Page 3, Spring Hill 2

PageMan

Page went to 5-0 in District 11A-AA in a 5 game match with Spring Hill (4-3) with the game scores of 25-23, 20-35, 22-25, 25-17, 25-11. And no that isn't a typo the 5th game went to 25 because the official didn't know the rules. Even after Page's Asst. Coach Amy Markovich showed her the NFHS rule book, the official stood by her erroneous decision made at the scorer's table that the 5th game would be to 25 pts. If Page had lost this game, as we really won at 15-8, I would have blown a gasket. I hope that someone reports this incident to her supervisor in the Columbia area and gets her a rule book.

Game 1: Page 25-23

Page: 11 Kills, 5 Aces, 14 Attack Errors, 2 Service Errors, 1 Net Violation

Spring Hill: 3 Kills, 3 Aces, 6 Attack Errors, 3 Service Errors

Game 2: Spring Hill 25, Page 20

SH: 13 K, 5 A, 4 AE, 3 SE

P: 12 K, 1 A, 6 AE, 1 SE

Game 3: Spring Hill 25, Page 22

SH: 11 K, 3 A, 3 AE, 3 SE

P: 11 K, 5 A, 7 AE, 3 SE, 1 BHE

Game 4: Page 25, Spring Hill 17

P: 10 K, 3 A, 3 AE, 4 SE, 3 BHE

SH: 6 K, 1 A, 7 AE, 2 SE, 3 BHE

Game 5: Page 25, Spring Hill 11

P: 9 K, 5 A, 3 AE, 2 SE

SH: 5 K, 1 A, 6 AE, 1 BHE, 1 NV

Positive Player Points for the Match:

Page:

Katie Vanderburg: 18 Kills, 1 Ace

Katie Guthrie: 10 Kills, 4 Aces

Leah Olivares: 8 Kills, 4 Aces

Leslie Coffman; 7 Kills

Jennifer Sorensen: 7 Aces

Jennica McGuire: 5 Kills

Becca Shreeve: 4 Aces

Andrea Townsend: 3 Kills

Spring Hill:

Janay Yancey: 13 Kills, 1 Ace

Jessika Osborne: 6 Kills, 2 Aces

Chassity Lindsey: 5 Kills, 2 Aces

Deanna Chambers: 6 Kills, 1 Ace

JaQueya Yancey: 6 Kills, 1 Ace

Megan Tyree: 2 Kills, 2 Aces

This was a close match that could have gone either way. Both teams made a lot of errors and both got away with several ball handling errors that weren't called. I guess the officiating didn't really favor either side, but it was the worst I've seen this year. I won't comment anymore on this official, but I hope some action is taken.

Edited by PageMan

And no that isn't a typo the 5th game went to 25 because the official didn't know the rules.  Even after Page's Asst. Coach Amy Markovich showed her the NFHS rule book, the official stood by her erroneous decision made at the scorer's table that the 5th game would be to 25 pts.  If Page had lost this game, as we really won at 15-8, I would have blown a gasket.

825756791[/snapback]

I'm completely speechless. Even after being shown the rulebook?! Amazing. Simply amazing.

this is true!  i think a lot of us have forgotten more about the rules than a lot of the officials now know! that is all i will say about this!

825757182[/snapback]

In certain parts of the state, I regret that I must agree with you. In other areas, this is not usually true. All I'll say about that (to continue, put it in the "Different Region, Different Call" thread on the main board).