History of Nashville Football - Question

BDURHAM

Stan, In the old days there was no state champion crowned in Tennessee football. Any "state "championship was purely mythical. You played ten games and then maybe a bowl. The clinic bowl was held on Thanksgiving I believe and would feature teams such as MBA, Ryan and Litton who were the powerhouses of the time. As more schools were opened in the Nashville area, the talent became more spread out. Don Harris, a referee who teaches at Whites Creek put out a magazine in the 70's called "NIL Magazine" that contained a pretty in-depth history of Nashville area football from the 40's to the 70's. I still have a copy from 1974. Perhaps he might have one left over somewhere. Let me know what you dig up.

David Lipscomb 2002 State Champ and 2003 Runner Up and 2005 Runner up 2006 Runner up 2007 State Champs

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

'BWoodcock' could you help me out? I am trying to track down some contact information for this David Campbell for my dad who wants to reconnect with an old college buddy. I sure am having a hard time finding anything other than high school and college football rosters. Any chance you know a middle name or something else that could help? Thanks.