Morristtown East

Cumberland County

Greenville

Daniel Boone

Cocke County

Eagles Landing GA

West Greene

Siegel

Are any of these teams any good? (except for Siegel). I think the coach as Siegel thought that there would be the best teams from the east in this tournament, (no disrespect to any of these teams) really surprised that there aren't more then 9 teams. Will this be worth the trip for Siegel? Too bad AC and SS aren't in it.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morristown West

Morristtown East

Cumberland County

Greenville

Daniel Boone

Cocke County

Eagles Landing GA

West Greene

Siegel

Are any of these teams any good? (except for Siegel).  I think the coach as Siegel thought that there would be the best teams from the east in this tournament, (no disrespect to any of these teams) really surprised that there aren't more then 9 teams.  Will this be worth the trip for Siegel? Too bad AC and SS aren't in it.

825728054[/snapback]

Hey, hey , hey , wait just a cottin pickin minute here!!! You think this tournament is a cake walk for Siegel! You've lost your mind, and if you haven't then there's definitely no knowledge in it of Cumberland County Volleyball!! The Lady Jets win this tournament going away and the Lady Stars are left in the dust!!! Botom Line!! thumb

The Top Gun Tournament was started 3 years ago by the Morristown Area Chamber of Commerce to bring in great High School volleyball. Each year has been a success. Mercy High School (Kentucky) won the tournament in the first year. Teams that played in the Gold Division then were Westminister (GA), West Green, Morristown East, Morristown West, Bearden, Cleveland, & Gallatin. Last year Morristown West won the tournament against teams such as: Daniel Boone, Farragut, Henry Clay (KY), Morristown East, West Greene, Dominion Christian (GA), & Greeneville. Also playing last year was Landmark Christian who lost twicw in pool play and won the Silver Division. The quanitity of teams may be down but I know the quality of teams are not. We are looking forward to having Siegel High School come and play in this years tournament as well as all the other schools. I hope they all have a great experience.

The Top Gun Tournament was started 3 years ago by the Morristown Area Chamber of Commerce to bring in great High School volleyball.  Each year has been a success.  Mercy High School (Kentucky) won the tournament in the first year.  Teams that played in the Gold Division then were Westminister (GA), West Green, Morristown East, Morristown West, Bearden, Cleveland, & Gallatin.  Last year Morristown West won the tournament against teams such as: Daniel Boone, Farragut, Henry Clay (KY), Morristown East, West Greene, Dominion Christian (GA), & Greeneville. Also playing last year was Landmark Christian who lost twicw in pool play and won the Silver Division.  The quanitity of teams may be down but I know the quality of teams are not.  We are looking forward to having Siegel High School come and play in this years tournament as well as all the other schools.  I hope they all have a great experience.

825732091[/snapback]

If its possible, please post the games played and the scores so we might keep up with this tournament.

Top Gun Tournament - Friday night results:

Pool A

Greeneville defeated West Greene 26-24, 25-20.

Cumberland Co. defeated Morristown West 15-25, 25-22, 17-15.

Siegel defeated Greeneville 25-14, 19-25, 15-9

Morristown West defeated West Greene 25-15, 25-17

Siegel defeated Cumberland Co. 25-15, 25-13

Pool B

Morristown East defeated Cocke Co. 25-6, 25-16.

Jefferson Co. defeated Daniel Boone 25-17, 24-26, 15-12.

Eagel's Landing, Ga defeated Morristown East 29-27, 15-25, 15-9

Jefferson Co. defeated Cocke Co. 19-25, 25-16, 15-9.

Daniel Boone defeated Eagel's Landing, Ga 25-20, 25-23.

Top Gun Tournament - Friday night results:

Pool A

Greeneville defeated West Greene 26-24, 25-20.

Cumberland Co. defeated Morristown West  15-25, 25-22, 17-15.

Siegel defeated Greeneville  25-14, 19-25, 15-9

Morristown West defeated West Greene 25-15, 25-17

Siegel defeated Cumberland Co.  25-15, 25-13

Pool B

Morristown East defeated Cocke Co. 25-6, 25-16.

Jefferson Co. defeated Daniel Boone 25-17, 24-26, 15-12.

Eagel's Landing, Ga defeated Morristown East 29-27, 15-25, 15-9

Jefferson Co. defeated Cocke Co. 19-25, 25-16, 15-9.

Daniel Boone defeated Eagel's Landing, Ga 25-20, 25-23.

825737690[/snapback]

SP and T1, the information you have given and its transmission across the state is extremely helpful to those interested. Hope the gas lines are not too long.