Greenbrier Volleyball: Power or 1 Hit Wonder

BruinBabe

Are you high! I didn't start this thread, nor do I "rant." You and 5 sport live on these boards. Dads, get a life. You don't even have kids in high school any more. This is sad. There is more to life than high school sports. I am sure you are making your daughters proud!

The question was a great question, and I responded.

Is UNLV a traditional power? I say no. Winning a title is not enough? I think PH is right, it is a multitude of factors:

1)How many state play-offs;

2)How many all-state or college players come from the program;

3)What is the win %;

4)Is the schools success linked to (1) group of players;

5)Do they have a complete program, ie. booster support, middle school programs ect.;

Under your analogy all it takes is to win a state championship. You are wrong, that was a great TEAM, not a great PROGRAM.

Honestly, do you think Greenbrier is a better volleyball program than Ooltewah or Seigal neither of which has won a state championship. Come on. You guys are probably in your 50's. Had you even watched volleyball before your kids played?

At Page it took us years to establish our program, as in about 12 of them! We started with a great group of players, then when they left we kept it going through multiple coaching changes. We have alot of interest. You guys had 2 years in the history of your school, and that was caused because you had 2 big time players come through together. No Arnold twins, and there is no discussion.

"Live on these boards". My total number of posts on volleyball would be considered moderate at best, so I think you are a little overemotional and exagerrate on whatever topic you address. I never stated that Greenbrier is better or worse than any other program in the state, you said that. But they have two titles, right. Try and calm down a little. Leave the emotions to the players. :)

Edited by stbulldog

I think the 25 year old club coach is much calmer than a 50+ year old man getting on high school boards to talk girls volleyball. Little creepy.

I re read these posts and nothing negative about Greenbrier was said by me.

What else were you doing in the 70's? Wasn't disco big! Tell me you don't have a bushy stache and wear a warm-up suit!

Were you a good underhand server? Hey, what offense did you run in the 70's, the 6-0 where whoever is in the middle set? Did you vote for Nixon?

I agree with 1 hit wonder status. It takes more than a championship to be a championship caliber program.

Coach talks alot about the history of volleyball in TN. She was around when it began. East Ridge is a volleyball power and Coach Neely is like Coach Paterno at Penn State!

GPS and Baylor are becoming programs. Oolteawah has earned program status.

Coach would say that Father Ryan; Anderson County; Sullivan South, Brentwood and Page are powerhouse programs that shouls always be respected. Like us, they may have a down year now and then, but they show up to fight hard every match, and more ofton than not they will beat you.

Greenbrier is alot like Hume Fogg who had a good run with a great team. One hit wonder.

I think the 25 year old club coach is much calmer than a 50+ year old man getting on high school boards to talk girls volleyball. Little creepy.

What else were you doing in the 70's? Wasn't disco big! Tell me you don't have a bushy stache and wear a warm-up suit!

Were you a good underhand server? Hey, what offense did you run in the 70's, the 6-0 where whoever is in the middle set? Did you vote for Nixon?

I never stated I was male, what are you talking about. 50 plus, take some math courses. 25yr old coach, not according to your profile, you are over 40. You state that older posters are creepy, Phil Hargis is over seventy, you owe him an apology. Since you asked, no, no mustache, hope you can say the same. And no warm-up suit, surely hope you can say the same. What do you coach, inquiring minds would like to know. And no matter what you or East Ridger posts, Greenbrier has two back to back titles, as many as East Ridge. Since the future has not played out as yet, my position remains the same, How can anyone call any team a one hit wonder till at least ten years have gone by to see if in fact it plays out that way. You could use the same train of thought concerning Page, they haven't won anything since 2004, six years ago. Were they a four hit wonder, time will tell. I am speaking of titles, not winning some play-day or weekend tournament which as we all know is forgotton very quickly. Nobody has posted that Page was a fly by in the early 2000's but now is just another team, because in order to post that, feelings of envy,jealously, or just gross immaturity would have to belong to the poster. Greenbrier won their second title just two seasons ago, how long has it been for Page. I don't see anyone dissing them. So this whole thread was started for what reason, thats what is creepy as you put it. Perhaps some hormonal pills would help. :roflol:

Edited by stbulldog

I agree with 1 hit wonder status. It takes more than a championship to be a championship caliber program.

Coach talks alot about the history of volleyball in TN. She was around when it began. East Ridge is a volleyball power and Coach Neely is like Coach Paterno at Penn State!

GPS and Baylor are becoming programs. Oolteawah has earned program status.

Coach would say that Father Ryan; Anderson County; Sullivan South, Brentwood and Page are powerhouse programs that shouls always be respected. Like us, they may have a down year now and then, but they show up to fight hard every match, and more ofton than not they will beat you.

Greenbrier is alot like Hume Fogg who had a good run with a great team. One hit wonder.

I think you mean two hit wonder, since they won back to back state championships. Same number of titles as East Ridge, right. :D

As always in these situations, history will end the arguments in a few years. it is obvious that two wins in a row says something and if a school can maintain some phase of performance over time, it will mean something else. ER is already there but in jeopardy of losing "forever" status due to population. Coach Neeley will never lose her status because she has lived and is living her status with things more than a record with the school. In Chattanooga, the Brocks are the same way and heading down that sme trail. Peigren is the same name that is heading there. Chattanooga will feel the same way likely about the retired Coaches from other schools and their school.

Not posting in a disparaging way in any manner, my respect with the current coach at Greenbrier is very high but even she would say, I would think, that her feat to help guide GB there are thru that time, and her recognition will have to bear over a greater amount of time for her sport. Her record with her schools record and its continual trek tward status is futures. Doing anything like that once is part of Tennessee History like Linden Boys Basketball in the 1950s and its legendary coach, right Ben and Albert. All of this is futures although some is past being futures. There are Coaches in every part of the State right now that are continuing their trek and although their school may have lost its status due to location, their personal status and influence keeps on rocking. Coach Neeley has set a very high bar of performance with time and performance at ER. There are certainly others that may not have the same advantage at one school in this mobile society but are worthy. So lets stop beating each other up.Partison posting is fine but there are others.

5 sport, you and stbulldog are 2 of the biggest haters on here. Maybe the "drama" was caused by you trying to live through your kid? Or was it you having her play 5 sports?

Keep ranting, just proves the point even more!

Are you high! I didn't start this thread, nor do I "rant." You and 5 sport live on these boards. Dads, get a life. You don't even have kids in high school any more. This is sad. There is more to life than high school sports. I am sure you are making your daughters proud!

The question was a great question, and I responded.

Is UNLV a traditional power? I say no. Winning a title is not enough? I think PH is right, it is a multitude of factors:

1)How many state play-offs;

2)How many all-state or college players come from the program;

3)What is the win %;

4)Is the schools success linked to (1) group of players;

5)Do they have a complete program, ie. booster support, middle school programs ect.;

Under your analogy all it takes is to win a state championship. You are wrong, that was a great TEAM, not a great PROGRAM.

Honestly, do you think Greenbrier is a better volleyball program than Ooltewah or Seigal neither of which has won a state championship. Come on. You guys are probably in your 50's. Had you even watched volleyball before your kids played?

At Page it took us years to establish our program, as in about 12 of them! We started with a great group of players, then when they left we kept it going through multiple coaching changes. We have alot of interest. You guys had 2 years in the history of your school, and that was caused because you had 2 big time players come through together. No Arnold twins, and there is no discussion.

Newbie nut-case ranter... What tha heck?!

Since you're providing us with your seemingly FBI-profiler expertise, please allow me to do the same for you:

You're probably a bench warmer from the early 2000's championship-run teams (won anymore? :roflolk: ) that wants to claim success, but was never actually good enough to even get in the rotation. Probably intelligent enough to barely put two sentences together and the coach only allowed you to be on the team because of some 'connection' (parents, sister, uncle, cousin...you know, since we are in the South). Probably think you're better than you ever were, but still livin' the 'dream' coachin' and makin' the BIG bucks...yeah, RIGHT! Probably - no I KNOW this for a fact - making PageMan wince at your claiming to even be from Page, kinda like what normal and reasonable Brentwood people think about BruinBabe. Tell us, WHAT, exactly, have y'all done since 2003...in ANY sport? And what about that coaching revolving door you have down there? Sounds like Page is in the 1-hit wonder category themselves! Even if you made State every year, you still can't seem to close the deal, huh? Talk about a shallow 'program'...

As for ERidger, say what?! How many back-in-the-day championships do YOU have? 2! Same as Greenbrier...'cept your trophies are all dusty and old, kinda like your gym (believe me, we've seen it). And hasn't your coach been there for like 50 years? Talk about a 'dry spell'... Not a very good championship ratio, huh? Out of respect for Coach Neely, I won't even mention y'alls hair-styles...but ba-hyyyy :roflol:!

Fargis,

Stay out of this heat. Get you some lemonade, son, and go sit in an air-conditioned room preferably with a well-cushioned La-Z-boy and padded walls. Everything's gonna be alright, I promise.

This has been fun, but I'm not gonna continue to defend a program that doesn't need it. We've won WAY more than we've lost and we graduate some pretty good children. But keep bringing the jealousy...it's actually entertaining for some of us. :thumb:

Your daughter must be proud! You force her to play 5 sports; several of which she quits because of "drama" probably caused by you. Years later you still spend your time on a high school sports board making fun of everybody, including Coach Neely who has done more for the young women, and volleyball, in this state than anyone I know.

Seriously, you are a parent. Do you teach your daughter to make fun of people for no reason? When did this become ok?

5-sport, you must be a sad and lonely man.

Dear :wacko: profiler/stalker,(I love this!, but you continue to be personal, so...)

She played 3 (I have other children that play different sports, genius), but cried herself to sleep every night because there was only 24 hrs. in the day and she couldn't play more. Get this: She was All-State in 2 of 'em. Now how hard do you think that was...considering you were just a spectator ( :P )? The sad part is she'll never know what it was like from your point-of-view. SAD! I tell ya!!

You reference the Bible. Do you believe? If so how can you justify making fun of Coach Neely and the people from East Ridge.

Do you think you are being a good father teaching you children to make fun of people because of how they look?

Whooooooo, Weeeeeeeeeeeee, now someone is bringing scripture in to diss an individual that by their description of the individual clearly shows they know nothing about them. Come-on Former Pageplayer, take the high road and admit that this thread should never have been started. As Phil Hargis posted, history will tell the tale, so go learn some new techniques, the team you support needs them. :D

Yes. She has a 'Fro,' which you probably don't like either because you mocked and made fun of 'stbulldog' for being old-school. To be so smart, you sure do have a bad memory:

No.

GO 'Cats!