Ricky Bowers and Ensworth have killed Tn football

cowboypete

Anyone else think it's ironic that Bowers in his prime wouldn't start for his current teams? Unless of course he was coaching himself. That seems to be a trend around the D2 scene though doesn't it? Maybe some of these coaches should worry less about what they don't have and focus more about what they do. High school football is about working hard and earning your wins. It's about developing young boys into young men by teaching them how to live both on and off the field, and how to work towards being the best and doing what they are capable of. We've lost that though. It's all about numbers.Yeah some coaches are still doing this, but not in Division 2. Until a coach comes along that decides to try to change this back, I'll never watch another game.

High school football is about working hard and earning your wins. It's about developing young boys into young men by teaching them how to live both on and off the field, and how to work towards being the best and doing what they are capable of.

You have quite concisely defined exactly what is going on at Ensworth and many (most) other D2 schools on a daily basis. Thanks for that! Oh, and by the way, Ricky would indeed start and star at Ensworth - the team misses his son atQB much more than it misses Corn, even though Corn had crazy skills.

You have quite concisely defined exactly what is going on at Ensworth and many (most) other D2 schools on a daily basis. Thanks for that! Oh, and by the way, Ricky  misses Corn, Corn had crazy skills.

Thanks, I know that I did define what is going on, you must have accidentally left out the parts where I wrote about it in your quote of me. That's ok I understand that it was implied. Yeah Ricky may start for himself, I think I wrote that somewhere, you must have forgot to quote me on that one as well. Oh and I can change quotes too;)

Thanks, I know that I did define what is going on, you must have accidentally left out the parts where I wrote about it in your quote of me. That's ok I understand that it was implied. Yeah Ricky may start for himself, I think I wrote that somewhere, you must have forgot to quote me on that one as well. Oh and I can change quotes too;)

Didn't change a thing - just edited out your hate. You are welcome!!!

These people are so predictable red robin. Their post are all rooted in envy or revenge for reasons we will never know. Instead of looking in the mirror and trying to improve their lives or live above bar they think the best way to feel good about themselves is to beat down other people. For what reason we will not know but their motives are very easy to see.

Didn't change a thing - just edited out your hate. You are welcome!!!

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Anyone else think it's ironic that Bowers in his prime wouldn't start for his current teams? Unless of course he was coaching himself. That seems to be a trend around the D2 scene though doesn't it? Maybe some of these coaches should worry less about what they don't have and focus more about what they do. High school football is about working hard and earning your wins. It's about developing young boys into young men by teaching them how to live both on and off the field, and how to work towards being the best and doing what they are capable of. We've lost that though. It's all about numbers.Yeah some coaches are still doing this, but not in Division 2. Until a coach comes along that decides to try to change this back, I'll never watch another game.

Did you ever see Ricky play? I did. Take my word for it, he would have  started for any high school football, basketball or baseball team in the state from 1960 until now. And contrary to your no knowledge assertion, virtually, every kid I know who who has played for him in the last 20 years would tell you that playing for Ricky was one of the great growing experiences of their lives. They learn hard work and excellence and teamwork, as well as how to be better than they ever dreamed they could be. My son played for him at MBA -- didn't play much, but wouldn't  trade the experience for anything. Neither would I. Sorry you won't be watching any more D2 games. You'll miss some very good games. Nobody will miss you. 

• Upvote 1

You pretend to know a lot more than you actually do. Since you care so much about "developing young boys into men," perhaps you would be pleased to step inside a locker room like Brentwood Academy's. Pregame prayers...a coaching staff dedicated to using encouraging language to build up players...the team required to clean the stadium after games to make the maintenance staff's lives easier...team-wide service projects...yeah, you're right, those things are just about wins and losses on the field, aren't they?

While I do not have the same level of familiarity with the other DII programs, I can assure you each coaching staff in this league would laugh at your accusation that it's "all about numbers." If by "numbers," you mean GPA, college scholarship dollars (athletic and academic) or students' future salaries, then yes, maybe numbers are pretty important. Of course, none of us will pretend that wins aren't the immediate focus of any team, but that also applies to programs in D1 -- yes, even the coaches you say are doing things the right way. But the macro focus -- the ultimate aim of prep athletics -- is to develop young adults, and anyone who works with high school kids has bypassed more lucrative, less exhausting professions so they can help kids learn and grow. And, yeah, hopefully win, too.

DII teams have "worked hard" and they've "earned their wins." Perhaps your issue is simply that those wins have come against teams you support. And it's okay to admit that. But pretending your jealousy is actually a principled stand is arrogant, nearsighted and dishonest.

DII players are not drones. DII schools are not football factories. DII coaches are not win-programmed robots. Until you've met them, stop pretending you know them. Once you know them, you'll find yourself agreeing with what I've written.

Edited by WesVLT

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to 3 private schools in TN about my two sons attending and you would be surprised at the questions I was asked about there atheletic ability. More talk about sports than the education aspects of two of the schools. A lot more going on about the sports aspects then what people want to believe. And no I will not mention the three schools  I talked too.