Chattanooga Christian allowed to play down in classification

DCBoysfan

Most everything we do is met with skepticism. I do question others skepticism because I personally know the administration here so I have a better view of things from the inside out. I wouldn't work with someone who I didn't trust or believe in.

I guess I will take my role as "acting above reproach" with some pride. ;)

Feel free to question what we do, or get a chuckle out of it. It is always good to get a laugh out of situations.

At least there is some spice to the boards on this. It was getting rather bland recently.

Come on G. You do not have to reply but some of the skepticism is valid while other parts are not. I get that you are being a good company man but let's just not go further down this rabit hole. You know for certain I have many friends with children at your school and even they don't see it as you are portraying it. Great school with great people IMO.

Come on G. You do not have to reply but some of the skepticism is valid while other parts are not. I get that you are being a good company man but let's just not go further down this rabit hole. You know for certain I have many friends with children at your school and even they don't see it as you are portraying it. Great school with great people IMO.

A good company man. How insulting. Man I read your comments on here all the time and I come away with two things. You apparently know everyone important there is to know when it comes to soccer and schools. Or at least you believe you do. And your patronizing, dismissive attitude is tiresome. How many state titles have you won as a coach? How many state cups have you won as a coach? How many SRPL-BlahBlahClubSoccer titles have you won as a coach? What have you actually done as a coach? How about as a player? You got that part covered at all? Probably not. You come on here and show disrespect to probably the most successful high school soccer coach in the state of Tennessee over the last 15 years. This is a guy who far beyond all of the wins influences kids in a very meaningful way and provides guidance and care at a level most could only dream of. When he isn't teaching and coaching at his school he is putting major time and effort into organizing mission trips to Brazil in the summers to share faith and the beautiful game. In a word, he is selfless. And you call him a company man. WTH? And you really think you know his school better than he does?

A good company man. How insulting. Man I read your comments on here all the time and I come away with two things. You apparently know everyone important there is to know when it comes to soccer and schools. Or at least you believe you do. And your patronizing, dismissive attitude is tiresome. How many state titles have you won as a coach? How many state cups have you won as a coach? How many SRPL-BlahBlahClubSoccer titles have you won as a coach? What have you actually done as a coach? How about as a player? You got that part covered at all? Probably not. You come on here and show disrespect to probably the most successful high school soccer coach in the state of Tennessee over the last 15 years. This is a guy who far beyond all of the wins influences kids in a very meaningful way and provides guidance and care at a level most could only dream of. When he isn't teaching and coaching at his school he is putting major time and effort into organizing mission trips to Brazil in the summers to share faith and the beautiful game. In a word, he is selfless. And you call him a company man. WTH? And you really think you know his school better than he does?

Are you serious? It was a conversation that Coach G gave an opinion based on his experience and behind the scenes knowledge. Saying he's a company man wasn't patronizing at all because that's exactly what he was doing. I have great respect for Coach G and have said it many times on here. My history of doing so is well documented. I seriously doubt CoachG took my playful jab as being disrespectful. If he did I'd like to think he'd call me as I'm not hard to reach. There are 20 people at CPA that could give him my number.

Your hypersensitivity to what you perceive as being disrespectful is your issue not mine. I think G is a great guy based on my limited interaction around him and what my realtive and good friends say about him.

By the way I do know several folks in the college and HS ranks because of soccer. Sorry that upsets you that I discuss it on this forum. That's what we do here right?

Are you serious? It was a conversation that Coach G gave an opinion based on his experience and behind the scenes knowledge. Saying he's a company man wasn't patronizing at all because that's exactly what he was doing. I have great respect for Coach G and have said it many times on here. My history of doing so is well documented. I seriously doubt CoachG took my playful jab as being disrespectful. If he did I'd like to think he'd call me as I'm not hard to reach. There are 20 people at CPA that could give him my number.

Your hypersensitivity to what you perceive as being disrespectful is your issue not mine. I think G is a great guy based on my limited interaction around him and what my realtive and good friends say about him.

By the way I do know several folks in the college and HS ranks because of soccer. Sorry that upsets you that I discuss it on this forum. That's what we do here right?

Have you ever thought that the fact that he HASN'T responded to you that you might have pissed him off?

"Playful jab"?  

Anyone at CPA who questions why others view their enrollment with skepticism act as if they are above reproach.

Wow.  Glad that DCA does everything right.

Have you ever thought that the fact that he HASN'T responded to you that you might have pissed him off?

"Playful jab"?

Anyone at CPA who questions why others view their enrollment with skepticism act as if they are above reproach.

Wow. Glad that DCA does everything right.

Or maybe he didn't respond because it was kinda over? I mentioned the "rabit hole" in my post yes? No school, whether public or private, is without skepticism on occasion.

If G is mad he can respond many different ways or none at all. I would think with our history together over these last few years he understood where I was coming from. Heck, I've been one of the biggest defenders of the CPA programs on coachT and find it interesting you guys paint me as being the opposite. Lol

Honestly though, those who are offended for him matter little to me because G has had numerous good interactions with me. Sometimes internet folks like to create drama out of nothing and this is a one of those cases IMO.

This topic involves all sports in division 2 starting the Fall of 2017 but I decided to post it in soccer as CCS is always a team that goes deep in the post season in soccer. Many bloggers may already know this, many may not but CCS is a D2 class AA team allowed to play down in class A for 2 years.  They sent their enrollment in to the TSSAA when all schools had to report theirs and once the districts were laid out they were put in class AA East Region...were they belong, about 4 weeks later they decided to appeal it and ask to play down in class A and sure enough they won and now they have been dropped down to class A East Region district 2.  Now, please someone correct me but as long as I can recall, the TSSAA has NEVER allowed a team to play down.  True, the cutoff is 450 and they are at 458 just 8 over the enrollment but that should not matter.  The number is the number, why should they get special treatment.  What gets me is the fact that this was a closed door meeting, not many people know this fact as it was swept under the rug.  I checked the TSSAA minutes every time they come out and it has never been put in the minutes.  What kind of story could CCS have told the Board of Control to win a case like this and for the TSSAA to be hush hush on this.  Not only does this hurt those now in class A in that particular district and region but it also hurts the class AA district that they were initially placed in which knocked them down to only 3 teams.  The reason I heard is that A: they have to travel more and B: no one in Chattanooga would play them..........Bull and Bull is all I have to say.  I will tell you the real reasons and that is the district they were originally placed in in class AA is comprised of Baylor, McCallie and GPS.......and that my friend is the real reason they wanted out. To the CCS headmaster and AD, put on your big boy pants and do the right thing....play in the class that you belong in.  I hope that this sets a precedent and more schools that are on the bubble of classifications finds this out and bombard the TSSAA board of control to do the same thing and appeal to drop down.  Why not.....they've already opened the door with CCS.  Ok, I just needed to vent....I feel better now.  

The Sword of Joshua Independent Full Pentecostal Assembly just of Charger Drive down on the Frontage Road started latherin this deal up as soon as they seen it goin south for them...

..for a school with an administration that tries to call a sportsmanship meeting with opposin schools every time they get their Hillary's handed to them; no surprise that the heads of Senior Leadership as The Sword of Joshua Independent Full Pentecostal Assembly just of Charger Drive down on the Frontage Road like to call them went under the table to cut a deal to dodge competition

Booger thinkin that sumone owns a condo down on the Redneck Riviera and some T$$AA decision makers are gonna be shoehornin their speedos on and tannin in front of the Pink Pony Pub a few times over the finals days of their terms.

Booger just sayin  pinkponypub.jpg

nose more people than Heidi Fleiss's...and dined at Taco Bell with all of em....

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

absolutely no idea where the Lincoln thing came from.... butt its completely understandable that u woodnt from down there on that level.......just keep workin and dont give up hope

Booger just sayin

catfish.jpg?w=650&h=450

Haha!!! You are the contact at LM per the thread you started. I appreciate your insight there. I haven't had any contact with that school.

Sharing stories and relaying information gathered from contacts makes this forum great!

Thank you again for your contribution. :)