BLACKMAN VS RIVERDALE

pattonboysdad

This is clearly a David vs Goliath scenario...unfortunately Riverdale's lost their sling-shot. I'm not sure why we even bother to play this game.

Regardless of the Warrior's slim chances, some of us will come out to provide support. That being the case, can we get tickets in advance at Blackman and/or Riverdale?

BTW, that site that can't be mentioned on here has Blackman as a nine point pick. I'm a little surprised as I expected it to be at least 14.

This is clearly a David vs Goliath scenario...unfortunately Riverdale's lost their sling-shot. I'm not sure why we even bother to play this game.

Regardless of the Warrior's slim chances, some of us will come out to provide support. That being the case, can we get tickets in advance at Blackman and/or Riverdale?

BTW, that site that can't be mentioned on here has Blackman as a nine point pick. I'm a little surprised as I expected it to be at least 14.

not sure it's a david and goliath at all...if riverdale can take oakland to 3 overtimes i know they can play with us toe to toe...riverdale has a great running game that can rack up the points...HUGE defensive lineman...good run defense and a QB that does not play like a sophomore...and the wingT scares me... :shock: (see navy vs. notre dame for how effective a unique option type offense can be)...

i'm glad we are playing at home...and i hope the sky falls out with rain on friday... :mrgreen: we like mud vs the wing!

p.s. i would call the school at 904-3850 to find out about advanced tickets!

Edited by pattonboysdad

not sure it's a david and goliath at all...if riverdale can take oakland to 3 overtimes i know they can play with us toe to toe...riverdale has a great running game that can rack up the points...HUGE defensive lineman...good run defense and a QB that does not play like a sophomore...and the wingT scares me... :shock: (see navy vs. notre dame for how effective a unique option type offense can be)...

i'm glad we are playing at home...and i hope the sky falls out with rain on friday... :mrgreen: we like mud vs the wing!

p.s. i would call the school at 904-3850 to find out about advanced tickets!

That game was horrible. I sat through three qts with someones umbrella draining into my lap and the weekend in bed sick. Good times. If it rains i take the mud by a touchdown.

Is just me or has this game lost some flair here on Coach-T over last year? Last year the Group over at Riverdale High talked much more smack. Where is the 'Oh- but Blackman has not played anybody & Yea but it was raining"

My guess is that over the years when the Warriors knew that they were in trouble have learned to lay low.

Please, Please if Riverdale wins don't post after the fact. Come on bring out the 'Blackman has only won one regular season game in the history of the school".

The streak is now One. This game could very well determine the post season seeding for both schools.

Let's have some fun!

its just you...unfortuantly over the past 3-5 years there have been far fewer RIVERDALE fans on coacht so you only have a couple of the "old faithful" and all of us always give respect to our opponents while there may be some tounge and cheek moments that we cut up with each other on we have always been respectful...i can say however that the only time you see blackman people is when they win when they lose no where to be found but no matter what RIVERDALE does on friday night i will be on here usually with a post there has been a game or 2 that i decided not to post on so i didnt say anything "wrong" as everyone knows who RIVERDALEMAN is. also our streak is also now 1 since we won the LAST game

its just you...unfortuantly over the past 3-5 years there have been far fewer RIVERDALE fans on coacht so you only have a couple of the "old faithful" and all of us always give respect to our opponents while there may be some tounge and cheek moments that we cut up with each other on we have always been respectful...i can say however that the only time you see blackman people is when they win when they lose no where to be found but no matter what RIVERDALE does on friday night i will be on here usually with a post there has been a game or 2 that i decided not to post on so i didnt say anything "wrong" as everyone knows who RIVERDALEMAN is. also our streak is also now 1 since we won the LAST game

i've been around through thick and thin! :flower:

come see me at 5:30 at the tower for tailgate...

PBD

Regarding youth, inexperience, and the game.

I made this point before the Oakland game and it's worth repeating here. Riverdale does play some young players at key spots. However, along the line of scrimmage with the big guys up front, Riverdale is experienced and is led by a strong group of seniors. Riverdale's youth and inexperience is mostly in the skill positions. Any game where you can hold your own on the line of scrimmage you have a chance to win.

Riverdale is very capable of winning this game but only if they come out and play for all 48 minutes. The team hasn't played with intensity for an entire game this season. The Warriors also need to find some consistency in special teams.

My picks for this week:

Siegel over Lavergne (Lavergne pulling the upset wouldn't surprise me at all)

Smyrna over Oakland (Smyrna's skill people are very, very good)

Riverdale over Blackman (this game could be very close or a blow out either way)

And just "WHY" are we having to rely on Freshmen and Sophmores? <_<

Why is the Freshmen team down to two coaches?

This and other things is the almost total lack of attention to detail that is making folks mad and non supportive of the current coaching staff. Yes they are 'Good' men, but when will they win it all? Its been 6 years since a title. The next month will tell the tale of almost or Champions again!

The program has fallen off in all aspects, conditioning, work ethic, communication. The lack of developement goes back to the middle school level. No player developement, No JV games, No conditioning. The total program has become soft under Coach A. It's time to start asking the tough questions!! Can Coach A win? Does close but no cigar every year something we should settle for? We need to look at the total package of this program from Middle School on up. We are in a great position for the future with the new Stewarts Creek High School pulling from Blackman and Smyrna. Its time for the supporters to start speaking up with there wallets and demand a product thats worth there investment!!

And just "WHY" are we having to rely on Freshmen and Sophmores? <_<

Why is the Freshmen team down to two coaches?

This and other things is the almost total lack of attention to detail that is making folks mad and non supportive of the current coaching staff. Yes they are 'Good' men, but when will they win it all? Its been 6 years since a title. The next month will tell the tale of almost or Champions again!

The program has fallen off in all aspects, conditioning, work ethic, communication. The lack of developement goes back to the middle school level. No player developement, No JV games, No conditioning. The total program has become soft under Coach A. It's time to start asking the tough questions!! Can Coach A win? Does close but no cigar every year something we should settle for? We need to look at the total package of this program from Middle School on up. We are in a great position for the future with the new Stewarts Creek High School pulling from Blackman and Smyrna. Its time for the supporters to start speaking up with there wallets and demand a product thats worth there investment!!

Excellent, and very valid, questions/observations to pursue after the season is over.

There is a very big game coming up Friday and hopefully everyone gets out and supports the team.

Excellent, and very valid, questions/observations to pursue after the season is over.

There is a very big game coming up Friday and hopefully everyone gets out and supports the team.

I can't come down but always do support the Warriors! I listen to all the games on the internet. Also get score updates from WGNS! GO WARRIORS! :hungry::thumb: