• 1 year later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why haven't they named the football field after him yet? Not the stadium, but the field and retire his number?Hello

A name from trhe past. Believe I helped EB coach him in LL about that time. Sneaky fast and a good person. Yes, good athletes do come out of Warren and a couple have shown up here that went Pro and others during that time should have.

A name from trhe past. Believe I helped IB coach him in LL about that time. Sneaky fast and a good person. Yes, good athletes do come out of Warren and a couple have shown up here that went Pro and others during that time should have.

Ahh yes, Jeff "Oscar" Womack. One of the best if not the best football players to play @ WC. Tough, fast and amazing vision on the field. I remember him benching about 325 like it was nothing his senior year. Amazing strength for 5'9" 180 pounds. His brother Gary "Big Baby" was fast as heck for a lineman too. I agree with hoop20 we need to retire his jersey or something.

Who is IB?

Ahh yes, Jeff "Oscar" Womack. One of the best if not the best football players to play @ WC. Tough, fast and amazing vision on the field. I remember him benching about 325 like it was nothing his senior year. Amazing strength for 5'9" 180 pounds. His brother Gary "Big Baby" was fast as heck for a lineman too. I agree with hoop20 we need to retire his jersey or something.

Who is IB?

Sorry EB. The human dynamo fromCaney Fork.

• 4 months later...

Why haven't they named the football field after him yet? Not the stadium, but the field and retire his number?Hello

I AGREE, the field should be named after Jeff Womack and the great Glenn Powers should be honored at the first home game.

A current football booster club member should bring this up at a meeting and get the ball rolling.

• 1 month later...

There is a new committee formed that is going to start recognizing the past 40 years of Warren County Pioneer athletes. From what I understand from a phone call yesterday, 1969 was the year Pioneers became our high school name.

They will honor different teams and accomplishments in all sports. Also they are going to pick the top 40 athletes of the past 40 years.

On September 18th during our home football game against White Co. the football booster club is honoring Glen Powers and the 1974 team that went 10-0 at halftime. I've spoken to the band director and they are even going to try to play one of the big hit songs of that year! Should be a special night!