Quarles leaving Maryville?

rebeldozer44

We usually run atleast one "trick" play per game. Also, I don't think losing GQ will be such a big blow, I think losing the other coaches will be big blows. We lost Hammontree(sp?) and we thought things were going to be bad, infact in 2000 a big part of it was the players adjusting to Quarles being the coach because they didn't like his style. After about 4 games they bought into it and they started to love him. I also think that college won't come calling, I think they would have if he would have won this year, but I think that they might back off a bit and see how he handles things now. I think that if he leaves we will be just fine, as long as he doesn't take everyone else with him!

Ah doesnt it seem every seasons end at MHS this topic always seems to pop up.There is no way GQ would leave MHS, If he does leave somewhere down the long and didstant future, i look for him to go to Furman. Also, He would take a couple of coaches with him, I am sure his right hand man would be david ellis, the line coach, and probably coach gaylor also. Colleges will be all over this guy if he does finally decide to go th ough.

Guest region4fan

Sounds like a ploy for more money to me....oldest trick in the book! Ask Rankin, he has used this one to his advantage MULTIPLE times!

Edited by region4fan