Ricky Bowers and Ensworth have killed Tn football

cowboypete

I talked to 3 private schools in TN about my two sons attending and you would be surprised at the questions I was asked about there atheletic ability. More talk about sports than the education aspects of two of the schools. A lot more going on about the sports aspects then what people want to believe. And no I will not mention the three schools  I talked too.

ah yes another stupid post. Son, i sent 5 kids to private school here in middle TN - all to BA, not one question was asked about sports. We were the ones asking questions about sports - oh and by the way all of my kids were starters on multiple teams @ BA AND 2 are playing college sports as we speak but BA did not know me from adam when we inverviewed there. The same at the other 3 private schools we considered.  and what is your point exactly?  that we should send kids to public schools when they (TN) are ranked in the bottom 3rd in the country (yes they moved up 4 or so spots this past yr - big whoop - probably because of williamson county - the one public system you would want your kids to attend). Or, if we as parents can swing it why would we not send them to private schools where they can increase their chances of a successfull career?  that's a pretty easy answer. As i've said many many times, feel free to stay at lower sloblovia HS. trust me we won't miss you 

First off Im not your son and secondly congrads on all five of your kids starting at BA and having two playing college sports,you must be a proud father and rightly deserved. I was just expressing my experience with the process and that was it. Times have changed and I am aware of the difference in the public vs. private sector of the education system. Once again I commend you on giving your children a better option for their educational needs and wants. May every one of your children have success in their life and adventures.

First off Im not your son and secondly congrads on all five of your kids starting at BA and having two playing college sports,you must be a proud father and rightly deserved. I was just expressing my experience with the process and that was it. Times have changed and I am aware of the difference in the public vs. private sector of the education system. Once again I commend you on giving your children a better option for their educational needs and wants. May every one of your children have success in their life and adventures.

I appreciate your response - thank you. I just get so tired of folks putting down those of us who do all we can to do what we feel is right for our kids - and for many of us that means private schooling and an environment that supports out faith. It isn't about being an elitist (as another thread on this board suggests) or sports. It's about trying to make the best way forward for my kids. I agree some do it for sports but that is not the "majority" that non-private folks think it is. Life is hard enough, anything we as parents can do to assist in easing some of that burden should be foremost in our efforts in raising our kids     

I appreciate your response - thank you. I just get so tired of folks putting down those of us who do all we can to do what we feel is right for our kids - and for many of us that means private schooling and an environment that supports out faith. It isn't about being an elitist (as another thread on this board suggests) or sports. It's about trying to make the best way forward for my kids. I agree some do it for sports but that is not the "majority" that non-private folks think it is. Life is hard enough, anything we as parents can do to assist in easing some of that burden should be foremost in our efforts in raising our kids     

You are more than welcome and I would never put down any parent that goes above and beyond to make a better life for their children. I try my best to be a good father,role model and friend to both of my kids and try to provide to the best of my abilities for them. I see to many parents that don't give two squats about their children and what they are doing and it just ruffles my feathers. They are our future and if we the parents don't show them the right and correct way then who is? Sports is a great way to teach teamwork and other aspects but we all know that certain % of kids make it in a professional sport and others have to have something else to fall back on to be successful in life and what better way than having a top notch education. Hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving.

Meritage I am helping my youngest son fill out the BA questionnaire at this moment and there is one question on hobbies ... Does that qualify you think?

ah yes another stupid post. Son, i sent 5 kids to private school here in middle TN - all to BA, not one question was asked about sports. We were the ones asking questions about sports - oh and by the way all of my kids were starters on multiple teams @ BA AND 2 are playing college sports as we speak but BA did not know me from adam when we inverviewed there. The same at the other 3 private schools we considered. and what is your point exactly? that we should send kids to public schools when they (TN) are ranked in the bottom 3rd in the country (yes they moved up 4 or so spots this past yr - big whoop - probably because of williamson county - the one public system you would want your kids to attend). Or, if we as parents can swing it why would we not send them to private schools where they can increase their chances of a successfull career? that's a pretty easy answer. As i've said many many times, feel free to stay at lower sloblovia HS. trust me we won't miss you

You are more than welcome and I would never put down any parent that goes above and beyond to make a better life for their children. I try my best to be a good father,role model and friend to both of my kids and try to provide to the best of my abilities for them. I see to many parents that don't give two squats about their children and what they are doing and it just ruffles my feathers. They are our future and if we the parents don't show them the right and correct way then who is? Sports is a great way to teach teamwork and other aspects but we all know that certain % of kids make it in a professional sport and others have to have something else to fall back on to be successful in life and what better way than having a top notch education. Hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving.

here here - same to you

Well I was deeply offended.  If I were an admissions counselor sitting across from a 6'4" 280 lb kid or a 6"8" kid with a 7 foot "wing span"  I personally would not inject sports into the conversation.  More likely the a capella choir or the chess team.... :rolleyes:

Thinking I would ask him about his interests in the Theatre department or make sure he knew that there are only water and diet drinks in the vending machines...