Best of the Best Duals

WrestlingGod

Tennessee Wrestling Federation's IRONMAN will be a good tournament to see some of the Best wrestlers in Tennessee make their mark on the mat. Some weight classes have multiple State Champs in them. Look forward to seeing you there. This tournament will be on Trackwrestling.com

Gentlemen!

Though I appreciate my name being mentioned in the "#1/#2" conversation on this prestigious thread, there is one simple fact that is being overlooked here...I'm not even the #1 or #2 wrestling coach on my campus! When you're privileged enough to have coached with and still walk the halls w/ the likes of Coach Turner Jackson, Steve Logsdon, and Chad Laxton, it's hard not to laugh when I read this thread. Not mention, I have some pretty great assistants on campus as well. Again, it's a privilege and honor to even have my name mentioned, but it simply is not true. Coach Bosken is well on his way as I hope that maybe one day I might be as well. Again, thank you, though, Coach Bowers. But, as mentioned earlier, I do believe that it was a simple reference to where our respective teams finished this year in the AAA state tournaments, nothing more and nothing less.

Another a fact that I'd like to point out is that our state is full of very good, high quality coaches, both young, old, and legendary. Over the past 10-15 years and as my traveling in and w/ the off-season has increased, I've seen first hand that our coaches here in TN are as top-notch as many other areas/states. This current group of younger coaches (the "next generation" as I've heard them called) that is heavily involved w/ our off-season/international style programs now is as motivated and eager of a group as I've ever seen w/in TN. With organized effort, continued learning w/in all styles, and a lot of hard work, I believe that TN can close the gap w/ other states if we continue to work together and improve.

Lastly, for the record, I wouldn't want Coach Ben Bowers job. It's a thankless job that catches a lot of heat. But, Coach Bowers has stepped up to the plate is doing the best job that he can. He has the time, he has the passion and he's willing to put both of them into our off-season USAW program year-round. A lot of coaches, myself included, have the energy and passion to do his job but time escapes us due to the running of our respective programs. I don't always agree w/ everything Coach Bowers does, but I always factor in the sacrifice that he makes to serve our wrestling community when I take my concerns, conflicts, resolutions, and/or suggestions to him via call, text, email, or meeting. I urge others do the same if issues arise. He's always willing to talk w/ me and has always been respectful to our program, our coaches, and myself in all of our past dealings.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at Summit. Safe travels and safety to our wrestlers,

Ben Smith

Bradley Wrestling

• Upvote 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Are you trying to say you didn't find Seven and ShadySlim going at it?
    • hey goat! how’s monterey looking this year?! 
    • several people actually. they said “snoball, do you know who railbird81 is on coacht?” I said, “never heard of her.” they said, “you ought to check it out they’re getting fired up on there like the old days.” well, you can imagine my disappointment when I came here expecting sharp, witty banter and all i found was more akin to toddlers slap fighting. and what looks like 1 guy/gal talking to themselves with multiple accounts.
    • Shopping? His family is loaded and he's 6'6 I'm pretty sure he could start anywhere in upper East TN,So no need to shop. Word is Witten got caught trying to work him out on campus and some 7 on 7 while playing athletics for Sullivan East. Word got around pretty quick and Someone turned them into TSSAA.
    • Quick update on Jacob -  Jacob celebrated his 16th birthday at Vanderbilt on Tuesday and has been in decent spirits.  His sense of humor has begun to show as he was visited by many friends.  He is swallowing a lot better now and has eaten some of his favorites (Chik-Fil-A and Five Guys).   He is getting prepared to head to Atlanta to the Shepherd Center first thing tomorrow morning.  His family has been waiting on insurance approval. In case you dont know the Shepherd Center it a world class facility and supposedly one of the best in the country for spinal injury rehab.  Praying for perfect results there. Considering the circumstances, Jacob is in decent spirits.  He has some reflexive movement in his legs which I think is probably a very positive sign.  Don't read too much into that just yet as there is no telling what the real prognosis is... just hopeful that is good thing.  I am really just happy that it seems like he has a punchers chance of getting something back.  He is a strong young man and very determined so I think he will fight as hard as he can in physical therapy while down in Atlanta. More than one of you has asked me about an address to send donations.  I know GoFundMe isn't for everyone.  If you want to go that route, you can make a check to "Blackman Wrestling Club" and we will pass anything received directly to the Kinderdines.   Jacob Kinderdine c/o Blackman Wrestling 4836 Trevino Court Murfreesboro, TN  37128 Also, want to thank everyone who has donated so far.  Jacobs dad will take a month off work and stay in Atlanta with him.  They need to learn how to take care of him and do home therapy work..... and surely Jacob will be glad his dad can be there.  All that could not happen without you all.  Depending on what happens, they will probably end up doing some home remodeling in order to accommodate Jacob at their home.  Thanks again. Here's a pic I lifted from Facebook of Jacob on Oxy talking to his Uncle.  LOL