Riverdale's Alexa Middleton has committed to Tennessee!

Sequatchie

News of AM committing to UT is surprising but not surprising. It will cause and has caused recruiting ripples everywhere, Positioning for the services of this very talented player has been going on for some time since its been known that the SEC had been her preference. Others had hoped she would change her mind. UT was the choice but was it the best choice. Only time will tell and to get it off her mind is of some value. Congrats to this fine player and family.

Others had hoped she would change her mind. UT was the choice but was it the best choice. Only time will tell and to get it off her mind is of some value. Congrats to this fine player and family.

Since when is wanting to play for one of the top two schools in Women's basketball and the home state school not the best choice? The 2013 class Coach Warlick just brought in was the #1 overall class which included the #1 player in the country. With the injuries that the Lady Vols had during the season it showed you can never have to many guards. The Lady Vols have showed over the years if there is a player they truly want in the state of Tennessee they get! Plus the Lady Vols have a 100% graduation rate. Edited by Sequatchie

You are right in every point. UT is very fortunate to have this player. Warlick is a fine person but is not yet a Summitt. Tennessee just doesn't seem right not making it to the Final 4. It did not have the organization that one is used to be seen and the caliber of on a Tennessee team. Injurys have followed Tennessee for a few years and are not new. Something else missing and cant seem to put my hand on it. Could be there has been no Griner on the team. I think we bothcan admit that the baar is pretty high when comparisons are made between teams. AM will fit in very well. The difference is she is not used to losing. Tennessee, for whatever reason, has become used to losing and the caliber of opponent is not the reason. Recruits are just recruits. Some are good and some are just recruits. Summitt had a way of taking great players to another level. Can't find that at Tennessee today. Whether anone is able to coach that way at UT today will be the difference if UT can continue to play like it has. By the way, Conn. had good recruits also.

Edited by PHargis

You are right in every point. UT is very fortunate to have this player. Warlick is a fine person but is not yet a Summitt. Tennessee just doesn't seem right not making it to the Final 4. It did not have the organization that one is used to be seen and the caliber of on a Tennessee team. Injurys have followed Tennessee for a few years and are not new. Something else missing and cant seem to put my hand on it. Could be there has been no Griner on the team. I think we bothcan admit that the baar is pretty high when comparisons are made between teams. AM will fit in very well. The difference is she is not used to losing. Tennessee, for whatever reason, has become used to losing and the caliber of opponent is not the reason. Recruits are just recruits. Some are good and some are just recruits. Summitt had a way of taking great players to another level. Can't find that at Tennessee today. Whether anone is able to coach that way at UT today will be the difference if UT can continue to play like it has. By the way, Conn. had good recruits also.

I agree with what you say, I think if Tennessee doesn't make the Final Four this year then things certainly need to be questioned. There were times this year when Tennessee's Graves & Harrison were as dominate as any front court in the Women's game (not named Baylor). If Graves can make the same amount of progress this off season as Harrison did last year I ddon't see many teams competing with that plus you add (6'6) Mercedes Russell the #1 player in the county.

Simmons and Massengale have to have a solid season from start to finish they disappeared in down the stretch. Tennessee certainly has to make the National Championship game in the next two years in my opinion. The roster that Warlick as well as Summitt has put together over the last three recruiting classes is made for a Championship run.

You are right about Simmons for sure. Something happened that we don't know about and probably shouldn't. A great player looked to habve lost her confidence and seemed to be rushing and not relaxed. She is still a great player with all of the tools and a difference maker but needed to let the game come to her more than rush. The coaching staff has films and has to know what she needs. Smetimes chemistry on a team changes with just a little difference in personel. The chemistry on that team was off just enough to make a difference. When you are that good its hard to put your finger on whats the difference. But fans will never know nor should they. Six foot six. Mama must have been an Amazon.