Maryville vs. William Blount

rebeldadtimes2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville needs a complete game and needs to stop putting the ball on the ground. It would be nice not to see so many yellow flags on the ground also.I don't believe I have erer seen a Maryville & William Blount week that was so quiet. Good luck to both teams but just a little more luck goes to the rebels.

MHS : 31

WBHS : 14

Maryville needs a complete game and needs to stop putting the ball on the ground. It would be nice not to see so many yellow flags on the ground also.I don't believe I have erer seen a Maryville & William Blount week that was so quiet. Good luck to both teams but just a little more luck goes to the rebels.

MHS : 31

WBHS : 14

It certainly has been quiet Rebel9. Not a whole lot to say on behalf of us William Blount fans. It's a typical "David vs Goliath" match-up for us. Maryville is busy proving to all the folks who said for years that they needed to "play up with the big boys" that they are indeed capable of doing that. Runners-up last year; ranked number #1 in the state 6A currently; and definitely a favorite to win it all I believe. Having said that ... it seems from talking to some of my Maryville "insiders" that the Rebels are not playing their best football right now. These last two regular season match-ups vs WB and Lenoir City should give them a good opportunity to straighten some things out and get ready for the play-offs.

For the Governors ... they continue to try to get back to the level of respectability that they had gained as a program in the early through mid 2000's. Lots of good young talent at WB right now. A lot of sophomores and juniors have excelled at times for the Govs during the season. After an inauspicious start against Sevier County, the Gov's have played some solid football. Losing their last two games by a total of 5 points ... both games which they could have won take away a couple of crucial mistakes ... their record could easily be 5-3, instead of 3-5. But it's not--what's the old saying: "If if's and but's were candy and nuts."

It will be good to host the Rebels, after having to play at their place two years in a row due to the redistricting that occurred a couple of years ago. I'm sure the place will be all pumped up and I can guarantee you that the young Governors will come out with a "nothing to lose attitude." Hopefully we'll have an injury-free game and the Govs will play in a way that will force the Rebels to play their best football.

Looking forward to welcoming you, Stars, MLReb, GreyRider, fatherreb, RebelRon, PepVol, MHS82, rebeldadtimes2, Rebelsman, Red Rebels, Solomon, mhs, oldrebel, OldRebel2, ClemsonDad, and all my other Maryville friends to the beautiful Mike White Field on the campus of William Blount High School! If you get a chance, stick your head in the pressbox door (I promise you won't get punched) and say hello. I'm right by the door on the lower level on the visitors end of the stadium.

Good luck to both teams and GO GOVS! Let's shock the world Friday Night!!! :flower:

Don't think Maryville will have much trouble in this one. I predicted before the season that with the changes made at WB, they would finish 5-5, winning the games they should win and being much more competitive in the games against Maryville, SC, Bearden, Farragut, and Catholic. Well they have already gave two of the games away that they should have won and have been blown off the field against SC and Bearden. They were very competitive against Catholic, actually had a chance of winning that one if not for crucial mistakes at costly times. Right there in the middle of the year with Catholic and then against HHS, WB actually looked like they were turning the corner and then against West and LC, the wheels have just run off. We will hope they turn things around the last two games but it looks as if it is going to be the same old song and dance. Honest prediction: Maryville 38 WB 7

It certainly has been quiet Rebel9. Not a whole lot to say on behalf of us William Blount fans. It's a typical "David vs Goliath" match-up for us. Maryville is busy proving to all the folks who said for years that they needed to "play up with the big boys" that they are indeed capable of doing that. Runners-up last year; ranked number #1 in the state 6A currently; and definitely a favorite to win it all I believe. Having said that ... it seems from talking to some of my Maryville "insiders" that the Rebels are not playing their best football right now. These last two regular season match-ups vs WB and Lenoir City should give them a good opportunity to straighten some things out and get ready for the play-offs.

For the Governors ... they continue to try to get back to the level of respectability that they had gained as a program in the early through mid 2000's. Lots of good young talent at WB right now. A lot of sophomores and juniors have excelled at times for the Govs during the season. After an inauspicious start against Sevier County, the Gov's have played some solid football. Losing their last two games by a total of 5 points ... both games which they could have won take away a couple of crucial mistakes ... their record could easily be 5-3, instead of 3-5. But it's not--what's the old saying: "If if's and but's were candy and nuts."

It will be good to host the Rebels, after having to play at their place two years in a row due to the redistricting that occurred a couple of years ago. I'm sure the place will be all pumped up and I can guarantee you that the young Governors will come out with a "nothing to lose attitude." Hopefully we'll have an injury-free game and the Govs will play in a way that will force the Rebels to play their best football.

Looking forward to welcoming you, Stars, MLReb, GreyRider, fatherreb, RebelRon, PepVol, MHS82, rebeldadtimes2, Rebelsman, Red Rebels, Solomon, mhs, oldrebel, OldRebel2, ClemsonDad, and all my other Maryville friends to the beautiful Mike White Field on the campus of William Blount High School! If you get a chance, stick your head in the pressbox door (I promise you won't get punched) and say hello. I'm right by the door on the lower level on the visitors end of the stadium.

Good luck to both teams and GO GOVS! Let's shock the world Friday Night!!! :flower:

Not sure I will get to the game at this time but thanks for the invite. You did a great jom on FNG and they should have you back at least once a year. Your Goves will get to where they want to be if the coaching staff will just stay together and build the program. I hope for the kids, players and non players that this will happen with the coaches you have now. Starting over every 2 to 3 years is to hard to overcome.

I've actually not made a game this year.

Depending on if Mrs. Sol will let me out of the house or not, I may just try to come over for this one.

If you get a chance, stick your head in the pressbox door (I promise you won't get punched) and say hello. I'm right by the door on the lower level on the visitors end of the stadium.

:roflol: Good one Govman !! LOL ! Just to be on the safe side me , Rebelron ,& Starz are gonna bring Helmets and Mouthpieces if we say Hi ! :roflol:

I agree with Rebel9 in that we need to play a Complete game and quit making so many mistakes . I've heard through the Grapevine that a few of our players are really beating themselves up , and their confidence might not be where it was ..... Well I believe in this team and I think if this team just works hard to keep improving every week , we'll be right back In Cookeville again this year . Not having Desmond Horne makes a huge difference too , our guys need to remember we beat some good teams without our best Playmaker . I could point out several years where Maryville had bad games where they struggled during the season , yet went on to win it all . Even some of our greatest teams we've had either lost ( Mo West ) or barely scraped by ( Central ... a couple of times ... Brainerd ..) during the march to the State Championship .

As long as this team plays sharp , and limits their mistakes this team can beat anybody in the State .