• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Welcome to CoachT.com Message Boards

Take part in our online community by signing up! Get in the game today! This message disappears when you sign in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
croz6110

Gordonsville 2013

181 posts in this topic

I got GHS in an easy win. Maybe UHS can make me a believer but until that happens im not convinced in their abilities.

did you attend the scrimmage? If you did I would feel better. I don't know hardly anything about Upperman. I just have a bad feeling about this one. There's tons of excitement for this game up Baxter I am sure though. I just hope the players don't overlook them and say same ole same ole Upperman.

did you attend the scrimmage? If you did I would feel better. I don't know hardly anything about Upperman. I just have a bad feeling about this one. There's tons of excitement for this game up Baxter I am sure though. I just hope the players don't overlook them and say same ole same ole Upperman.

No I did not attend but talked to people that went to both scrimmages, one being a UHS alum. He stated that he feels UHS is being talked up just a little to much. They should be competitive in several games this year but don't expect them to take the next step. They did not beat anybody worth noting last season and was beaten badly vs. the top competition they faced. I have been hearing for 3 years now how this season is the year for UHS. I have zero faith in them but will be the first to congratulate and admit I was wrong if I am. Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Scrimmage is tommorow at 5:30. Livingston at Gordonsville m but I look for it to get cancelled due to rain. But if they do play I'm wanting to see an improved o-line and QB play. That's the two things that I think need to be helped the most. But that is the least expiernced on the team.

Edited by TigerTown8412

Scrimmage is tommorow at 5:30. Livingston at Gordonsville m but I look for it to get cancelled due to rain. But if they do play I'm wanting to see an improved o-line and QB play. That's the two things that I think need to be helped the most. But that is the least expiernced on the team.

Hopefully they play, id like to know how that one turns out.

I ask that y'all will remember Croz. He is back in the hospital again with his leg. Infection got in there and he has took a big setback. Long time CoachT and Big Blue supporter.

No I did not attend but talked to people that went to both scrimmages, one being a UHS alum. He stated that he feels UHS is being talked up just a little to much. They should be competitive in several games this year but don't expect them to take the next step. They did not beat anybody worth noting last season and was beaten badly vs. the top competition they faced. I have been hearing for 3 years now how this season is the year for UHS. I have zero faith in them but will be the first to congratulate and admit I was wrong if I am.

Only thing I will say on behalf of UHS is they do have like 23 seniors. Past 3 seasons they had around like 8-10 seniors a year. Best player in district is either rb Manning for SC or qb C.York for UHS. Other than the York kid they are not all that tallented but veteran in the skill postions. Up front they are very very big. Have 2 seniors around 6-3,290....one kid at O tackle the say is 6'6 260, and a noise that listed in Murphy as 6'3 340. If Gordonsville is really down in the line this year it "could" get interesting. I read in paper they played 3 quaters varsity in spring game and 2 varsity this fall verse Cookeville and didnt give up a score. Wednsday paper had Cookeville varsity putting 21 points up on Galatin. That has to mean something. But again, i am like some of you, I will beleave it when i see it from them but it very well "could" be their year.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I ask that y'all will remember Croz. He is back in the hospital again with his leg. Infection got in there and he has took a big setback. Long time CoachT and Big Blue supporter.

Tell him we said to rub some dirt on it.

Only thing I will say on behalf of UHS is they do have like 23 seniors. Past 3 seasons they had around like 8-10 seniors a year. Best player in district is either rb Manning for SC or qb C.York for UHS. Other than the York kid they are not all that tallented but veteran in the skill postions. Up front they are very very big. Have 2 seniors around 6-3,290....one kid at O tackle the say is 6'6 260, and a noise that listed in Murphy as 6'3 340. If Gordonsville is really down in the line this year it "could" get interesting. I read in paper they played 3 quaters varsity in spring game and 2 varsity this fall verse Cookeville and didnt give up a score. Wednsday paper had Cookeville varsity putting 21 points up on Galatin. That has to mean something. But again, i am like some of you, I will beleave it when i see it from them but it very well "could" be their year.

I believe it was Phillip Fulmer who once said "Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" but on a serious note our line isn't that good to be honest. They just aren't battle tested. But it is the quickest line I have ever seen in years at Gordonsville. Offense and Defense. Gville could have a new identity this year and just try to beat people to the edge. But I don't think I would ever see that happen. I still think we're gonna try to run it between the tackles. The old Gordonsville way and just "outmean people"