Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Best High School Baseball Field in State

• Please log in to reply
    25 replies to this topic

#1 Volsrule3

Volsrule3

Camper

• Members
    • 2 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Humboldt may have the best baseball field in the state especially for a Single A school

Edited by Volsrule3, 3 weeks ago.

#2 Volsrule3

Volsrule3

Camper

• Members
    • 2 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Wish I could put a photo up on coacht of field the field they have the pleasure of playing on each time they step on the field

#3 davidlimbaugh

davidlimbaugh

Record Holder

• CoachT+
    • 4,819 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Is this where they play? https://www.google.c...9067321!6m1!1e1

David Limbaugh

Sports Information Director @RHS_SID

Riverdale High School

#4 cocheese

cocheese

Trainer

• Members
    • 118 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think that's it David. I was there a year ago, maybe it was two. Nice playing surface. I remember they had some nice stripping done. Dugouts looked more like rec. league dugouts than a high school facility, but overall a very nice field. Don't remember there being much other for facilities there though. Nice field, but far from being the best in TN. I've been to a lot of fields in Middle TN, some in West TN and very few in East TN.

#5 TryNotToSuck

TryNotToSuck

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 52 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Agree 100%. Coach Bunch and whoever that guy that helps out rarely gets credit because Humboldt is not a really good baseball team. All their home games are district opponents, a few Jackson schools, and probably South Gibson. By far the best field I've seen, and I've been to a lot. 

#6 Gerry Bertier

Gerry Bertier

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 6,308 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

http://www.jacksonsu...boldt/82491388/

Great article about the man responsible for the upkeep of the field.
    In memory of Btown (1986-2005)

#7 87ismine

87ismine

Trainer

• Members
    • 104 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Humboldt has a very nice looking field. You all should make it over to ETN and check out GCA Rams field. We get less rainouts than any Class A team in the state. The turf infield allows for no practice cancellations. That has resulted in consistently better players and teams the past several years we've had that infield. Having said that, "Best" is up to the eye of the beholder. Some old school folks will snub their noses at the artificial turf. Vandy sure likes theirs, and they're OK. CAK in W. Knoxville also has a beautiful baseball field, but they are AA.

#8 IrishBBall

IrishBBall

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,977 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hard to beat Knoxville Catholic from a field and facilities standpoint. Separate indoor hitting and pitching areas. Only knock would be the stands but we were limited from a space standpoint.

#9 glock22

glock22

Competitor

• Members
    • 383 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hixson has one of the best fields in the Chattanooga area.

#10 strongx

strongx

Champion

• Members
    • 2,589 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Are seats and bathrooms required to be one of the best?

Spirit Style Chooser: