Region 7 5A

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that spring practice is over and we got to see a glimpse of these teams does anyone think differently? 

I will double down on my earlier prediction and say that Clarksville will finish second in the district. This is one of the strongest teams CHS had fielded in many years and the O-line is Big, Fast, and Strong.

Henry County is still the team to beat.

Northeast is loaded with talent and will be right up there with them.

Northwest will be good, but must adjust to 5A ball.

2017 Region 7-5A Schedules

CLARKSVILLE HS SCHEDULE

Clarksville    vs    Rossview            

Clarksville    @    Springfield         

Clarksville    vs    Lewisburg MS   

Clarksville    @    Hillwood                                             

Clarksville    vs    Henry County   

Clarksville    vs    Dyer County      

Clarksville    @    Northeast          

Clarksville    @    Kenwood           

---BYE---      

Clarksville    @    Northwest         

Clarksville    vs    West Creek       

NORTHEAST HS SCHEDULE

Northeast    vs    C. Harding KY    

Northeast    @    McCracken KY  

Northeast    @    Kenwood           

Northeast    vs    Rossview                                            

Northeast    @    Dyer County      

Northeast    vs    West Creek       

Northeast    vs    Clarksville           

Northeast    vs    Northwest         

---BYE---      

Northeast    @    Henry County   

Northeast    @    East Nashville   

HENRY COUNTY HS SCHEDULE

Henry County    @    Haywood                            

Henry County    vs    Beech @APSU                    

Henry County    vs    Dyer County                      

Henry County    vs    Liberty                                                 

Henry County    @    Clarksville                           

Henry County    vs    Kenwood                           

Henry County    @    Germantown                    

Henry County    @    West Creek                       

---BYE---      

Henry County    vs    Northeast                          

Henry County    @    Northwest                         

NORTHWEST HS SCHEDULE

Northwest    @    Southwestern KY                            

Northwest    vs    Whites Creek                    

Northwest    @    West Creek                       

Northwest    vs    Stratford                                                             

Northwest    vs    Kenwood                           

Northwest    @    Mt. Juliet                            

Northwest    @    Dyer County                      

Northwest    @    Northeast                          

---BYE---      

Northwest    vs    Clarksville           

Northwest    vs    Henry County   

WEST CREEK HS SCHEDULE

West Creek    @    White House                     

West Creek    vs    Greenbrier                        

West Creek    vs    Northwest                         

West Creek    @    Dickson                                                               

West Creek    vs    Portland                              

West Creek    @    Northeast                          

West Creek    @    Kenwood                           

West Creek    vs    Henry County                   

---BYE---      

West Creek    vs    Dyer County                      

West Creek    @    Clarksville                           

DYER COUNTY HS SCHEDULE

Dyer County    vs     Crocket County                

Dyer County    @     Obion County                   

Dyer County    @     Henry County                   

Dyer County    vs     Ripley                                                                   

Dyer County    vs     Northeast                          

Dyer County    @     Clarksville                           

Dyer County    vs     Northwest                         

---BYE---      

Dyer County    @     McCracken KY                  

Dyer County    @     West Creek                       

Dyer County    @     Kenwood

I will double down on my earlier prediction and say that Clarksville will finish second in the district. This is one of the strongest teams CHS had fielded in many years and the O-line is Big, Fast, and Strong.

Henry County is still the team to beat.

Northeast is loaded with talent and will be right up there with them.

Northwest will be good, but must adjust to 5A ball.

Lol! If you think this CHS team will beat NE or NW, you obviously haven't seen any of the 3 teams. CHS does not match up with either team athletically or from a coaching standpoint. The will do good to finish 4th. And that's a stretch.

I don’t claim to be anything more than a fan, but I do have some good insight on what is happening with the Wildcats, and I feel good at where they are this year.

Northeast consistently has one of the best pools of talent in the city. But that doesn’t always equate to the best team. There program as a whole has a lot to be improved on. Coach Watson seems to have the talent and pedigree to be a good Head Coach, but he will have to learn as he grows into his new position, and adjust from a private school mentality to a public school one. I don’t know what kind of staff he has put together, but it must be challenging as he competes with his former boss at Rossview. I wish him the best of luck.

Coach Wright has done a tremendous job at Northwest. He not only is a good coach, but he seems to be building a program that the players and school are whole heartedly behind. I think they will have a good season, but I also believe they will have a significant challenge transitioning to 5A during a year when they will lose quite a few key players. It looks like their schedule may favor them in the beginning, but the 3 game stretch at the end will be a challenge.

As for my wildcats, this will be the first true Coach Shelby team to take the field. He has been training, mentoring, and conditioning this senior class since they were freshmen. I believe he has put together the finest program in the city. I do not think Clarksville will walk all over or (mop the floor) with their cross town rivals, but I do think they will be able to grind out wins and stay the team to beat in the city.

I don’t claim to be anything more than a fan, but I do have some good insight on what is happening with the Wildcats, and I feel good at where they are this year.

Northeast consistently has one of the best pools of talent in the city. But that doesn’t always equate to the best team. There program as a whole has a lot to be improved on. Coach Watson seems to have the talent and pedigree to be a good Head Coach, but he will have to learn as he grows into his new position, and adjust from a private school mentality to a public school one. I don’t know what kind of staff he has put together, but it must be challenging as he competes with his former boss at Rossview. I wish him the best of luck.

Coach Wright has done a tremendous job at Northwest. He not only is a good coach, but he seems to be building a program that the players and school are whole heartedly behind. I think they will have a good season, but I also believe they will have a significant challenge transitioning to 5A during a year when they will lose quite a few key players. It looks like their schedule may favor them in the beginning, but the 3 game stretch at the end will be a challenge.

As for my wildcats, this will be the first true Coach Shelby team to take the field. He has been training, mentoring, and conditioning this senior class since they were freshmen. I believe he has put together the finest program in the city. I do not think Clarksville will walk all over or (mop the floor) with their cross town rivals, but I do think they will be able to grind out wins and stay the team to beat in the city.

Finest program in this city? Are you serious? I graduated from CHS years ago. This program has declined since he took over. Everyone but administration sees it. Ineligible players, running off kids, kicking seniors out of locker room, letting players start first week back from alternative school, and recently cussing a group of players. Sounds like a fine program. I'd love nothing more for my Wildcats to return to the city's finest program, but that won't happen with this group of coaches. And trust me, I'm not the only one who shares this opinion.

Finest program in this city? Are you serious? I graduated from CHS years ago. This program has declined since he took over. Everyone but administration sees it. Ineligible players, running off kids, kicking seniors out of locker room, letting players start first week back from alternative school, and recently cussing a group of players. Sounds like a fine program. I'd love nothing more for my Wildcats to return to the city's finest program, but that won't happen with this group of coaches. And trust me, I'm not the only one who shares this opinion.

Just as I suspected. It seems to me your sole purpose on Coach T is to bash and to be negative towards Clarksville High. I have yet to see a single post that contributes anything of substance towards a meaningful conversation. 

Have a nice day :)

Just as I suspected. It seems to me your sole purpose on Coach T is to bash and to be negative towards Clarksville High. I have yet to see a single post that contributes anything of substance towards a meaningful conversation.

Have a nice day :)

You obviously didn't read my post. Take off the blinders for a minute. I have family on the team now. Do you have family on the team?? Do you know everything that's going on?? Are you aware of all the situations? Obviously not. Must be a real good personal tie to these coaches. Your sole purpose is to glorify this team and that's obvious by your posts. Call it like it is. A meaningful conversation? Really? So you can have your opinion of how great these coaches are, but I'm not entitled to mine? You're nothing but a front runner. What a joke. Worst hire in CHS history.

Pilgrim, you have a nice day.

Edited by Oldschoolwildcat1970

hmmm. I dont know coach Shelby or any of the coaches on a personal level but here's my insight. CHS will likely end up around 5-5 they do have a big and strong online but skill player wise I dont see them matching up with anyone and maybe i'm wrong.

Henry county will be good as always but they have some issues at QB and with that being a problem there vulnerable.

Northeast will be pretty good and will give the best challenge to dethrone HC. they will have the best skill players in the region.

Northwest I think is really tricky because there oline seems to be very small and outside of they great WR they have I dont know what more they can do.

Westcreek is still trying to build and not looking like a challenge to anyone but are returning a big senior class so we should see there.

Dyer county I know nothing about!