Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Pitching strategy in postseason

• Please log in to reply
    11 replies to this topic

#1 Preppy

Preppy

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 48 posts

Posted A week ago

How did the new pitch count regulations affect decisions today? Did everybody throw their aces today?

#2 bd4vols

bd4vols

Contender

• Members
    • 889 posts

Posted A week ago

Looks like some did but kept them on pitch counts.  I'd be willing to bet there will be some high scoring games on Wednesday as people throw off, or throw Johnny All-Staff to get to Friday with most of their good guys ready to go.

Talent is God-given -- be greatful. Praise is man-given -- be humble. Conceit is self-given -- be careful.
    -John Wooden.

#3 Preppy

Preppy

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 48 posts

Posted A week ago

So, they threw the ace but kept him below 120 so that they can throw again on Friday?

#4 87ismine

87ismine

Trainer

• Members
    • 148 posts

Posted A week ago

It gets really interesting if the ace threw a bunch on Monday, comes back on Friday with 100+, AND THEN the state tourney starts TUESDAY.....only 3 days rest. This is where the rubber meets the road and the teams with top quality #2 & #3 starters will carry the day. There aren't many in Class A that have more than a couple really good pitchers. There are going to be some serious runs scored in Murfreesboro. I just hope we get there......

#5 bcd

bcd

Competitor

• Members
    • 302 posts

Posted A week ago

Can someone summarize the new pitch count rules? CPA threw their #1 for 4 innings of no hit ball and maybe 9-10 Ks (I lost track in the 4th).

#6 Preppy

Preppy

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 48 posts

Posted A week ago

You need four days rest if you throw 120 pitches. Need three days rest if you throw between 76-119 pitches. Two days rest for 56-75 pitches. One day of rest if you throw 25-55 pitches.

#7 Gerry Bertier

Gerry Bertier

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 6,311 posts

Posted A week ago

If I was a coach I would want to play my Regional Final today just to give my day an extra day of rest before Friday.
    In memory of Btown (1986-2005)

#8 davidlimbaugh

davidlimbaugh

Record Holder

• CoachT+
    • 4,854 posts

Posted A week ago

Can someone summarize the new pitch count rules? CPA threw their #1 for 4 innings of no hit ball and maybe 9-10 Ks (I lost track in the 4th).

http://tssaa.org/tss...nt-regulations/

David Limbaugh

Sports Information Director @RHS_SID

Riverdale High School

#9 bigchief

bigchief

Champion

• Validating
    • 2,845 posts

Posted A week ago

If I was a coach I would want to play my Regional Final today just to give my day an extra day of rest before Friday.

Dates are set by the TSSAA. You can only change them with their permission and both coaches have to agree.

Watch your back, someone might be stabbing it.

#10 ksgovols

ksgovols

Record Holder

• Members
    • 4,124 posts

Posted A week ago

Elimination games on Monday and Friday.  A seeding game on Wednesday.  I doubt anybody threw their #1 for more than a bullpen on Wednesday.  It's not sound strategy if they did.  These Wednesday scores will not be very indicative of who has the better team a lot of the time. 

'Didn't look like a one horse town, but try and find a decent hair jelly'~Everett McGill

Spirit Style Chooser: