GIVE THE BALL to Kelly Washington!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gomab2

Give the dam* ball to Kelly Washington more often!!! How can he have ZERO receptions in the first half against Rutgers??? You saw what he can do, via the second half (197 yard in a half). Kelly is THE best reciever in the country, and could put up PHENOMINAL numbers: just give him the ball and watch UT flourish......

Posted by gomab2:

Give the dam* ball to Kelly Washington more often!!! How can he have ZERO receptions in the first half against Rutgers??? You saw what he can do, via the second half (197 yard in a half). Kelly is THE best reciever in the country, and could put up PHENOMINAL numbers: just give him the ball and watch UT flourish......

He's not the best receiver on UT (that would be Witten), much less the country. Not to mention what Taylor Jacobs did to the Vols alleged defense. UT has to find a running back if they want to play on New Year's Day. Right now the Music City Bowl may be their only hope of playing in any bowl game.

He's not the best receiver on UT (that would be Witten), much less the country. Not to mention what Taylor Jacobs did to the Vols alleged defense. UT has to find a running back if they want to play on New Year's Day. Right now the Music City Bowl may be their only hope of playing in any bowl game.

Swamp, You must have something against UT! I will say the reason he had only one reception is because Rutgers was putting two DB's on him and in the second half Tennessee went to the spread offense and that opened it up for him. Now Kelly Washington without a doubt is one of the two best recievers in the country Charles Rodgers at Michigan St. is with him both will probably be Top 10 Picks in the NFL Draft! :o

Look at his stats for just two games he already leads the team in recieving yards. 14 catches for 299 yards and a TD if he had been playing in every game he would easily have already over 500 yards recieving

[Edited by Sequatchie on 10-4-02 11:40P]

Nope, I'm a UT fan, but I'm a realist. KW needs to shut up and play. What if's don't mean much to me. The only stat that matters to me so far is 17-30 L to Florida, and the fact that UT can't run the ball. Their are 2 people in the country that think KW is the best receiver in the country: kelly washington and you.

As for what would have happened if...

"If a frog had wings...."

[Edited by swamp on 10-5-02 8:15P]

Posted by swamp:

Nope, I'm a UT fan, but I'm a realist. KW needs to shut up and play. What if's don't mean much to me. The only stat that matters to me so far is 17-30 L to Florida, and the fact that UT can't run the ball. Their are 2 people in the country that think KW is the best receiver in the country: kelly washington and you.

So the NFL don't think Kelly Washington is going to be a Top 10 pick?? I can't find a better reciever anywhere other than Rodgers at Mich. St.!

Posted by Sequatchie:
Posted by swamp:

So the NFL don't think Kelly Washington is going to be a Top 10 pick?? I can't find a better reciever anywhere other than Rodgers at Mich. St.!

Well, that means KW isn't the best, then, doesn't it? I don't know if he'll be a top 10 pick or not. It's too hard to tell. Nobody thought the Colts would take Edgerrin James over Ricky Williams, either.

Posted by swamp:

Just a correction, it was 13-30.

Posted by KevB1990:
Posted by swamp:

Just a correction, it was 13-30.

Thanks for the info...

swamp isn't too smart on here. How could you honestly dog Kelley Washington??? It is clear that he and Rogers are the two best recievers in the country. Who's better? Take your pick. Whitten is a TE, and should be making a ton of money on Sunday's as well.....

And as for Tyler Jacobs torching UT's secondary..... Who hasn't??? UT's secondary is pathetic; absolutely terrible....

Washington is the best reciever in the Nation, and he plays on a "running team" (UT is and always has been)....

The ONLY good point swamp made (and in other posts, you make good points; just not this one), is UT's lack of consistent running. For as much as we try to run the ball, it does not look good. It would help if our best RB (Houston) was healthy, obviously. Davis is strong, but mediocre. Tinsley is great on that screen pass, almost exclusively. Williams and Riggs haven't gotten a chance to get any rythm. Fleming is solid, but his best attribute is not running the football. I really like Cedric Houston's game, and if he comes back soon, I feel we should go with him almost exclusively. If he stays out for a while, that spot will remain weak (maybe Riggs is the answer).....

Posted by gomab2:

swamp isn't too smart on here. How could you honestly dog Kelley Washington??? It is clear that he and Rogers are the two best recievers in the country. Who's better? Take your pick. Whitten is a TE, and should be making a ton of money on Sunday's as well.....

And as for Tyler Jacobs torching UT's secondary..... Who hasn't??? UT's secondary is pathetic; absolutely terrible....

Washington is a great player, but the best in the country? I'm still not willing to say that. Not to mention what he's done to the chemistry of this team. Anyway, am I the only person who saw him backpedal to avoid taking a hit when he needed 2 more yards against GA? KW may not be the only one, but UT needs its mean streak back.

Washington is the best reciever in the Nation, and he plays on a "running team" (UT is and always has been)....

The ONLY good point swamp made (and in other posts, you make good points; just not this one), is UT's lack of consistent running. For as much as we try to run the ball, it does not look good. It would help if our best RB (Houston) was healthy, obviously. Davis is strong, but mediocre. Tinsley is great on that screen pass, almost exclusively. Williams and Riggs haven't gotten a chance to get any rythm. Fleming is solid, but his best attribute is not running the football. I really like Cedric Houston's game, and if he comes back soon, I feel we should go with him almost exclusively. If he stays out for a while, that spot will remain weak (maybe Riggs is the answer).....