Mt Pleasant vs Cheatham Co

wholder

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to seeing coach Smith bring his Mt. Pleasant Tigers to Ashland City this week to battle the Cubs. The Tigers have some major offensive firepower. Princeton Harlan is a Mr. Football hopeful. On the year he is 42/74 for 530 yards passing with 2 scores. He has also carried the football 61 times for 336 additional yards with 5 scores. He is like the "2nd Coming" of Marco Dailey. The Cubs defense will have to play hard to stop Harlan HOWEVER..........

The Tigers have plenty of other offensive weapons to get the football to:

Corey Webster: 13 catches for 214 yards and 2 touchdowns (also has 4 touchdown runs)

Courtney Webster: 7 catches for 76 yards

D. Webster: 9 catches for 91 yards

D. Owens: 8 catches for 99 yards

I am sure the Cubs coaches will be up all night this week trying to get a game plan in place that allows the boys the best possible chance to get a win in this one. Mt. Pleasant beat a talented Spring Hill team and lost to Cascade & Wayne County in heartbreakers.

The Cubs are coming off of their first win of the season by a 49-14 count (at Montgomery Central). In the game the Cubs threw for 3 touchdown passes and had 3 backs rush for right around 80 yards each. It was a great effort!

I definitely have not seen Cheatham Co. play so all I figured some of us would have to go on is stats to in the least get a feel for what they do.

First question though is who is CC's QB? #8 or #11? I noticed both have been in that posistion.

CC's record in three games so far is the same as MP. (1-2)

With CC winning last week against Montgomery Central 49-14. Losing first two games to Fairview 26-12 and Sycamore High 22-13

In all 3 games combined stats are.

Rushing

107 carries for 553 yards for 5 TD's.

#11 the work horse with 45 carries 1 TD

#24 with 31 carries 1 TD

#30 with 16 carries 3 TD's

Passing

25 attempts with 13 completions for 243 yards for 5 TD's only throwing 2 int.

#8, #11, #44 being some of the main go to guys but a few others in the mix as well.

Looking as though CC is mainly a running team with some pass capabilities, it's just when they do throw it usually means throwing for a TD. Roughly half of their completions went for TD's.

No defensive stats found or reported.

Looks to be yet another good team MP has to face. CC seems to have several to get the ball to. Should get interesting.

Edited by mpTigerClaw

Looking forward to seeing coach Smith bring his Mt. Pleasant Tigers to Ashland City this week to battle the Cubs. The Tigers have some major offensive firepower. Princeton Harlan is a Mr. Football hopeful. On the year he is 42/74 for 530 yards passing with 2 scores. He has also carried the football 61 times for 336 additional yards with 5 scores. He is like the "2nd Coming" of Marco Dailey. The Cubs defense will have to play hard to stop Harlan HOWEVER..........

I like the kid as an athlete...I really do, but that is a long stretch IMO. Marco was on a whole diff. level of runnin...maybe not passin...but for sure runnin. This may be the wrong thing to ask but why did he just walk off without shakin hands last friday...it showd no class. You need to be better than that to be a leader and his position is all about bein a leader!

Anyway, I think that Harlan will be to much and MtP will get the win and start their win streak.

I like the kid as an athlete...I really do, but that is a long stretch IMO. Marco was on a whole diff. level of runnin...maybe not passin...but for sure runnin. This may be the wrong thing to ask but why did he just walk off without shakin hands last friday...it showd no class. You need to be better than that to be a leader and his position is all about bein a leader!

Anyway, I think that Harlan will be to much and MtP will get the win and start their win streak.

My guess is that he was heart broken. I saw him turn around at the edge of the field and walk back into the line. I assumed he shook hands...are you saying that he walked through the line and didn't? :unsure:

My guess is that he was heart broken. I saw him turn around at the edge of the field and walk back into the line. I assumed he shook hands...are you saying that he walked through the line and didn't? :unsure:

Someone pointed out to me that he was walkin off without goin through the line and I didn't look anymore. So, if he did go back than I didn't notice and I was just askin why.

Someone pointed out to me that he was walkin off without goin through the line and I didn't look anymore. So, if he did go back than I didn't notice and I was just askin why.

Yeah...he went back. I was afraid you were saying that he walked through the line and refused to shake...He plays with all his heart and loses like that are rough on anybody. He's a kid and still learning...all we can do is try to guide.

Yeah...he went back. I was afraid you were saying that he walked through the line and refused to shake...He plays with all his heart and loses like that are rough on anybody. He's a kid and still learning...all we can do is try to guide.

I agree...emotions can run high in close games like that....especially with two good teams that rival each other. He is a good athlete and I wish him the best. Good luck this week. :thumb:

Good game CC. You guys have a well rounded team. Stats said so and you proved the stats to be true. Goood luck the rest of the season.

MP, I guess it don't matter if your a run game one man show or a well balanced pass/run one man show. It looked as though tonight, as in the years past, all your eggs are still in one basket. And if that one egg breaks, seems as though the rest does too. Something ain't working.

A clue maybe can be found in looking as though run teams have beaten you, and all the passing your banking on in offensive plays ain't helping you win either. Just my opinion.

Tigerfan told me just trust the coaches. Well I sure ain't gonna blame the kids.