Anyone know of the seeding or brackets for region 6

goblue1

If RW is healthy I think they could get 12 in and I think Overton will sneak in a few guys and I dont know much about Antioch but there 140 seems pretty good. I think that unfortunatley there will be a couple good wrestlers in 140 that get left out.

Who is Antioch's 140? Whoever he is, is nowhere near any of the 140's in this region. That weight class is stacked, and all that make state may have a chance to medal @ state. I see the Williamson Co. trifecta as the top 3 teams. Ravenwood, Franklin, Indy. Then its a crapshoot. I agree with the DCal person, Antioch could finish as high as 4th with 6-7 making state, or Overton, or Brentwood, or Centennial. @ most with Overton, I see their 103, 125, 189, and HWT making state. Antioch could, and I say could, have 103,119,125,130,160,189 make state. Centennial counters with 103,119,125,140,171. This should be interesting. Finalist will be known on Friday night, like in the old days. The best wrestling will be on Saturday. Good luck to all the teams.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be a bunch of great matches in almost every class. I only wish that they would hold the semis and finals on Sat (for championship)and not have the semis on Friday. It makes for a long day for those guys

Is this correct ? Is it this way in all regions ? Seems like it would be a gate killer

and concession killer day 2. Great for the kids and parents that finish top 4

and for kids and parents that do not ( as far as time and money.) Just seems odd to run a 2 day

event this way. When all year they were done with semi's and finals day 2. Is this a regional option or State rule. Please advise thanks...and good luck to all

Is this correct ? Is it this way in all regions ? Seems like it would be a gate killer

and for kids and parents that do not ( as far as time and money.) Just seems odd to run a 2 day

event this way. When all year they were done with semi's and finals day 2. Is this a regional option or State rule. Please advise thanks...and good luck to all

I think on Sat that they will also have the consilation rounds but the semis will be Friday and the championship round on Sat. Dont quote me but I think I read that it will work out this way.

I think on Sat that they will also have the consilation rounds but the semis will be Friday and the championship round on Sat. Dont quote me but I think I read that it will work out this way.

They do it to circumvent the 5 match rule, b/c sometimes in a 16-man tournament you can run into the 5-match limit. But that's not much different than how the State Individuals are run, with the finals and medal rounds on Saturday. So why the complaints?

Who is Antioch's 140? Whoever he is, is nowhere near any of the 140's in this region. That weight class is stacked, and all that make state may have a chance to medal @ state. I see the Williamson Co. trifecta as the top 3 teams. Ravenwood, Franklin, Indy. Then its a crapshoot. I agree with the DCal person, Antioch could finish as high as 4th with 6-7 making state, or Overton, or Brentwood, or Centennial. @ most with Overton, I see their 103, 125, 189, and HWT making state. Antioch could, and I say could, have 103,119,125,130,160,189 make state. Centennial counters with 103,119,125,140,171. This should be interesting. Finalist will be known on Friday night, like in the old days. The best wrestling will be on Saturday. Good luck to all the teams.

I am not sure of his name but he is pretty good (140)I know he has held his own against the WC 140's. I agree that Overton should sneak those three or four in but I dont see Antiochs 103 or 140 advancing. 140 is to stacked and at 103 I see Centennial, Indy, Overton, and probably RW or Franklin taking the 4th spot

I don't know the name of the Antioch 140, however I do know that he has a loss to Little's backup. Little's backup also has a close decision as a loss against Parker Smith (Centennial). Love (MLK) holds falls over Little (Indy) and Gray (Ravenwood) but got teched by Smith (Centennial) & Smith lost to Isbell twice, & Gray once. I believe that the best wrestlers go; Little, Gray, Smith, Love. I think that the Little Gray and Smith are all tossups, but Look for Love to steal the weight class possibly depending on the seeding. I don't see him beating Smith seeing how he got teched, but he has a good style against Little & Gray and depending on the seeding he could win the region. Personally, I would like the seeding to look like this...

1. Little

2. Love

3. Gray

4. Smith

Because thats how it should be do to past region placement, and this year. But I'm not sure how it's going to play out due to losses & like opponents, cause I also know that Love finished 5th or 6th at the Indy tournament, while Isbell finished 1st, and Little and Gray defeated Isbell this season.

Should be interesting........

PRT iii :flower:

Edited by PRTiii

I don't know the name of the Antioch 140, however I do know that he has a loss to Little's backup. Little's backup also has a close decision as a loss against Parker Smith (Centennial). Love (MLK) holds falls over Little (Indy) and Gray (Ravenwood) but got teched by Smith (Centennial) & Smith lost to Isbell twice, & Gray once. I believe that the best wrestlers go; Little, Gray, Smith, Love. I think that the Little Gray and Smith are all tossups, but Look for Love to steal the weight class possibly depending on the seeding. I don't see him beating Smith seeing how he got teched, but he has a good style against Little & Gray and depending on the seeding he could win the region. Personally, I would like the seeding to look like this...

1. Little

2. Love

3. Gray

4. Smith

Because thats how it should be do to past region placement, and this year. But I'm not sure how it's going to play out due to losses & like opponents, cause I also know that Love finished 5th or 6th at the Indy tournament, while Isbell finished 1st, and Little and Gray defeated Isbell this season.

PRT iii :flower:

I think head 2 head was one of the first criteria. Secondly, with Antioch, you must be talking about their 130/135 Ron Higdon. The 140 got bossed most of the season. Ha. Also at 103, no one has really seen Antioch because he has been at 112, is a solid 103, watch for him. The semis are being wrestled to avoid the 5 match rule. There may possibly be a consolation match or two on Friday, but not that likely. Also, watch out for E. Lit. Coach Whitaker always pulls a rabbit out around this time. Good wrestlers at 112, 119, 145, 171. They have a decent HWT as well. Could be one of those teams mentioned after RW, Frk, & Indy.

1. Little

2. Love

3. Gray

4. Smith

PRT iii :flower: Denzel

Okay this is how I look at it.... 140 is going to be the hardest weight class, its completely stacked. Idk about Antioch's 140 I mean I have seen all of Antioch's wrestlers and he is not just cold, but he has been looking a lot better finishing this year up. Some matches I cant wait to see.. Caldwell (Antioch) against Ike Amadi. It looks like they may meet each other in the semi finals because the seedings for 189 may look like this

1. Denzel Caldwell

2. Jimmy Fletcher

3.Ravenwood kid

4.Ike Amadi

Soo it looks like denzel and Ike are going to meet each other in the semi finals, and Ike has already won 2/3 of their matches. I wish the best for both wrestlers, but we will see what happens

I also want to see Love(MLK) and Smith(Centenial) go back at it. I highly doubt he will get teched again possibily not even lose. the seedings for 140 may end up like this:

1. Little

2. Love

3. Gray

4. Smith

Love may end up taking it all if wrestle smart at all times and be a complete wrestler and dont stick to one thing while on top.

The rest of the weight classes are pretty much going to be decided by seedings. Maybe except 152 160 and 130/135... mainy because the kids from Antioch Melson, and Ron have had some great highlights against some of the top people in the state. Ron mostly places at all the tourny's he has been to, as well as melson. The main factor for both of these wrestlers is what weight class they may end up wrestling at. Ron has been 130 most of the season but rumors that he may be going up, and Melson has been at 160 the whole season, but rumors that he may go down. Hey we wont know until the wrestling starts...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WRESTLERS!!!

Okay this is how I look at it.... 140 is going to be the hardest weight class, its completely stacked. Idk about Antioch's 140 I mean I have seen all of Antioch's wrestlers and he is not just cold, but he has been looking a lot better finishing this year up. Some matches I cant wait to see.. Caldwell (Antioch) against Ike Amadi. It looks like they may meet each other in the semi finals because the seedings for 189 may look like this

1. Denzel Caldwell

2. Jimmy Fletcher

3.Ravenwood kid

4.Ike Amadi

Soo it looks like denzel and Ike are going to meet each other in the semi finals, and Ike has already won 2/3 of their matches. I wish the best for both wrestlers, but we will see what happens

I also want to see Love(MLK) and Smith(Centenial) go back at it. I highly doubt he will get teched again possibily not even lose. the seedings for 140 may end up like this:

1. Little

2. Love

3. Gray

4. Smith

Love may end up taking it all if wrestle smart at all times and be a complete wrestler and dont stick to one thing while on top.

At 189, Amadi split matches with Venuit from Indy, so the 4 seed could go either way, and he lost in OT to Ravenwood.

140 is going to be interesting, as far as Love goes, if I had to pick him against Smith again I'd say how can you go from being teched to being picked to win. Who knows, Little beat Gray, Gray beat Smith, Smith beat Love, and Love beat Little and Gray. There's arguments for each of them. Since head to head, there's a case for each it'll probably go to region placing last year. Little is the only returning champ, so Im thinking he'll get one. Who knows what will happen to be completely honest. But if Love beats Little in the semis, he will have to face Smith (who already holds a tech over him) or Gray (who beat Smith) in the finals. I'm not going to say that he cant win it, but hes got a lot of work ahead of him.

Seeding meeting is tonight, we will find out then.

At 189, Amadi split matches with Venuit from Indy, so the 4 seed could go either way, and he lost in OT to Ravenwood.

140 is going to be interesting, as far as Love goes, if I had to pick him against Smith again I'd say how can you go from being teched to being picked to win. Who knows, Little beat Gray, Gray beat Smith, Smith beat Love, and Love beat Little and Gray. There's arguments for each of them. Since head to head, there's a case for each it'll probably go to region placing last year. Little is the only returning champ, so Im thinking he'll get one. Who knows what will happen to be completely honest. But if Love beats Little in the semis, he will have to face Smith (who already holds a tech over him) or Gray (who beat Smith) in the finals. I'm not going to say that he cant win it, but hes got a lot of work ahead of him.

Seeding meeting is tonight, we will find out then.

I agree with you. Amadi has had some questionable wins against Caldwell(Antioch). The last win against him was a rumor he won by a questionable caution penalty in OT with 5 seconds left and he won by 1 point for the penalty. Sad way to lose a match. But Caldwell is the top of this class and will win the region title as I see it.

140 is going to be the most interesting bracket of them all I think. We will have to see what happens, should be a great region tournament tomorrow. When brackets are posted will someone please post. Thank You.

1. Denzel Caldwell

2. Jimmy Fletcher

3.Ravenwood kid

4.Ike Amadi

1. Little

2. Love

3. Gray

4. Smith

The rest of the weight classes are pretty much going to be decided by seedings. Maybe except 152 160 and 130/135... mainy because the kids from Antioch Melson, and Ron have had some great highlights against some of the top people in the state. Ron mostly places at all the tourny's he has been to, as well as melson. The main factor for both of these wrestlers is what weight class they may end up wrestling at. Ron has been 130 most of the season but rumors that he may be going up, and Melson has been at 160 the whole season, but rumors that he may go down. Hey we wont know until the wrestling starts...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WRESTLERS!!!

Antioch's 130/135 I think has a better chance at placing at the region tournament this year then there 152/160. There 152/160 did not place at the Brentwood Tournament at all. He has a lot of work to do if he wants to place in the tournament tomorrow. Should one of the best region tournament's in the state.

Antioch's 130/135 I think has a better chance at placing at the region tournament this year then there 152/160. There 152/160 did not place at the Brentwood Tournament at all. He has a lot of work to do if he wants to place in the tournament tomorrow. Should one of the best region tournament's in the state.

is higdon 130 or 135?