Best teams that didn't win State Title

REBELRON

• 2 weeks later...

+1 CU06. If that OR team had of been coached by Coach Lussier who left the year before I do believe we would've been state champs, but if ifs and butts were candy and nuts yadda yadda yadda. And the Ravenwood QB's name was T.C. Jennings. Tough little QB. Becker was a fine LB. It seemed like every time Spencer would get the ball he would be right there. Ravenwood had a great gameplan to have him go everywhere Spencer would go and it wound up working out well for them. Another if was the weather. It really put a damper on our aerial game.

That game still bothers me. I covered Oak Ridge's big win over Riverdale as a young sports intern at WBIR and I thought that team would have no problem w Ravenwood after ending Riverdale's 29 straight win streak.

Really enjoyed watching Spencer and Revel play that season. Still don't know how Stanton managed to mess that up. Credit to Ravenwood for winning but I agree Lussier left one year too soon.

• 7 months later...

Not a state runner up, but Sequatchie's 89 team lost in the quarters to a Kingston team with Kevin Mays and a lot more size, on a TD in the final minute. Just couldnt stop a QB sneak with all that size leading him. A week later Kingston lost in the semis to Alcoa's team with Shannon Mitchell and Billy Williams, on a score with about 30 seconds left. Alcoa was nationally ranked that year, you could probably put Sequatchie and even more, Kingston that year as best among not state winners.

Not a state runner up, but Sequatchie's 89 team lost in the quarters to a Kingston team with Kevin Mays and a lot more size, on a TD in the final minute. Just couldnt stop a QB sneak with all that size leading him. A week later Kingston lost in the semis to Alcoa's team with Shannon Mitchell and Billy Williams, on a score with about 30 seconds left. Alcoa was nationally ranked that year, you could probably put Sequatchie and even more, Kingston that year as best among not state winners.

I saw that game. Alcoa was lucky to win that game. If #33 for Kingston doesn't drop that pass in the End Zone Kingston wins. Kingston was ahead when this happened. Alcoa also on their winning TD faced a 4th and 21 that they converted. Billy Williams leaped between 3 defenders and caught that ball. Kingston was really good that year.

• 1 year later...

2011-2012 BA Eagles the 2012  team lost 46-45 in semis to MUS while the 2011  team lost to christian brothers

they had- derek barnett, cj sanders, jalen ramsey, max staver, jackson pittman, graham schuler, woody baron, amos mason, dmontre wade, al thompson, connor johnson, aaquil annoor, and many other guys that were young and eventually went D1 and plenty of other guys that played at small colleges