Stewart's Creek Debacle

Baylor12

I'll qualify this subject that the staff of Stewart's Creek could not have been friendlier; however, TSSAA decision to have 2 courts at Stewart's Creek for the state tournament was embarrassing and potentially dangerous for the participants. It's hard to believe that the gyms at Oakland, Riverdale, Smyrna,or MTCS were not available for today. Instead we have points stopped for loose balls, spectators walking into servers, and jump servers with limited approach. Finally, we have always been told that the finals could not be played on Saturday due to the MTSU football schedule. It sure would be nice to have a championship Saturday so that friends, classmates, teachers, and working parents can attend rather than playing championships in the middle of the academic/work day.

I have never understood why TSSAA could not have the volleyball state championships on Saturday for all of the divisions.  The state tournament should be on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  The gate would be much better for the money driven TSSAA; and everyone that is involved could see their schools in the finals. This is very hard to do on a Friday if you are in school or are working.  Hey, lets get the students involved on a Saturday too.  What a concept.   And yes, most important of all that would keep the "student" athletes in school for an extra day.  Hmmm.This seems like a no brainer to me

I think all are right on playing Thurs - Sat.  We were told because of Football on Sat at MTSU was the reason in the middle of week.  However you only take 40 teams to the State so that's  not much out of 300 teams.  But this year I saw MTSU play on TV on Thursday so who know's. I may never see either, our team has to get out of District first.   Good luck to all teams playing for Championships and the other teams that got there as well.  I read that Goodpasture could break a long standing winning streak that we have had in Chattanooga.  Kirkman school won like 81 games in row.  If(when) they win the State Championship it will be 82.  Great Job