Volleyball All-Star Games 21-jun-2008 at Centennial High School?

wcdiv

Here are the results of the 22nd annual TACA All-Star Volleyball matches held at Centennial High School.

AAA: West 3-1 (21-25, 25-13, 28-26, 25-23)

A-AA: West 3-1 (25-21, 20-25, 25-16, 27-25)

AAA Team Summaries for the Match:

West: 42 Kills, 11 Aces, 4 Blocks - 30 Attack Errors, 4 Service Errors

East: 42 Kills, 4 Aces, 7 Blocks - 31 Attack Errors, 11 Services Errors

West Player Positive Points:

#8 Deedee Harrison - 17 Kills, 1 Block

#14 Frances Ferree - 9 Kills, 2 Aces, 1 Block

#12 Becca Brewster - 7 Kills, 3 Aces, 2 Blocks

#18 Jennifer Maher - 5 Kills, 1 Ace

#17 Halley Wiggins - 2 Kills, 1 Block

#0 Brittany Schroeder - 1 Kill, 3 Aces

#31 Marie Mullins - 1 Kill, 2 Aces

East Player Positive Points:

#13 Stephanie Sarago - 7 Kills, 2 Aces, 3 Blocks

#18 Stephanie Harville - 9 Kills, 1 Block

#12 Ellee Agee - 8 Kills, 2 Blocks

#7 Amanda Mitchell - 8 Kills, 1 Ace

#15 Courtney Cotter - 5 Kills, 1 Ace, 1 Block

#26 Gretchen Higdon - 5 Kills

A-AA Team Summaries for the Match:

West: 40 Kills, 14 Aces, 6 Blocks - 26 Attack Errors, 9 Service Errors

East: 41 Kills, 9 Aces, 3 Blocks - 26 Attack Errors, 11 Service Errors

West Player Positve Points:

#10 Christa Hutchison - 13 Kills, 3 Aces

#7 Aynne Swindell - 12 Kills, 2 Aces, 1 Block

#20 Amber Turner - 4 Kills, 4 Aces

#13 Jessica Williamson - 3 Kills, 2 Aces, 3 Blocks

#12 Andrea Townsend - 2 Kills, 2 Aces, 2 Blocks

#14 Emily Lancaster - 3 Kills, 1 Ace

#11 Shelbi Turner - 3 Kills

East Player Positive Points:

#9 Jessica Lane - 11 Kills, 1 Ace, 2 Blocks

#10 Katie Clinard - 11 Kills

#14 Becca Forbes - 9 Kills, 2 Aces, 1 Block

#3 Lindsey Bibee - 6 Kills, 1 Ace

#6 Sara Fowler - 2 Kills, 3 Aces

#12 Emily Hayes - 2 Kills, 1 Ace

#20 Brittany Preston - 1 Block

All of the above stats are unofficial and I know I missed a couple of points.

I will not make a detailed analysis of why one team won and one didn't as these matches are exhibitons and the players did not get a lot of practice time. Their were some errors, but I thought the play was fairly good in both matches.

It was good to see all the players, coaches, and parents for the final time in their high school careers. I will miss all these Seniors as they move on with their lives.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The attendance was fairly decent for the opening AAA match Phil, but thinned out by the A-AA match as the AAA supporters left the gym. Most in attendance for both matches were parents and friends of the players and I know the TACA officials wished there had been more general support for the matches to help the gate receipts.

The attendance was fairly decent for the opening AAA match Phil, but thinned out by the A-AA match as the AAA supporters left the gym. Most in attendance for both matches were parents and friends of the players and I know the TACA officials wished there had been more general support for the matches to help the gate receipts.

Without being too critical, they may have done it too themselves but evidently it could have been a fundraiser for Centy if they did't have the Volleyball Association hung around their neck. There has to be another way of handling the situation except the way they did it. This poster will say this, they put it in 11AAA territory and the majority that must have shown up was from there as were the players. That did work. But this doesn't give this poster a very good feeling. Especially since VB is the fastest growing HS sport in Tennessee. AAA must have been too dominent in the area.

Hailey Wiggins- Trevecca

I believe the Swindell girl is going to MS State?

Also the Chattanooga Teams have a Tennessee-Georgia match that may keep some of the Chatt girls from wanting to participate in another event.

For middle T this age group has always been a little thin compared to other years. We used to get more girls from Memphis, but this may be a down year for them in respect to Seniors. I agree I wish some DB girls had come ... maybe travel issues don't know.

It will be a fun weekend for the ones chosen who agreed to come. See you Saturday at Centennial.

Amber Turner (West A-AA Setter) has signed with Freed Hardeman

Amber Turner (West A-AA Setter) has signed with Freed Hardeman

In addition to Amber Turner, Freed Hardeman loaded up this year with Morgan Faulkner from Siegel, Carisa Fosher from Crowley Ridge Academy and Rachael Prince from Perry High School. It seemed to be a very good year for the Lions. Freed Hardeman and the rest of the TranSouth Athletic Congerence can be followed on CoachT.com Exclusive Board under NAIA. The rest of the schools, most who are located in Tennessee, are Trevecca, lambuth, Cumberland, Union, Bethel, Crichton and Martin in Tennessee along with Lyon in Arkansas and MidContinent in Kentucky. There is a possibility that Fisk also might join that conference.

Freed Hardeman was co-winner of the Transouth Conference with Martin last year and winner of the TranSouth Tournament at the end of the year. Conference teams carry many Tennessee players that played on Tennessee teams.