Lacrosse

HHSSoccerFanatic

I know Notre Dame started both a boy's and a girl's team in the last year or two. I don't know if it yet has enough critical mass to warrent being a TSSAA sport. Compare it to swimming, which is also a non-TSSAA sport, but is probably larger in Tennessee tha Lacrosse.

If/when Lacrosse grows, it will become a TSSAA sport. Lacking that shouldn't be a hinderance....

I know Notre Dame started both a boy's and a girl's team in the last year or two. I don't know if it yet has enough critical mass to warrent being a TSSAA sport. Compare it to swimming, which is also a non-TSSAA sport, but is probably larger in Tennessee tha Lacrosse.

If/when Lacrosse grows, it will become a TSSAA sport. Lacking that shouldn't be a hinderance....

According to an article in the local paper The Dunlap Tribune. Sequatchie County is starting up a Lacrosse club (team). To get a jump on it eventually becoming a TSSAA sport.

It says "The SCHS boys team is the thirty-first boys team in the state and the third public school in East Tennessee, The girls team is the twenty-eighth in the state and the first public school lacrosse program in East Tennessee." I would link the article but as for as I know they don't yet have a website. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I want to see opinions on what people think. I personally think lacrosse should be a TSSAA sport. It has a growing interest at Hendersonville and many other schools in Sumner County. What do you think?

i personally do not think lacrosse should be sanctioned even with as big as it is becoming. the tssaa will hinder how much teams can do together such as camps and summer teams/winter indoor. also the amount of out of state games will severely drop. this may not be an issue for DII schools but when you look at teams such as mccallie who play about as many in state games as out of state games it becomes an issue. right now the tsla is doing a fine job at growing the sport and allowing for the highest level of competition. the only good sides of tssaa i see are more support from schools to teams such as facilites and money but other than that there isnt a whole lot of good that would come from sanctioning

i personally do not think lacrosse should be sanctioned even with as big as it is becoming. the tssaa will hinder how much teams can do together such as camps and summer teams/winter indoor. also the amount of out of state games will severely drop. this may not be an issue for DII schools but when you look at teams such as mccallie who play about as many in state games as out of state games it becomes an issue. right now the tsla is doing a fine job at growing the sport and allowing for the highest level of competition. the only good sides of tssaa i see are more support from schools to teams such as facilites and money but other than that there isnt a whole lot of good that would come from sanctioning

i agree with this. as cool as it would be for it to finally be reconized. we wouldn be able to do near as much as we are allowed to bein non tssaa

• 2 weeks later...

I want to see opinions on what people think. I personally think lacrosse should be a TSSAA sport. It has a growing interest at Hendersonville and many other schools in Sumner County. What do you think?

Absolutely not. No question. What would the advantages be for the teams? They would have less control over schedules, and out of town games/tournaments would have to be cleared by the TSSAA. People say that the TSSAA would help fund the teams, but let's be real, would it make a big difference? I think most people don't play lacrosse because they aren't interested in playing lacrosse, not because they can't afford it. Besides, teams now already do fundraisers to raise they're own money and it's very, very doable. Even TSSAA sanctioned teams do fundraisers... What does that say about the funding? It says that it's not that much. At least, it says that to me. I heard somewhere that head coaches vote every so often on whether or not to become TSSAA sanctioned, because I'm almost positive the offer has been extended to the sport, but they always vote No, because the TSLA does a good job of handling the sport.

All the TSSAA does is take money out of the sport by "taxing" every team that plays. They are state employees who are looking for $$$ to fund their overhead. They make up a bunch of useless regulations so that they can have a job of enforcing them. The TSLA is doing a fine job.

Here is an example of TSSAA greed. The state football championship games, formerly The Clinic Bowl, used to be put on by volunteers with the proceeds going to Children's Hospital. Ronnie Carter and TSSAA took over the games and now the proceeds go to line the pockets of the lazy-###### TSSAA workers. Money taken from sick children.

They refuse to release any financial statements or budgets to the public. All very secretive. Swimming, hockey and lacrosse are all doing fine without TSSAA.

Lacrosse would regret the day they got involved with TSSAA.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep TSSAA out of it. One of the things that will happen is the DII schools will have to play each other for "Their Championship" and the Publics will have to play each other for theirs. You can forget about the schools being divided the way they are now.

And I won't get to broadcast the championships and you won't get to watch them for free. But maybe they can be broadcast by the company that did the DII wrestling...hand picked by (fill in the blank), Take your money, you miss most of the matches and they'll give you something else to ease your frustration (the ol'Bait and Switch)/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

And lets have the championship on the weekend of the 15th and 16th of May, I have the 8th, 9th, and 10th booked! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dean