Has a Freshman ever been District MVP

orcat

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree. She is carrying our team. She is our best server, hitter and defensive player. If our setting was more consistent she would be unstoppable. Don't be so down on our district.

We have an easy road to the finals and I expect our freshman to dominate the tournament. It will be a good battle in the finals with Karns. We are a different team than the first time we played.

My prediction will be our super freshman holding the MVP award in one hand and the championship trophy in the other!

All we need is another hater. You are 100% wrong. We have a freshman that is as good as any player in Knoxville and she is just a FRESHMAN! Knoxville volleyball is not hurting, she is just that good.

I will admit that we have struggled for the last two or three years, but that is because we have a senior and junior class that is just not that athletic. They are nice girls, but just don't possess the physical tools to take us to the next level.

As the year has gone by our Super Freshman has assumed a leadership role and taken control of he team. We are now ready to unseat Karns as the district power. We have the best coach in the district, the best player and a supporting cast who supports her.

I read this again and got upset. Ir6968 how can you make that statement. Our super freshman is fantastic. She is the best player Oak Ridge has ever produced. She is as good right now as any SENIOR in Knoxville. Now that she has had a season to show what she can do she is dominating games.

It took time for the upperclassman to accept her leadership, but we are playing great right now, because of her. Our setter is a senior and she is limited. Once Coach Foster has time to train her own setter I expect state records to fall!

dream on.....oak ridge doesnt have a player who could start for farragut, cak, catholic or any number of schools. im not a hater just tired of you telling everybody how good oak ridge is and what they are going to do, what is the biggest win this year for oak ridge?

you take so much heat becuse you get on here and talk so much smack its unreal.......oh yeah and the coach at oak ridge isnt much either

You have to be associated with K2. Our coach blows away he coaches of the three schools you mentioned. Our super freshman is better than any underclassmen those three schools have.

CAK. If you look I have spoken well of CAK all year. They have underperformed. Why? Coaching. They should have won the state championship last year with the talent and club players they have. This year they have lost way too many games.

Catholic? Catholic? Catholic?

Farragut, or as we in volleyball say, K2s meal ticket. What have they ever done?

Coach Foster is the best coach in the area. No one is close.

This thread was about great freshman leaders. You changed the subject. Back on topic.

Has there ever been as dominant freshman? Our upperclassman are average, and have too many bad habits. Our younger players now lead the team. Who is a better freshman?

Everyone, please take orcat with a grain of salt. They are simply trying to stir pot. All the teams in Knoxville are capable of a loss as evidenced by the matches this year. Everyone beats up on each other. There are some very good teams in this area. Many will got to state and anything can happen there.

Some teams are getting healthy. Catholic had injuries to 2 starters for first few weeks and they were 2-9. They have gone 28-10 with those girls back and healthy playing a tough schedule.

Webb, Farragut, Bearden, Hardin Valley and CAK are all very talented and have very good coaching. Lots of parity this year in area.

The frosh at Oak Ridge is talented, no doubt. But there are some very talented players in this area as well. Only time will tell if she continues to improve. Bottom line is this....Farragut has most talent in this area and when they want to play it's a herculean task to beat them.