Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Coaching positions

• Please log in to reply
    5 replies to this topic

#1 hoopscoach

hoopscoach

Camper

• Members
    • 1 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Folks,

Out of state coach from the northeast part of the country here. Tired of northeast winters and looking for making a change and looking for area in country to relocate to. Nashville keeps popping up. Would love to live in the city or close by. Any coaching openings currently there that would fit the bill? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 warmachine7954

warmachine7954

Contender

• Members
    • 884 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Folks,

Out of state coach from the northeast part of the country here. Tired of northeast winters and looking for making a change and looking for area in country to relocate to. Nashville keeps popping up. Would love to live in the city or close by. Any coaching openings currently there that would fit the bill? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

http://portal.tssaa....tegory=position

#3 Rade Butcher

Rade Butcher

Trainer

• Members
    • 162 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Folks,

Just a helpful hint. Nashville or surrounding areas would be more open to someone from a liberal area that you are obviously from. Some of these more rural towns won't be as open to you. I'm not being a smart aleck just stating the truth.

#4 BIGPURPLEMACHINE

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 5,351 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Just a helpful hint. Nashville or surrounding areas would be more open to someone from a liberal area that you are obviously from. Some of these more rural towns won't be as open to you. I'm not being a smart aleck just stating the truth.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I am a "coach" and made a job change last year to another state. Was in TN for many years with all experience being in large urban area schools. Applied at many rural school and was offered several jobs. The one I am at is in Missouri and they about begged me to come. Threw the kitchen sink at me. The resume took away a lot of preconceptions people had. If the poster has a great track record he will probably be very wanted.
    MILAN BULLDAWGS- BRINGIN' THE WOOD!!!
    STATE CHAMPS- 71', 77', 98', 99' STATE RUNNER-UP- 93', 08', 09', 11', 12'

#5 SportsnetWriter2

SportsnetWriter2

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,553 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Folks,

Out of state coach from the northeast part of the country here. Tired of northeast winters and looking for making a change and looking for area in country to relocate to. Nashville keeps popping up. Would love to live in the city or close by. Any coaching openings currently there that would fit the bill? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

I do not know if it's been filled but coalfield has a vacant opening. They're a small k-12 school. They've been a football powerhouse and definitely potential there for a solid basketball program as well.

#6 SportsnetWriter2

SportsnetWriter2

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,553 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Folks,

Out of state coach from the northeast part of the country here. Tired of northeast winters and looking for making a change and looking for area in country to relocate to. Nashville keeps popping up. Would love to live in the city or close by. Any coaching openings currently there that would fit the bill? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

In the Knoxville area there are 2 tradition rich programs seeking a head coach. Farragut who is a solid triple A school and Grace Christian who was a single A Final Four team this year with consecutive state tournament appearances and now making the move to division 2 are searching for head coaches. The facilities at both are second to none. Also a school a couple hours north with proud tradition, Kingsport Dobyns Bennett is seeking a head coach. Best of luck to you!

Spirit Style Chooser: