Anderson County v Karns

K2ruth

Big Blue Volley or Truthteller Dad. I got a text that said Anderson County beat Karns. Did that happen?

I thought Karns had been playing great and that AC was really young. What happened? Was it close? I am curious to hear from anyone actually AT the game. Any AC or Karns fans on here that could give a recap?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game. Here is the recap. We got beat. Bad.

We were way up in game 1, they came back and won. Our "coach" sat there making faces and let them go on two big runs. She did nothing to stop the momentum.

Game two was close, but again we lost.

Game three we won pretty handedly. Game four we went up and it was a repeat of game one. The game was tied around 18 or 19 and they went on a run and our coach waited until match point to call a time out?

I am new to volleyball. This is our first year and my daughter only plays JV, but we have to stay for the varsity games. We have been beating every body and some of the girls were talking about going to the state tournament.

Other than Oak Ridge we had beaten all of the teams in our district pretty easily. We beat Oak Ridge but it took us five games. The parents of the varsity girls said that Anderson County was really good, but that they had graduated all of there starters and that we should win.

We beat Catholic recently, who looked good, and before last nights games the coaches seemed confident that it would be a short night. It was,short for us.

They outplayed us. They were the best defensive team I have watched. Our hitters would attack hard and they got to all of the balls. We had a much taller team but they out hit us and out blocked us. What impressed me most was how hard the whole team served.

I don't want to be critical, but our whole coaching staff just sat there. The AC coaches never quit coaching and cheering. They yelled at the officials, all of there coaches were constantly yelling instructions to there team telling them where to stand and where to hit, they called time outs, and what impressed me the most was how positive they were. If a girl messed up they hugged her and encouraged he. One play I remember a girl called a ball out and it fell at her feet about four or five feet in. It was a big point. Instead of getting mad the coaches told her it was ok. After we won game three the whole team left the gym and went into the hall. They came back onto the floor laughing and cheering.

I will admit that I don't know anything about volleyball. Some of our dads are officials and they do a good job of telling us what is going on, but I was impressed with tis team. There whole bench, led by the coaches, jumped up to celebrate every point, and encouraged them every miss. Our coaches just sat there shaking their head.

I don't know if we will play next year. It has been fun, but this is not our best sport. Our coaches seem to play favorites, and our best player doesn't get to hit as many spikes as the players that the coach seems to like. I'm sure that happens in all sports, but last night was eye opening to how exciting volleyball can be. The Anderson County team was the fastest and most aggressive team, and funnest team we have played.

I don't agree with Kbeaverfan about the coaching. However, it was the worst game I have seen Karns play since the season started. They were absolutely off their game. Unfortunately when it really mattered, the wrong hitters were consistently being set. Anderson County's true strength was in their serving and defense. The hitters were ok, but they had some great servers and a strong defense. If Karns had played like they did all season, it wouldn't have been a problem. For whatever reason, they fell apart for the first time this season.

Orcat, the AC fans were not a problem in any way. They clapped their hands and cheered for their team. I heard nothing bad. They were nice, and stayed around and talked with our parents after the game, the same for the coaches. I thought everybody, including the Karns fans were extremely well behaved.

TRuthteller dad are you a Karns parent? I strongly disagree. I thought our girls did a good job. I don't think our coaches did anything, but the girls played hard. I think they weren't prepared for how good the other team played. My daughter said that our coach thought it would be an easy win.

We played worse several times this season. I just think we got beat by a good team that was playing well.

Also, who do you think should have gotten the spikes. I thought they all got about the same. Jessica was the only one who really could get her spikes in. I thought everybody got a chance to spike?

We are a good team. Too me, they were so fast with everything they did, and so aggressive, I thought that was the difference. Don't blame our girls for playing bad.

I've been telling you this all along. The coaching at Karns is TERRIBLE!!!! That's the bottom line. Call it like it is. If you're telling me the wrong girls were being set....That's coaching!!! The coach acted like she didn't care. Some coaches get burned out. I think we have a burned out (on volleyball) coach. Coaches have to exploit match ups. If the coach thinks that one girl should get all the sets in order to win, then that's what should happen.

I'm telling you guys. Our coach's mentality all goes back to that "portrait" that she put up right before you walk into the gym. What kind of coach does that??

I agree with TT regarding the coaching, it was not that bad! Coaches have different styles and because one coach doesn't cheer and another does means nada! Karns definitely had an off night against AC, however I think Karns will beat AC when it really counts. OR you are correct it will be Oakridge and Karns in disricts, hopefully I can make it to watch everyone compete at districts. By the way, AC's male coach was absolutely nerve racking as usual!

Kbeaverfan, you stated that you don't know much about volleyball and your daughter is new to the sport correct and you don't know if you all will play next year, sounds like you aren't having a great experience this year. Word of advice if you should continue with any sport. It may not be your daughter's "best sport", but don't blame it on the coaching or that they play favorites. My daughter barely touches the volleyball court, but she's not a quiter. She works hard everyday to be a better player and teammate, despite her lack of playing time. I don't have blinders on either, my daughter isn't the strongest player on the team, but I am always excited when she gets an opportunity to touch the floor. Please tell me you aren't "that parent" who knows absolutely nothing about volleyball, but can prejudge your coaches. I can only wonder if your daughter played more would you be so critical. Just my humble opinion.

I was at the game. Here is the recap. We got beat. Bad.

We were way up in game 1, they came back and won. Our "coach" sat there making faces and let them go on two big runs. She did nothing to stop the momentum.

Game two was close, but again we lost.

Game three we won pretty handedly. Game four we went up and it was a repeat of game one. The game was tied around 18 or 19 and they went on a run and our coach waited until match point to call a time out?

I am new to volleyball. This is our first year and my daughter only plays JV, but we have to stay for the varsity games. We have been beating every body and some of the girls were talking about going to the state tournament.

Other than Oak Ridge we had beaten all of the teams in our district pretty easily. We beat Oak Ridge but it took us five games. The parents of the varsity girls said that Anderson County was really good, but that they had graduated all of there starters and that we should win.

We beat Catholic recently, who looked good, and before last nights games the coaches seemed confident that it would be a short night. It was,short for us.

They outplayed us. They were the best defensive team I have watched. Our hitters would attack hard and they got to all of the balls. We had a much taller team but they out hit us and out blocked us. What impressed me most was how hard the whole team served.

I don't want to be critical, but our whole coaching staff just sat there. The AC coaches never quit coaching and cheering. They yelled at the officials, all of there coaches were constantly yelling instructions to there team telling them where to stand and where to hit, they called time outs, and what impressed me the most was how positive they were. If a girl messed up they hugged her and encouraged he. One play I remember a girl called a ball out and it fell at her feet about four or five feet in. It was a big point. Instead of getting mad the coaches told her it was ok. After we won game three the whole team left the gym and went into the hall. They came back onto the floor laughing and cheering.

I will admit that I don't know anything about volleyball. Some of our dads are officials and they do a good job of telling us what is going on, but I was impressed with tis team. There whole bench, led by the coaches, jumped up to celebrate every point, and encouraged them every miss. Our coaches just sat there shaking their head.

I don't know if we will play next year. It has been fun, but this is not our best sport. Our coaches seem to play favorites, and our best player doesn't get to hit as many spikes as the players that the coach seems to like. I'm sure that happens in all sports, but last night was eye opening to how exciting volleyball can be. The Anderson County team was the fastest and most aggressive team, and funnest team we have played.

Edited by PhoenixFlyer