed JUCO so that statement I know is false. I only saw the Harriman kids in the state tournament and a couple could possibly have been all state. The kid from Grace IMO should have been. But who am I!?

As Arnolds dad I appreciate the support. All I am going to say is connor was all state as a sophomore and junior and his numbers this year were better than those two years. The problem is these are scoring awards and on GCA we had 5 guys average double figures. Good luck next year seeing that happen at GCA without a 6-8 inside outside shooter there to help. Those two sophomores at GCA should be very appreciative. They benefited greatly from having him. In fact go watch the Humbodlt game from state, Ledford had like 6 walk in layups in half court cause Arnold was getting double and trippled at times. Call Hanptons Coach and ask him if he thinks Connor is deserving or oakdales and wartburgs. Heck even Coalfields coach that just left. Connor has the respect of his opponents and that matters the most.

The biggest thing to me is the disappointment that sports writers are just that .....writers....Connor was Andre Whiteheads Region player of the year and that means more to us than some sportwriter in nashville or memphis who never saw him play more than once and probably never even called other coaches and teams to ask about a kid. Andre is committed he travels he watches and he is honest. He cares and if he sees it a certain way, then I respect that because I respecr him.

Being able to vote in that is a privledge and if I was a sports writer I would do some dillegence before I voted. Congrats to the kids that made it. I am sure all are deserving but slim took his team farther and longer than most on the lis, all while sharing the ball as an unselfish kid with some good players on his team. He made them better that cannot be argued.

Life goes on.....I can tell you this, many D1 colleges are full of manipulators and liars. The whole thing is frustrating. No courage, no honor, and sheep herd mentality. Thats why 76% transfer after year 1. The system is a failure to the kids. Some coaches in D1 and D2 have been very supportive and encouraging and truthful, and we appreciate those. A larger majority though have been unprofessional and made the experiance challenging at times.

Connor will go somewhere, not worried about that. Just gotta walk in faith that when he gets there he makes it a better place than before he arrived. That is what matters.

Some of us writers do our due diligence and do it the right way 😉. You already know how I feel about Connor and there's not a doubt in my mind he along with about 3 others between our two teams should be on that list! I have to admit that it doesn't bother as much though as I can take a five minute drive down the road and look at a GOLD BALL!!! I still wish it would've been a GCA vs Harriman final, but I definitely can't complain about the way it all played out. It's most certainly been a ride to remember for a lifetime!!

I'm pretty sure your guys will take that state championship any over some individual awards that done mean anything In the big picture Individual awards are other peoples opinion state championship is EARNED

Unless he's a brand new member I don't believe he's from Harriman as I've never saw him on our threads. Make no mistake, we're more than happy to have that Gold Ball as opposed to any individual awards!!
  • Upvote 1