Blackman vs Bowling Green

erikays2

And to add to my last post, within 24 hours of playing we can already see how scared BGHS is of playing us WITHOUT THEIR REFS, bc there is already talk of them CANCELLING next years game. So you can blame it on WHATEVER you like but we Blackman fans already know its because you're scared and KNOW you can be EASILY beat without your paid off refs!

@ All Blaze fans, this exactly why you don't play nice and allow teams like that to beat you, and please stop talking about the Refs, yes they were absolutely horrible, nevertheless our kids manage to overcome adversity and monumental injustice and with not much time left get the game down to 4th and ten from approx the 14 yd line I can take four parents out of the stands all 50 and over and tell them to play cover 2 zone and they would not have to take no more than three or four steps either up or back and stop any play that could be run by just reading simple keys, now think about the momentum winning a game like that would have given us going into playoffs after all of that

I agree, but our secondary, offense, defensive, etc. can't WORK as a solid unit if you're playing against 16 instead of 11! These refs LITERALLY knocked the wind out of our sails because of their blantent favored BG calling! ANYONE who watches the game film can see it. I've watched it and just as Shad said it is a "disgrace" in referee calling. And something else, the BG coach trying to "bully" Shad into a halftime "fist fight" is a joke. 240+ games into his career he knows better but I can promise you that"fat boy" coach from BG wouldn't have stood a chance against Shad! Shad can sometimes be misunderstood as a jerk but I can promise you he isn't! heck he holds devotional night with his players ever Wednesday night if they choose to attend. A man of God will never stoop so low to a "fist fight" but I can promise you this! He will NEVER start out, but he will FINISH IT!

...So I, in my opinion, hope that BGHS wins out from now until this time next year when they travel here. Because I can promise you, we will beat you into the ground and your cocky attitude and cocky head coach will be brought down bc NO ONE treats our team as BADLY as you did and gets away with it!

This sounds eirely similar to the first couple of pages of this thread.

Blackman missed a FG, was unable to covert a 3 yard 2 point play, and thier very talented defense gave up a 65+ yard drive with 4 minutes left to play to lose the game including the 4th and 14 touchdown where they maned up Fant with their best player #2 who looked completely out-athleted on the play. There were ZERO penalties on that drive. That was gut check time for Blackman, just like when they had to stop Oakland. In both instances, they failed. Accept it with some dignity for God's sake.

So let's wait until next year when these "people" from BGHS come to Tennessee. Because I can promise you they will be shown how bad or lacking their team is with fair refs! You can say "stop blaming the refs" all you want but THEY are the reason Blackman lost this game. Not Shad or the boys attitude but THEM, THE REFS!

Yeaf Football7272 because at that point YOUR PAID OFF REFS hadn't chopped off the balls of a bunch of harmless boys who are just playing a game they love. What a joke. TRUST ME, no one wonders how your team has been able to remain "undefeated" with the help you have had fro. YOUR extra 5 players on the field......

Whether it's a game between two in-state schools or two schools from different states, you get what you get with the stripes. Some take their jobs seriously; some want to just get their rears home and salvage what's left of a weekend night after what is likely a 40+ hour week doing a day job as well as a Friday night gig.  Biases exist everywhere - we're all leery when our team goes to another city or another state.  Usually there is some sense of consolation in knowing that, with what are usually home-and-home series, the forces that may be working against you in one season are reversed in the other season of that series.

An unnamed Kentucky school came to Tennessee in 2005.  Trailing 17-13 late in the 4th, the Kentucky school embarked on what could have been a game-winning drive when a bank of lights went out on one side of the field (just one bank; the bank on the opposite sideline was on and provided more than ample light given the circumstances).  While it was darker on that side of the field, and it was that end of the field towards which the Kentucky team was driving, to say that visibility affected that final drive would be a stretch.  If any school was at a disadvantage, it was the Tennessee team - it was on defense and didn't have the benefit of knowing where the ball was heading.  Long story short, the Kentucky team lost, and conspiracy theories were rampant on the Kentucky boards about the Tennessee school disabling that bank of lights intentionally (a total crock of a theory).  Nevertheless, the complaints can go both ways. For what it's worth, that same Tennessee team went to Kentucky the following year for the return game and won a similarly tight game by 2 points, but certainly there could have been concern that the perceived shaft from 2005 may have been returned by the Kentucky school/refs, but it wasn't.

Tennessee went 19-11 versus Kentucky this year - 8-5 (.615 winning percentage) in Tennessee and 11-6 in Kentucky (.647).  We had some of our top teams play their top teams (and both won in each other's states), we had bottom feeders play their bottom feeders, and we had some mismatches both ways.  Bottom line, the refs are going to play a role in some outcomes, but on the whole, the game is going to be decided by the players and teams and which ones are the better ones.

I don't want to diminish the feelings of Blackman fans; I wouldn't be happy either.  You played a heckuva game on the road and still overcame a ton of tough breaks enough where a win was ever so close in hand.  When 2014 comes around, you'll have home field advantage and Tennessee officials.  My hope would be that you get dedicated officials and play hard and motivated enough that the outcome will be decided by the play on the field.  I know that's not much consolation this year, but channeled, motivated revenge can be powerful.

Heck, BG will probably beat Blackman next year too...why, I say? Because it appears Blackman never learns from its losses. They just continue to blame others, reboot their threats, and find ways to look everywhere but at themselves.

I repeat...Blackman had the game won with 4 minutes to play. They had 65 yards between BG and the endzone to defend with what is a very good defense. There were no penalties during that drive. They even got it to 4th and 14 and got to man up BG's best player with their best player and EVERYONE in the stadium knew who BG was going to go to on that play. Even with all that, they lost.  

Their response...it's everyone else's fault.

This thread has been a weak representation of TN football.

I have watched this game from both angles....I have slowed down a lot of the plays...looking at each player....and the officials....love to get KHSAA and TSSAA in a room and hear their thoughts....love to have a couple of non verbal experts who can tell you personality traits of the subjects.....I would like to hear somebody like Randy Holt or Craig Dunn's opinion or even Thomas Floyd...

Need some eyes who have zero skin in the matter....

Edited by StorkMontgomery

I have watched this game from both angles....I have slowed down a lot of the plays...looking at each player....and the officials....love to get KHSAA and TSSAA in a room and hear their thoughts....love to have a couple of non verbal experts who can tell you personality traits of the subjects.....I would like to hear somebody like Randy Holt or Craig Dunn's opinion or even Thomas Floyd...

Need some eyes who have zero skin in the matter....

Any time, any schools from two different states play, the zebras need to be from a THIRD state. Until then you will always have folks claiming the game was rigged.