men playing volleyball

cbg

Do the Tennessee high schools have to allow men to participate on the girls team in vollyball due to the fact that the TSSAA does not offer a mens program? If they don't would that not be reverse discrimination because the mens football and wrestling programs have to allow women the opportunity to participate?

Do the Tennessee high schools have to allow men to participate on the girls team in vollyball due to the fact that the TSSAA does not offer a mens program? If they don't would that not be reverse discrimination because the mens football and wrestling programs have to allow women the opportunity to participate?

No, they do not. It is listed as "Girls' Volleyball", as opposed to just "Football", not "Boys' Football".

I got an Email this summer saying that King College was hiring a Mens VB coach.

It also ask to have inquiring HS seniors and College age men to send information.

That is true I know The Coach's very well due to my Job I could not help them out with the Coaching position, but if you do know any guys in High School that would be interested just let me know and I can put them in contact with Coach Toomey(women's coach)

Do the Tennessee high schools have to allow men to participate on the girls team in vollyball due to the fact that the TSSAA does not offer a mens program?

Actually, that is a TITLE 9 thingy. You can look it up on the net. I basiclly understand it that you have to have a equall number of men and women sports, so to compensate for football, there is usually a volleyball or field hockey (womens) team. If there is not parity, women are allowed to participate in the other program. Or something like that. I am probably just making it up as I type. B)