Siegel at UT Volleyball Camp

StarsPres

Off of last years State Championship Playing team there were 5 players that had sisters playing volleyball at siegel Middle School. that Middle School team won their district tournament and had 38 players on the roster and had a great Middle School Coach. Many of those 6th, 7th and 8th graders played club this year. The last names are interesting. Cutter, Horencamp.

You are absolutely correct. Siegel Middle has a truly superb feeder program in the works, and the level of play at SMS is outstanding. They have a fantastic coach- Kim Stoecker (spelling?) if I'm not mistaken, who used to be head coach at Wilson Central. Siegel High is going to get a GREAT crop of young talent in the next few years, thanks in no small part to the middle school program. SMS did indeed win their conference championship, in one very exciting match! :lol:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are absolutely correct. Siegel Middle has a truly superb feeder program in the works, and the level of play at SMS is outstanding. They have a fantastic coach- Kim Stoecker (spelling?) if I'm not mistaken, who used to be head coach at Wilson Central. Siegel High is going to get a GREAT crop of young talent in the next few years, thanks in no small part to the middle school program. SMS did indeed win their conference championship, in one very exciting match! :D

u

I appreciate this post. While I looked for CT Middle School Volleyball, it was not there yet. You evidently saw the match as did probably the largest crowd in Rutherford VB against Blackman. Coach Kim has been a great Coach for some time and if family duties did not interfere, would be an extremely good Coach and role model for any HS. Her team not only plays well but her patience with Middle School girls(a task) is better than exceptional. She is a great role model. Most of the current siegel Basketball team was guided to the State Middle School Finals in Basketball when they were 7th and 8th graders. She no longer coaches basketball. For her to have 38 Middle School girls on her volleyball team and put the show on that they do and keep everyone reasonably happy, as coaches know , is not easy. While this may not be the place to do it, KUDOS to the many GREAT Middle School Coaches who spend the time in developing an interest in sports activities and many times encourages and starts the ball rolling for great HS programs. And KUDOS to Great Principals who really haven't had that much exposure to VB but decide for 38 screaming, jumping, bouncing, enthusiastic, players something must be there and finds the way to encourage and support the sport. Coach Kim and Coach Kathy at the HS are whats right about the way Female Athletics are handled between HS and MS. They are also whats right about Female Coaches that also decide to have a family during their coaching years and find some way, with spouses and the help of team parents, to pull off the task. GLJ, you turned on a light I have been wanting to shine for some time.

You are absolutely correct. Siegel Middle has a truly superb feeder program in the works, and the level of play at SMS is outstanding. They have a fantastic coach- Kim Stoecker (spelling?) if I'm not mistaken, who used to be head coach at Wilson Central. Siegel High is going to get a GREAT crop of young talent in the next few years, thanks in no small part to the middle school program. SMS did indeed win their conference championship, in one very exciting match! :D

I'm not sure WHERE Kim Stoecker was head coach but it was definitely not Wilson Central. Tammy Serbin (then Ricketts) transferred as Head Coach at MJ when Wilson Central opened in 2001 and remains there.

I'm not sure WHERE Kim Stoecker was head coach but it was definitely not Wilson Central. Tammy Serbin (then Ricketts) transferred as Head Coach at MJ when Wilson Central opened in 2001 and remains there.

Kim coached Volleyball at Lebanon High School and then went to Siegel Middle.

Guess who was her assistant one year at LHS was??

Coach Palk-Slaughter from Siegel.

The High School program is very involved witht he Middle school program at Siegel. Coach Stoecker is a big reason of the success sigel has had and will continue to have.

I'm just waiting for Clifford to chime in.

I know that Hank went with her to UT Camp and her husband stayed back with the girl. I have heard that her managers help her with the kid a lot.

But if you have been around Siegel much at all, it is apparent that it is a family atmosphere.

The parents/kids have always been so good with her kids.

its nice to know that siegel is gonna be good this year since we dont have vollyball in dekalb i think im gonna pull for siegel this year mostly because my girlfriend plays for them lol

I'm not sure why Decalb does not have a VB team and not sure why the Cookeville area does not have, at least, the starting of Club VB but it would be a start in the area to find a Rec League once or twice a week and make a start so the HS's in the area can get organized. Warren County, White County and Cookeville have good teams and could form a neuclus of players and wannabees. As was noted on another thread, Cookeville was said to have a Monday Night VB Rec league and would be an opportunity to try the sport out.

Certainly, siegel would welcome your support and presence at their matches since your girlfriend plays for them and I would think that you could find a schedule on TSSAA.net or better than ever, get the schedule from your girlfriend. As you know already, all of the 7AAA schools play an exciting brand of VB which have turned into events instead of matches and attendence to these events started to grow this past year. The reason being the skills being taught and the strategys used by current coaches are easy to follow and the competition between schools is very intense.